Now sorted. Thanks for help

Started by Zulu, August 03, 2017, 12:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

I think the best plan is a couple of correct for year pipes,even if you stick a couple of dented ones on from a pranger off e bay,then once you have your papers put your pipes back on  the bike.

i run a gpx 600r,with a race pipe,it has a baffle that i made for the ITV ,but i picked up a standard zzr 600 silencer,for 99p of e bay,so i chuck that on for the test,then fit the race pipe,but leave the baffle in,so its not to loud.

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Zulu

Thanks for that.  On frame it states 86 decibels and at ITV station it was reading 103, so failed on that.  But also the current silencer does not have any markings apart from manufacturer's name.  I assume there should be either a UK,  European or Harley Davidson number stamped into the chrome.

Thanks

Angleseyite

Quote from: Zulu on August 03, 2017, 18:11:18 PM
Have got screamin eagle on at moment.  They were looking for number on them but could not find one.  Not sure what I need to put on,  need to find out but definitely need to change pipes.

Thanks for that, appreciate you taking time to answer.

I had the same problem with my Harley, but fortunately I had the originals, swopped them over and returned next day, got a shiny new ITV. This was at Albox, he explained the problem to me and was very accommodating on my return, and from what I understood, so long as the Dba's are to the manufacturers spec its ok. Mine has the info on the frame down tube. No further charge for the retest. Just did the exhaust noise level again.  :08:

Zulu

Have got screamin eagle on at moment.  They were looking for number on them but could not find one.  Not sure what I need to put on,  need to find out but definitely need to change pipes.

Thanks for that, appreciate you taking time to answer.

Tetley

you can either get a couple from e bay uk,or baffle the ones you have providing the ITV  station arnt working on correct speq for bike pipe numbers.

i have a triumph tt600 with a race pipe on it ,i have made a baffle that just bolts inside the pipe to bring the db,s down for the ITV.

I Think tho they will want correct speq for year pipes for the import ITV.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Zulu

I am trying to matriculate my Harley Davidson 2005 Road King but went to Lorca yesterday to start process and had ITV done.  Failed on 1 thing and that was because bike has not got original silencer (muffler) although what I have on bike was what was on it when I bought it 11 years ago, bike was too noisy.  Need to know where I can buy Harley Davidson parts.  Looked on internet but would rather go to shop and make sure I was buying correct parts.

Thanks