Terrorist Incidents and the Press

Started by Hogs, August 18, 2017, 13:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twojaysalmeria

Very true, but it obviously takes time to settle into a new country, learn the language, maybe new skills etc etc. And - as posited in the earlier quote I posted, it's anticipated that by next year 500,000 immigrants will be in employment.

I truly believe that the majority of people just want to get on with their lives, live comfortably, care for their kids, not worry and so on. That would also apply to nearly all of the guys who have escaped hell to start again in another country.

If only there was a way to easily identify the crazies upfront...

...because that's what they are, these &*^%$!!! who commit the insane attacks we have seen - crazies who deserve to be put down.

In so many ways that are wrong, I sometimes find myself feeling nostalgia for the days when the security services weren't hogtied and could actually "persuade" their prisoners to tell all and thus get the entire crew planning atrocities (I'm thinking Deuxieme Bureau and the Algerian crisis in particular here, although it could apply to juat about any country in the 50's to 70's).

Ah well, we live in much more 'enlightened' times, eh?

J

345 Challenger

All very well to have created 50k-60k jobs for Germans, just remember all these jobs have to be paid by the Taxpayer. Unlike the 34k jobs taken by the so called refugees, who hopefully are paying their way, but 34k out of well in excess of 1,000,000 migrants isn't brilliant.

twojaysalmeria

Good question. I went to thelocalde, english paper in Germany and found this statement from an interview with a minister:

The refugee influx has also created between 50,000 and 60,000 jobs for Germans, with extra jobs in professions such as teacher and social worker likely to be needed for years to come, according to Möller.

"If you think back to reunification Germany has already overcome very different challenges to the refugee influx."

So, not all bad news, it seems. Of course, that's not in depth research, just a quick look on the 'net. It is possible there are other stats out there which are more negative but I have coffee and shopping to consider at this time of the day...

Cheers

J

tintin

they have found work but at whose expense, how many natural Germans have lost their jobs, I know in the UK my son has been made redundant from his job of ten years as he was the only English person on the section and only the charge hand could speak a little English, all agency workers
Mike

twojaysalmeria

Two quotes from five minutes' research:

First...
The number of employed refugees in Germany will exceed those out of work within the next two years, according to a new report.
By the end of 2018, some 410,000 refugees will have jobs in Germany, newspaper Bild reports, citing a new study from the Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW) scheduled for publication this Thursday.

And...
A total of 34,000 refugees have found work in Germany over the past 12 months, the figures released on Monday by the government's Institute for Labour Research (IAB) showed

A few more than you suggested, no?

solarsolutionsalmeria

hi
its all media hype bull excrement
yes it happened and yes its a fact of life....
there is only one solution to stop the problem

which is

round everyone up that is muslim and deport them then not let any of them back

this is not a islamaphobe nor racist nor masoganistic point of view
it is the ONLY logical and common sense solution to prevent the problem

the last oficial governmental figures from germany are that out of 1 million "refugees" from "siria" that angela merkel begged her german compratriots to embrace with "open arms" and "christian compassion" only 55 had gained legal employment and integrated themselves into the german community, of which 50 had been employed by the german post office. the rest are effectively on the dole and living in self designated ghettos much like those in belgium where the local muslim community hid the guy resposible for the paris bombings for 3 months. many more have been "welcome" in the whole of europe since those figures were released.

interestingly the only eu countrys that dont face this "jihad" and to this date havent suffered this menace are poland,hungary and chechoslovakia.
interestingly brussels is threstening these very same countrys with internal eu sanctions for not saturating their countries with an ideolegy(wont allow muslims into their countries) that isnt accordant with the christian values of those said countries

about 2 years ago saudi arabia asked the president of denmark to build the first mosque there with a extremely generous amount of money on the table to acheive that aim.
in my view, wisely ,said president replied.....
if you allow us to build a christian church in saudi arabia ,then being of good christian values ourselves, we would have no problem TOLERATING your religion in our country.....saudi arabia declined !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could carry on indefinately but ive probably talked too much sense already............
waiting now for a police visit coz i beleive in freedom of speech,free ideas and a free market place and not living under any intelerant regime ......
if not the cops some loony leftist antifa slash liberal to take me out for talking sense

over to you guys ;)

twojaysalmeria

I see your point. However, that message pops up on just about every article and item that the Guardian publishes online so methinks it's just unfortunate that it was automatically included on the thread to which you refer.

IMO probably just a case of no human oversight leading to an apparent piece of callousness.

J

Hogs

Like many the recent events in Spain fill our minds with its horror !  And a free and open reporting of the attacks is to be admired. 

However is the post below acceptable to be published on Social Media amidst messages of respectful grief and condolence !

So the news rolls in and the circumstance unfolds, but is it really appropriate to use a feed where people are expressing their thoughts and sorrow for this to be posted mid thread ?

22m ago
12:34
Since you're here ... we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Guardian's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.

If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. You can give to the Guardian by becoming a monthly supporter or by making a one-off contribution. - Guardian HQ

Worthy of a disscussion methinks,

My view ? I will probably be banned for life if I expressed my Anglosaxon expletives that were about to erupt on
to the keyboard ! In shorthand, Not Impressed !

Hogsy