Citrus Homes Thief

Started by Caroline May, July 21, 2017, 12:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbb

I need to find somewhere else to live first then I will be taking this further

Trucker

Bbb, please let us know how you get on...I have been trying for years to get someone to stand up to him and denounce him...he owes my friend deposits too but afraid at his age he does not want the hassle...good luck with your quest..as you see there are many out there who can vouch for his disgusting behavior and antics..

footy

He has been getting away with all for years now and until he is denounced, it will continue!  I have lost bonds renting out to him so insisted on holding the bond myself the last time, over 3 years ago now and would not under any circumstances let me house out again with him   He tried to withhold utility bills that the tenants had paid him and I had to threaten him with legal action before it was repaid.  On my return to the property, doors had been smashed off their hinges in the tenants anger at him and yet had had supposed to have booked them out and all was "fine" with the house!  The tenants had booked the property on line being assured it was only a few minutes from the local village which it is if you have a car - they didn't!

Never again.

jb

Hi ,this person should be locked up he never paid my deposit back a few years ago now and also sold me an illegal property in with a dodge lawyer who both swore it was totally legal cost me thousands to sort out ,also rented a villa to a friend and done the same to him with the deposit only to get a visit from the owner after he had left to be told the rent hadn't been paid for 2years lucky he still had the receipts for all monthly payments ,can't believe this man is still walking .and this is why he moved out of the area as so many people are after his blood .

keith728

We rented through him about two and a half years ago. What a crook. We did manage to get our deposit back and left the property in a far better condition than we found it. Paid 2 months rent, slept in it for 10 nights, what a pig pen, felt really sorry for the owners who had obviously not seen the property in years. He lied to us about the previous long term tenants. Actually, the lady next door said that there had been several tenants during the last year, backed up by 5 different people's mail in the mail box.
Avoid this man at all costs.

felipe

I would not pay any more rent. Make sure that you have receipts for all the money you have paid out for repairs. Find out who actually owns the house and try and contact them. If he refuses to make up the balance he owes you then take out a denuncia against him.

Trucker

The offending man has travelled from his home in Marbella and was in the area on Wednesday collecting rent monies...so no excuse as to why the deposit has not been returned....be very interesting to see if it had...

Bbb

Did you ever get deposit back

PhillipJLloyd

Not sure how long you have rented through him but nobody on here has ever said a good word about him for many years, however does he keep going in the area, don't people listen to the locals ??

felipe

I would ask him for it now, this week. He has had long enough surely. It is outrageous that he still holds your deposit.

Caroline May

Thank you to everyone who has given advice. I posted on the general notice board as well, and received some helpful responses. Acting on it, we've been in touch with the CAB and, on advice from them, we've threatened Peter with AVRA, which is, apparently, the place he should have placed our deposit. This threat has elicited a response - the first in four months, apologising and promising to refund the money within the month. We haven't got the money yet! But at least we've got something back from him. Our next step, if he goes back on this, is a denuncia with the Guardia. The only problem is that we're in England. But we're back in Spain in October. The next problem would be our Spanish! But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Thank you again and we may be back, asking for help with the denuncia, but let's hope not.

Tetley

The first question is.............did you sign a contract that ha been legaly translated & stamped up  ie spanish legal rental contract translated to english ?

the stamping must be done by a royal collage translator,not a chap at no6 whom has a cse...in spanish

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Queen Clare Shirley

lessons that I have learnt whilst renting here

the security deposit is not returned until all bills are been received and discounted from the deposit this is obviously to stop the rentees legging it and leaving a massive leccy bill or water or both. However once they have been settled the remainder should be passed to the rentee and not kept by the agent or Landlord however many of them finagle the accounts so they don´t have to pay.

Handovers

- to avoid the " it was such a mess I had to get cleaners in" Take pictures and do the handover with the landlord or agent in person in the house so he can tell you then and there "I have to get cleaners in"

Inventories

Take the inventory if not done and if you are using their stuff record any damages or box it away its easier

Any repairs that need doing take a picture and then ask for it to be repaired if not then do it yourself or get someone in if its an emergency and then bill them with the factura and costs.

Take pictures when you enter the property and when you leave if possible with a date stamp.

However in this case, if you can't get hold of the agent and he has the deposit I would go with the rental contract and place a denuncia at the Police station showing the calls and unanswered emails
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Optomist

Quote from: telcaz on July 28, 2017, 00:06:36 AM
Is there no a small claims Court here in Spain?.
                                                          Terry

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/organismos/empleoempresaycomercio/areas.html

http://www.mediate.com/articles/PerezR1.cfm

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_mediation_in_member_states-64-es-maximizeMS-en.do?member=1

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/2-523-1645?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1

Before anyone decides to pick apart this post looking for something to  undermine , discredit or belittle then dont waste your time unless you have used the service yourself and can contribute something that you know to be factual from personal experience . I can only comment on Employment Issues where the service is mandatory prior to using the courts , its efficient although can be slow . The service covers several areas om common disputes and was set up specifically to reduce the workload or the courts however i have no experience of the others but the necessary information should be available through a google search. The agency's are regional and there is one in Andlucia , the links are provided only as a starting point in answer to Terrys question .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

felipe

The first port of call would be the Guardia and a denuncia on them.

telcaz

Is there no a small claims Court here in Spain?.
                                                           Terry

Trucker

I would have thought there would be some helpful comments on here regarding how this person can be helped to get their deposit back...there must be something they can do to get money back and stop this evil individual stealing honest folks deposits...

Caroline May

Can anyone help me! We rented a property from Citrus Homes and the owner, Peter, has not refunded our deposit - he ignores our emails. We left the house in perfect condition - he's not withholding the deposit to pay for damage - he's just stolen it! If anyone knows anything about him, or how we could get our money back - I'd be very, very grateful (he owes us €450)