Main Menu

Chasing La Vuelta A Espana

Started by twojaysalmeria, September 01, 2017, 07:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

telcaz

Yes, i agree Excellent photo's, i also agree that these people are super human and are to be admired, i know they can be a pain while doing their training around these parts, but good luck to them.
                                                                                           Terry

zilnor

twojaysalmeria

Stage 11, ending at Calar Alto - let's go, we said! Zoomed off through the downpour, heading for Velefique with the vague intention of finding an isolated spot to park and set up tripods, GoPro and all the gear. Well, we should have set off earlier because we were stopped way before our intended destination as the Guardia began to close roads for the 'ciclismo' to come through.

However, it turned out that we had a tremendous viewpoint after all and were pretty much in touching distance of the riders as they passed. After they had all gone through we thought it worth a drive to try to get ahead of the peleton which we just about managed around 40 minutes later. More photos taken and then retired to a bar to celebrate.

Below a few pics from the couple of hundred we took - chose these because they show the rain and spray quite clearly. Those guys are pretty super-human IMO.

J