Lost Cockerel Part 3

Started by expatpat, July 21, 2017, 19:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

expatpat

Maybe not , having had him in the garden for a week and seen his antics we will not be surprised to see him again. After all within a couple of days he had us fully trained providing two meals a day and he was top of the pecking order. I realised this when I had a piece of toast for my breakfast and the cockerel had a butter croissant.

Although I'm now retired I still write novels (mostly humour) and at the moment I'm working on a book Ex Pat Cat based on moving to live in Spain from our cat's viewpoint . The cockerel has to have at least a chapter.

twojaysalmeria

In a way I am really disappointed since I have totally enjoyed the 'cockerel' posts and was looking forward to more.

And now it's over..... :03:

J

expatpat

Final Episode Gone Home,

Yesterday we found the owner of the cockerel and after half an hour of us and the owner chasing the cockerel around the garden with olive nets and a pool net without any success, ( boy can he run) cockerel made a mistake, it decided it could walk on water and attempted to run across the pool. As the cockerel  sank like a stone the owner managed to get the pool net around him and his week of holidaying in what has turned into a 5 star cockerel resort with dedicated roost area, twice a day filled water dish and two meals a day was over. 

This morning he could be heard crowing back with the flock just up the road. Be interesting to see if he escapes again and returns again.

nibbler

Absolutely Hogs, I've seen both sides of the landsharks as well.
Nibbler :bravo_2:

nibbler

I read all the time about strange friendships between animals that are natural enemies. The best one I saw was a lioness protecting a new born gazelle from other lions until it's mother arrived then the lion just wandered off, Nature is a most wonderful thing.
Nibbler :72:

expatpat

Lost Cockerel Part 3

Thank you to everyone who answered my previous posting.

We are feeding the little guy scraps and bread at the moment. We have provided him with a food dish and a water dish under his roosting spot which he appears to appreciate.

This evening we fed him so bread and some scraps and were amazed to see our cat wander over to the cockerel who was eating to investigate what was on offer. With bated breath we watched the cockerel step back a few inches as our cat investigated the food, taking a couple of pieces of bread to try. The cockerel then moved forward and took a piece of bread out of the dish which was still full of the cat's head and proceeds to eat it just a few inches away from the cat.

I get ready to grab the cat as normally she would never allow this. Normally she would produce a deep growl, yes she growls like a dog, before going into kill mode. Today she decides bread isn't for her watches the cockerel enjoy a second piece before she quietly walks away to lie a couple of  feet away from the cockerel who finishes his dinner.

We are aware that we could be interfering with a budding friendship by our gut feeling is that we are pushing the boundaries and unless our cat has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a robot , its only a matter of time before she reverts to type.

We have made some enquires locally to find the owner without success, so if anyone knows where he could have come from, we are in Requenas or if you know anyone who could look after him or a charity who could take him please let us know

Thank you.