Skip hire

Started by Starburst1, August 02, 2017, 19:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest21828

Quote from: Starburst1 on August 04, 2017, 11:36:18 AM
Might need something different then. I have 2 blue hamacas, roof tiles, floor or wall tiles a wheelbarrow without a wheel, a hand made work bench,and a big mosquito curtain with the bottom full of sand, although I could chop up the curtain and put it in a bin the rest are too big or dirty to go in my car

All of these items you have can be deposited in the Arboleas recycling centre for free. As you have said, some of the items are too big or dirty to go in your car, I accept that as a fair comment. If you can't arrange another form of transportation to get them to the centre, message me and I will provide you with the details of a man and van who can transport the items to the recycling centre for a few Euros. Thank you.

Starburst1

Might need something different then. I have 2 blue hamacas, roof tiles, floor or wall tiles a wheelbarrow without a wheel, a hand made work bench,and a big mosquito curtain with the bottom full of sand, although I could chop up the curtain and put it in a bin the rest are too big or dirty to go in my car

Dave and Sue

Correct
You are only supposed to deposit one Type of waste at a time in the skip
ie "Garden Waste" or "Builders Waste (Rubble), timber etc, etc
The skip hire company should make you aware of this when you hire, as "They"  have different costs
for disposal If you mix the skip they may charge extra for sorting
We are aware of this so dont mix waste in a skip. Normally we only dispose of garden waste due to the nature of our business,
the prices i quoted were for this purpose

All reputable  skip hire companies "should" explain this

Regards dave
Still living the dream after 20 years

Cuidarbol

There are two skips that are normally available, there is the low sided skip and the taller skip.

I am not going to say what the difference is in the two skips and what they should be used for because it will make this thread never ending with comments.
It's best you ask the questions yourself when hiring a skip, fill it with what it should only be used for and obtain a receipt from the skip company to say where it was emptied. 

Dave and Sue

We use skips regularly but not around Albox we pay €50 for a low level size
and €70 for a traditional "Builders Skip"   This Should give you an idea of cost!!
and never a limit on the time between drop off and collection
Remember to ask for a skip with a door if you need to start filling with a wheelbarrow!!

Regards Dave
Still living the dream after 20 years

Cuidarbol

I would always recommend and do business with Vicente Ramos at Muebles Rodriguez.
Call into the shop (opposite the bowling alley) and speak with Ana or phone her on 678680933.
All I will say is, find out their price for a skip and make your choice.

Essex Girl

Angle Ollier, opposite Lidl. A friend had one recently, delivered in the morning, collected in the afternoon.  Not sure how much, €70 comes to mind.
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Starburst1

Anyone know how to get a skip in Albox and approx cost?

Cheers