Scalibor V Bravecto

Started by Leemd, August 23, 2017, 15:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loskeran

Quote from: loskeran on August 23, 2017, 15:57:58 PM
Quote from: Leemd on August 23, 2017, 15:11:39 PM
Hi

We should be moving over beginning of October with our two labs, just wondered what people used for their dogs, Scalibor collar or Bravecto?

Thank you

Hi We use Scalibor for our three dogs (long coated) and have had no problems using them and as we live "in the sticks" where the ticks/sand flies etc. are I do recommend the Scalibor collars.
Also found a place in Spain where we can get them cheaper via post.
Best regards
Sorry for the delay just spotted, the shop is https://www.thepetshopboys.es/ Use Google translate if you cant read Spanish or send a PM and I will help if at all possible.

Leemd

Surely your money, you spend it on what you want?

Angieh

Because there are different opinions on what we should spend money on ......animals or humans 🙀

Leemd

On the advice of more than one vet I use both. The scalibor for Leish and bravecto for all the other nasties. We live in the hills with lots of goats, and goat dogs , we have never seen a tick, flea or other wee beastie on our dog. Just to be absolutely safe our dog is also immunised every year against Leish. The initial test advises you if your dog is infected, if yes you can treat ( most times ) if no you can immunise ( not 100 % either) but at leat I have done all that is possible to do to protect my pet. I expect some fall out from non pet / animal lovers!

Angie h, why would you expect fall out??

I will be doing as much as I can to protect our two?

Thank you

Lee

Angieh

On the advice of more than one vet I use both. The scalibor for Leish and bravecto for all the other nasties. We live in the hills with lots of goats, and goat dogs , we have never seen a tick, flea or other wee beastie on our dog. Just to be absolutely safe our dog is also immunised every year against Leish. The initial test advises you if your dog is infected, if yes you can treat ( most times ) if no you can immunise ( not 100 % either) but at leat I have done all that is possible to do to protect my pet. I expect some fall out from non pet / animal lovers!

casabonita

shadowguard

as far as i know Bravecto does not offer any protection from sandflies (that can cause Leishmaniasis)

musicdonna

twojaysalmeria

Hi - could you let me know where you source the collars, please?

Thanks

loskeran

Quote from: Leemd on August 23, 2017, 15:11:39 PM
Hi

We should be moving over beginning of October with our two labs, just wondered what people used for their dogs, Scalibor collar or Bravecto?

Thank you

Hi We use Scalibor for our three dogs (long coated) and have had no problems using them and as we live "in the sticks" where the ticks/sand flies etc. are I do recommend the Scalibor collars.
Also found a place in Spain where we can get them cheaper via post.
Best regards

Leemd

Hi

Thank you