El Bistro restaurant, Arboleas

Started by Pinkgolf, August 15, 2017, 15:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkgolf

In response again to JohnJones, I am not one for going out later in the day, unless it is a special occasion and tend to go out at lunchtime, so El Bistro is off my places to go as they now don't open until 5pm.
I did go several times when they first opened, but found their wine was over priced and small measures and thought that paying the same price for chicken and chips as they charged for steak and chips was odd.
I am not comparing it with eating/drinking out in the UK, but am comparing it with similar venues around here.......to this end, found it expensive and not worth the extra costs. It certainly was nothing special to warrant the additional prices.
As some rightly say, vote with your feet.....I, for one, will not be going back......shame really, as its the closest restaurant/bar/venue to where I live !!!!

Poppy100

Yes, it is important that you only write what you have experienced personally. We went and found the prices a little on the high side for what we had. Their are lots of very good restaurants out there and if you want to stay in business you have to provide good quality food at a competitive price. Look around, if you don't like what they have to offer then vote with your feet.

Tetley

Quote from: restoration man on August 17, 2017, 19:53:48 PM
Hey Tetley,  that wasn't really you writing that post was it, grammes and spelling improved greatly. ...😉😉😉

Na it was my Mrs.....but the good news is,she has given up bare knuckle 1980,s council estate fighting LOL
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

restoration man

Hey Tetley,  that wasn't really you writing that post was it, grammes and spelling improved greatly. ...😉😉😉

ghostrider1611

I also agree with Andrea we were there when adelante played what a great night and we had a chicken burger and chips 3.50 reasonable    :103: :103:

Dick

Jo-JoB

I have to agree with Robber, because restaurant food prices are so cheap over here people expect 5 star cuisine for McDonalds prices but you get what you pay for.

You go to the UK and Pay £10 for a fish and chips take out, no one bats an eyelid, here people expect the 3 course Menu del Dia for the same price.

robber

Everything is easily considered as overpriced in this region! If you want quality you have to pay for it and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys as you all will know. Everybody has to make a living and starting a business here is hard, very hard and not in the least by all that negativity.

That's just my humble opinion.

bagwash

" Hatefull Threads " ?????   saying the food is overpriced is purely opinion and hardly Hatefull, afterall isnt peoples opinion what forums are all about

JohnJones

Why do you keep posting such hateful threads?

Monty1

I agree with Andrea when Adelante played there it was a great night but have to say I agree the food is way overpriced.

Pinkgolf

Thanks....I will call in next time I am passing and see for myself.

Tetley

Our son's band Adelante  had a fabulous gig there 9 days ago it was very busy everyone I spoke to who ate there were very surprised how reasonably priced and lovely the food was.
If you want to know anything it would be much better popping into the bar and asking them instead of listening to gossip. It's such a shame that there is so much negativity when people work so hard trying to serve what seems to be the moaning public poking their noses into someone else's business.

Andrea
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

bagwash

Why not go and ask them yourself - beats gossip everytime

Robert

None of the staff have returned to Belgium. Go there and have a meal, then you can see if it is good or too expensive.
They are closed on monday en tuesday. During the summer they open only at 5 pm because there are no customers in the afternoon (everybody is in their pool ☺☺)

robber

The tongue is mightier than the sword. Be careful what you write...

Pinkgolf

Can anyone enlighten me.....have heard rumours (you know what the gossip grapevine is like here), that El Bistro is unlikely to be open for much longer.
I am informed that all of the staff have returned to Belgium and that closure is therefore imminent.
I see that they are no longer open during the day and are only open from 5pm onwards.
I have also heard that people thought their prices were too high for food, compared to other establishments, so lots of prospective, frequent guests have stopped going there.
Anyone got any concrete info please???? Would be a shame to see another establishment closing down again !!!!