Recent news regarding "grooming gangs"

Started by Pinkgolf, August 13, 2017, 17:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynden

Too true nibbler....but let's not be afraid to say so regardless of who the perps are.

nibbler

Can I just add my four pennith. I spent some time in a special unit that dealt with child abuse and serious sexual assaults. Grooming has been going on for years.It was highlighted with the JS cases.
The reason this has become high profile is the fact that these latest gangs have been identified as Asian.
I can assure you that British gangs have been around for years BUT the members of these "gangs" were upper/middle class so, much easier to hide.
This particular gang has hit the head lines because they are Asian. Let us not forget that there are many "groomers" out there that are not. Neither are they Muslim.
Nibbler.

Lynden

Sarah Champion, Rotherham MP forced to resign over article in the Sun where she said that, Britain has a problem with Pakistani men who groom and rape white girls....an accurate and true statement.
Sadly Jeremy Corbyn has excused this truth as being inappropriate and that certain parts of the community should not be blamed.
Ain't he great.

Gooners

Guys sorry if I unintentionally upset anyone, I just stated what I heard in 2008, and the wider implications of the statement of Muslim grooming gangs seems to be getting into the press more and more, and becoming more widespread, that is my opinion. At the time I thought his  statement was just being used to stir up tension. What I'd like to know is, if Tommy knew in 2008 about this dispicable behaviour then why didn't it make mainstream news, a lot of children could have been saved in 8 years it has taken to really surface.

Altair

Quote from: zilnor on August 16, 2017, 19:53:21 PM
I would just like to say that I have total sympathy with those who have suffered child abuse, in any form. From what I understand about this particularly dreadful form  of abuse, it affects the abused person for the rest of their life, in one way or another.

I believe that the phrase "fiddling with kids"  is not meant to be intentionally offensive. It is a well used phrase and easily understood, and in IMO, when it is used it is referring to paedophilia, not other forms of child abuse.
It may not be intentionally offensive , I was simply pointing out that it is to many who have suffered this kind of abuse , and yes we carry it with us forever.
Truth is warped as it passes from the mouth of one to the ear of another

zilnor

I would just like to say that I have total sympathy with those who have suffered child abuse, in any form. From what I understand about this particularly dreadful form  of abuse, it affects the abused person for the rest of their life, in one way or another.

I believe that the phrase "fiddling with kids"  is not meant to be intentionally offensive. It is a well used phrase and easily understood, and in IMO, when it is used it is referring to paedophilia, not other forms of child abuse.

Jo-JoB

Quote from: Altair on August 16, 2017, 13:00:07 PM
Quote from: Jo-JoB on August 16, 2017, 11:46:35 AM
Quote from: Altair on August 15, 2017, 12:36:31 PM
Quote from: Jo-JoB on August 15, 2017, 11:14:40 AM
Quote from: Altair on August 15, 2017, 08:19:54 AM
Quote from: Gooners on August 14, 2017, 20:29:11 PM
I remember attending a rally in Luton around 2008 and Tommy Robinson aka Steven yateley, addressed the crowd warning of this dispicable behaviour, I even googled grooming, I had no idea this sort of ****  was even remotely possible, but hey this guy is just a racist and a bigot, it's coming out the woodwork weekly now guys, coming to a town in the UK near you soon!

Someone imprisoned multiple times for a variety of crimes, which range from assaulting an off duty police officer, football hooliganism to mortgage fraud.
The leader /member of numerous extremist organisations.
What would you call him if not a racist bigot?
Hardly someone with balanced views.

And you think all Muslims have balanced views too?
I'm a little tired of this throw away comments of Racism or Bigotry. Most people don't know what a bigot is anyway.
If I am pointing out crime and wrong doing, and that makes makes me a racist or a bigot, well I guess I will live with that.
But be absolutely assured, If I see a white Christian doing wrong, I will point that out too.
Your religious or cultural beliefs does not mean you can commit crime or make you immune from prosecution.
If you want to fiddle with kids, I don't care what your religion is, I don't care if your skin is black white or tartan, I will do anything I can to put you behind bars!!
A crime is a crime, So is that racist and bigoted? Or is that being a good citizen?

I'm really not sure where that idea even came from?
I never even suggested that, the point is that cherry picking comments from any extremist is not a good way of making an open viable discussion.
You may be tired of the use of throw away comments , but the truth is this man is in fact a real racist and also a bigot.
If this was the same rally that i attended he labelled Islam a disease and the prophet a paedophile.
His warning was simply part of a tirade against Muslims and not some enlightened view on the issues of child grooming.

First, can we clear up a point, Islam is not a race! It's a religion! So the comments are not racist, they are Islamophobic.

A bigot is someone who is intolerant of someone else's opinion. So the vast majority of people are bigoted in some way! 

You just wrote to cherry pick comments is not a good way to present a viable argument.

Then you cherry picked comments he made at a rally!! ''If this was the same rally that i attended he labelled Islam a disease and the prophet a paedophile.''

I personally am quite happy to name ANY radicalised religion, Islam, Christianity, or any other religion which preaches hate, promotes terrorism, and grooms children, as a disease.

And as Mohammed married an eight year old, then in this day and age he would be a paedophile. However, the Judaic and Christian, Old Testament tells of underage marriage too.

If you read Genesis 24, Isaac was thirty seven years old, and took a wife called Rebecca, when she was three years old.

In ancient texts, a girl was classed as able to marry as soon as she entered puberty. Fortunately, we are now modern, intelligent, scientific and sophisticated. We no longer follow such insane stone age beliefs (do we?).

Mr Robinson might be a racist, Islamophobic and a bigoted, but that doesn't make what he says wrong, he is just using a highly emotive subject to bolster his agenda, but doesn't every politician, religious leader and public orator do that?

We seem to be at odds here for no reason, not sure why?, I was simply stating that this man is not the kind of person you would use to cement an argument, especially as his remarks were are not directly related to this incident.
We are all aware of the issue of  grooming within the Muslim community, however to concentrate simply on this is missing the larger picture.
As an aside I also feel that using the terms 'fiddling with kids' is quite offensive and i suspect used only by those who have not been affected by child abuse.Being sexually abused by an adult at a young age is something that I would not wish on anyone, but the use such throw away terms does not sit well.

We are at odds here because, You are voicing your personal distaste for an individual as a viable reason to dismiss his opinion of a very erroneous subject. As I previously stated it doesn't matter what nationality, religion, skin colour or political pursuance he is, if he is pointing out wrong doing. He is absolutely right to do so!

Your comment ''however to concentrate simply on this is missing the larger picture''. Please correct me if I am wrong but this is the subject matter of the thread, it's called Recent news regarding ''grooming gangs''

Your other comment ''As an aside I also feel that using the terms 'fiddling with kids' is quite offensive and i suspect used only by those who have not been affected by child abuse''

Well Altair I find that comment extremely offensive You have no idea who I am, my life or background. So I would be very interested to know, why you assume you know what I have personally been affected by, you obviously know me very well as you state, I have no personal understanding of Paedophilia. May I suggest you should consider why I find the subject so offensive and hold such a passionate opinion on the matter.

I have absolutely no wish to discuss this with you further, anyone who considers being politically correct is more important than highlighting the dangers to vulnerable children from gangs of rapist. Is not someone I wish to discuss such an emotive subject with.

Good manners and forum rules preclude me from telling you what I actually think.

Altair

Quote from: Jo-JoB on August 16, 2017, 11:46:35 AM
I remember attending a rally in Luton around 2008 and Tommy Robinson aka Steven yateley, addressed the crowd warning of this dispicable behaviour, I even googled grooming, I had no idea this sort of ****  was even remotely possible, but hey this guy is just a racist and a bigot, it's coming out the woodwork weekly now guys, coming to a town in the UK near you soon!

Someone imprisoned multiple times for a variety of crimes, which range from assaulting an off duty police officer, football hooliganism to mortgage fraud.

I'm a little tired of this throw away comments of Racism or Bigotry. Most people don't know what a bigot is anyway.
If I am pointing out crime and wrong doing, and that makes makes me a racist or a bigot, well I guess I will live with that.
But be absolutely assured, If I see a white Christian doing wrong, I will point that out too.
Your religious or cultural beliefs does not mean you can commit crime or make you immune from prosecution.
If you want to fiddle with kids, I don't care what your religion is, I don't care if your skin is black white or tartan, I will do anything I can to put you behind bars!!
A crime is a crime, So is that racist and bigoted? Or is that being a good citizen?

I never even suggested that, the point is that cherry picking comments from any extremist is not a good way of making an open viable discussion.
You may be tired of the use of throw away comments , but the truth is this man is in fact a real racist and also a bigot.
If this was the same rally that i attended he labelled Islam a disease and the prophet a paedophile.
His warning was simply part of a tirade against Muslims and not some enlightened view on the issues of child grooming.

First, can we clear up a point, Islam is not a race! It's a religion! So the comments are not racist, they are Islamophobic.

A bigot is someone who is intolerant of someone else's opinion. So the vast majority of people are bigoted in some way! 

You just wrote to cherry pick comments is not a good way to present a viable argument.

Then you cherry picked comments he made at a rally!! ''If this was the same rally that i attended he labelled Islam a disease and the prophet a paedophile.''

I personally am quite happy to name ANY radicalised religion, Islam, Christianity, or any other religion which preaches hate, promotes terrorism, and grooms children, as a disease.

And as Mohammed married an eight year old, then in this day and age he would be a paedophile. However, the Judaic and Christian, Old Testament tells of underage marriage too.

If you read Genesis 24, Isaac was thirty seven years old, and took a wife called Rebecca, when she was three years old.

In ancient texts, a girl was classed as able to marry as soon as she entered puberty. Fortunately, we are now modern, intelligent, scientific and sophisticated. We no longer follow such insane stone age beliefs (do we?).

Mr Robinson might be a racist, Islamophobic and a bigoted, but that doesn't make what he says wrong, he is just using a highly emotive subject to bolster his agenda, but doesn't every politician, religious leader and public orator do that?

We seem to be at odds here for no reason, not sure why?, I was simply stating that this man is not the kind of person you would use to cement an argument, especially as his remarks were are not directly related to this incident.
We are all aware of the issue of  grooming within the Muslim community, however to concentrate simply on this is missing the larger picture.
As an aside I also feel that using the terms 'fiddling with kids' is quite offensive and i suspect used only by those who have not been affected by child abuse.Being sexually abused by an adult at a young age is something that I would not wish on anyone, but the use such throw away terms does not sit well.

zilnor

JoJo

I'm agreeing with you, again.  :72:

It seems that some people refuse to accept that Muslim grooming gangs are a problem in the UK.
Saying this does not make you a racist.

This is just one example that " multiculturalism" does not always work. Some Muslim men believe it is ok to have sex with underage girls. They have retained a medieval mindset, or as JJ says a "Stone Age" view on sexual relations.

Jo-JoB

Gooners

Altar correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the prophet, marry an eight year old child. Tbh I am extremely worried at how extremist Islam is becoming worldwide, and also how these grooming gangs are increasing in UK.

byrney

"enlightened view on the issues of child grooming".  Surely, there is no sane person that can defend child grooming by offering an "enlightened" view?

These people are scum and need eradicating from Society.

Altair

zilnor

Jo-JoB

zilnor

Altair,

So are you saying that because someone is a racist and a bigot, everything they say and do is wrong ?

Going by your post, Hitler was an animal lover, so he must have had some good in him, however small.

Not picking and choosing from what extremists say, merely saying that they may occasionally speak some truth.

Or do you think that the the danger of ethnic minority grooming gangs has been greatly exaggerated ?

Altair

You cannot simply pick and choose what you want to hear from extremists,
Hitler was an avid animal lover and instrumental in passing environmental laws, but it is not a point you would make in a discussion.

zilnor

He probably is a racist and a bigot but that does not make him wrong on ethnic minority grooming gangs.

Altair

Gooners

nibbler

The problem is that if the Police go in half cocked then there's always some smart arsed lawyer prepared to get their hands dirty and defend them, so it's nearly always a belt and braces job.
Nibbler.

Pinkgolf

:a102:
Did I hear correctly on the news on TV the other evening.....the police cannot act sooner when they suspect a group/gang of people have formed a "grooming sect" targeting women and young girls for fear of being called racist !!!!!
Does this not say what colour/creed/ethnicity etc the people are that are in these organised gangs are anyway ???????
Just curious.