Lost Cockerel Part Two,

Started by expatpat, July 20, 2017, 16:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

"Gallina" food is actually specifically prepared for egg laying hens and has extra calcium in it.  I'm sure it won´t do a cockerel (gallo) any harm (we did have one that disguised himself as a hen) but it is worth checking if "pollo! food mix or another mix will be better for him.  You can off course give him all sorts of scraps left over veg etc. but no onion or raw potato.  Our chickens are particularly fond of old bread.

Jimel

My farmer son in law says he will enjoy mixed corn.

nibbler

Fantastic story.
Nibbler :bravo_2:

expatpat

Lost Cockerel Part Two,

It appears to be official we have now been adopted by a young cockerel.

Its now four days since he arrived in our garden and in this time he has picked a branch in one of the olive trees as his preferred roosting spot, He had checked all the plant pots for insects and other goodies, spilling a fair amount of compost in the process. He has discovered our cat's water bowl which he now  believes is for sharing and amazingly he appears to have hypnotise our cat into believing he isn't here.

Our seven year old Maine Coon who has a complete unblemished record of seven years of being a proficient hunter and bird killer in the UK sits and watches him as he struts around the garden. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.

The reason for the post is I have a couple of questions, has anyone ever experience this type of thing before? Is the cat hypnotise or is she playing the long game?  If she's hypnotise I can stop spending hours watching them in case she decides to revert to her past temperament.

As it appears one of our olive trees is now the subject of a long let should I register this in the town hall and do I need to install AC in keeping with the new regulations?

What do we feed this new family member and does anyone know where the snooze button is on a cockerel as 6-30 is a bit early even for me and I'm an early riser.

Seriously if anyone is missing him or has a place for him and knows how to catch him without hurting him let us know.