English Butcher

Started by pambates, August 23, 2017, 17:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystal2

Totally agree.   The butcher section in Coviran is excellent.   The beef/steak is best quality as is the lamb

olly

Butcher in Coviran Arboleas is very popular with the English Ex-Pats, and for good reason. Not English ,but can communicate O.K. and the meat is beautiful.
Bought a piece of "rostbeef there last week, and it was as good, if not better than any I've tasted in England.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Wilf and Moira

Quote from: pambates on August 25, 2017, 11:54:13 AM
Thanks Steve.
Will give Juan a try.

Yes, he is very good, would also recommend him.
Always maintain the Status Quo!!

Cuddlybill

I know you want an English butcher and apologise for the suggestion but try Ruiz the lady butcher in Huercal Overa.  She will cut whatever you want, does great blade bone of pork for roasting (with skin, so plenty of crackling) Hope this helps if not don't shoot the messenger! :08: :08:
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

pambates

Thanks Steve.
Will give Juan a try.

elliymob

Quote from: pambates on August 24, 2017, 20:34:57 PM
Steve - please read the question again, and to everyone else thanks for the tips.

:c023:  but Juan is good , both English and Spanish cut and spoken   Plus duck, geese, turkey, all game etc etc . Also the butcher in the Iceland is French , not that we can afford to shop there on over priced end of date food .

Local food , street markets , it's not the med diet if it's trucked in frozen !

I must get off mi box now !

Steve

pambates

Steve - please read the question again, and to everyone else thanks for the tips.

elliymob

Why ? Why ? When in Spain eh .. There's more than the sun you know .

If you want a name then Juan on the playa at Mojacar for special items but really just eat the local fare or Brexit !

Steve

cg

we use the butcher in the fruiters just up from Mercadona tried it when the butchers in the English closed down not looked back

MadreMia

Hi, the English supermarket in Albox (next door to puppy rescue and bar Lepanto) Sol Supermercado,  order in all English  cuts of meat. They do have some always available in their fridge/freezers too.

Lorraine

How about the guy in Iceland in Vera - Isn't he English?

Essex Girl

if you ask any spanish butcher for English cuts of meat (ie topside, sirloin or thick cut chops) they will cut it to your preference.  We use the one next to Pricebusters. He understands a little English. We have also bought barnsley lamb chops from him.  Don't try his "English sausages"...they are his version of English sausages!! :103:
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

solarsolutionsalmeria

good english butcher
in England
note the capital
however if you want a good spanish (without the capital) butcher then i sugest in spain(again no capital)
good will hunting

hope this helps

pambates

Can anyone recommend a good local butcher?
Since the one in the English supermarket closed I've struggled to find one.
Doesn't have to be in Arboleas or Albox, just within a 30 minute drive.
Thanks