Dogs causing a nuisance and concern for their welfare.

Started by jayndee, July 19, 2017, 19:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saskia

I still wonder if anyone has put a scanner on these dogs to see if they are microchipped.  Years ago I removed a dog continually hit by its owner, you only had to slightly raise your voice & she cowed, sores on her back which healed with treatment, microchipped but not registered so no proof of ownership, the registered microchip proves owner ship, I  am not prepared to give details but I registered this dog & took her to the UK to a new home, I was threatened with the guardia but fortunately the owner did not know where I lived so it can be done & at the end of the day it would have been my word against theirs.  I also know some one else who did this & took the dog into their home in Spain.  I am certainly not suggesting anyone else should do this but my mind set is you lose the right to ownership if you treat any animal badly but if you are talking about the dogs on top of the hill in Los Carrascos they would probably get another, years ago their was an old aggressive German Shepherd the dog of the parents who died who owned the house & it was replaced when it died.  Seprona did come out & insist this German Shepherd was given shelter form the heat.  I am not in Spain at the moment but France, but rather than writing to the mayor etc why not denounce them!

Also i would like to say I have always found Roger & Danny very helpful, Danny ringing Galas for me when I had a problem.

owdoggy

Hallelujah!
Well said Angieh, felipe and twojaysalmeria! :clap:

oh, and while we're on the subject of whinging British immigrants there's a small point of order that I would like to clear up:
A "Knob" is something you open & close a door with whereas a "Nob" is a complete & utter dick.

There, that's that sorted :))

Doggy

twojaysalmeria

We have also only ever found everyone at the TH to be helpful, considerate and professional. I really don't understand the small number of people who repeatedly attack others - especially Roger - without having anything to suggest as a "solution" to their supposed 'problems'....

...except comments like "get off their backsides" of course.

As has been said earlier in this thread, it's much too easy to insult, condemn or abuse others from behind a keyboard. I also find it rather cowardly.

J

felipe

I think it outrageous that someone can post such vitriolic rambling about Roger and Danny. The work these guys do for the WHOLE community is endless. They should be thanked and not ridiculed. I often wonder if some of out comes from those that lost at the last election.

Angieh

I must live somewhere else to the constant moaners, rude, unappreciative people of Arboleas. I live in one of the barridas of the town and when I go to the town hall with a GENUINE issue/ / problem I have ALWAYS been dealt with in a professional and courtesy way. Maybe if you turn up in a strop you will be dealt with in the same manner. I can only speak in the highest regard for Roger, Danny and the support staff of our town hall. We all need to build on the positives........

I feel better now👍

Hosm

Well said Roger it's easy to have
a go behind the safety of the forum
I don't know what people expect
and as you say if people are not happy
stand yourself at the next election

zilnor

I don't always agree with Roger or his politics, but he has put in a great deal of time to help solve problems in Arboleas.
It is rather unfair of forum members to "have a go" at him.

As he has suggested, if you're not happy with the town hall and the councillors, put yourself forward as a councillor.

Dario

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on August 04, 2017, 18:18:29 PM
I do not work for the Town Hall.
I am an elected Councillor and get an attendance allowance for attending specific meetings twice a month, including the time to check the pile of documents I have to approve.
Any other time I devote to helping residents is in my own time, unpaid.
When I visit areas of Arboleas to check on problems I do so in my own time, unpaid, at my own expense including paying for my own petrol.
When I phone someone I do so on my own personal phone at my own expense.

In addition to attending in the Town Hall for specific meetings I am regularly in the Town Hall, meeting residents with problems, sometimes but not always by appointment, meeting council officials to discuss issues, checking many council documents to keep me up to date with issues, and spending many hours each week meeting with the Mayor to discuss council projects and finance.
I also have regular meetings with builders and lawyers, work you do not see because obviously they take place upstairs in private. I even take people to see lawyers in Albox to help them with their problems.
I spend many hours trying to solve the problems which people have with their homes at risk because of mortgages and embargos because I consider this to be my prime responsibility.

All this is in my own time, unpaid.

All the hours I spend every day answering e mails and publishing information and reading reports, is in my own time, unpaid.
I even pay the Town Hall for my internet connection even though it is used almost exclusively for Town Hall business.
I even pay for my own printer and ink to print off council documents.

As for introducing ourselves, our names are on the door outside the office.
My name is on my desk.

If you are not happy with what we do, unpaid, for the people of Arboleas, you are welcome to stand for election.
It is really well paid, and it takes over your whole life.
I get 4000 euros a year nett.
Given all the hours I put in I work it out at 2 euros an hour, less my petrol, telephone etc etc.

And you can guarantee that you get personal abuse.

Dont take any notice Roger anybody that knows you knowes you have done your best,lets be honest in 20 months time there will be no Brit councillors to debate with,it will be back to local councillors and paying translators,assuming Brits have a right to even Live 24/7 in Arboleas,from April 2019 onwards...........
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

I do not work for the Town Hall.
I am an elected Councillor and get an attendance allowance for attending specific meetings twice a month, including the time to check the pile of documents I have to approve.
Any other time I devote to helping residents is in my own time, unpaid.
When I visit areas of Arboleas to check on problems I do so in my own time, unpaid, at my own expense including paying for my own petrol.
When I phone someone I do so on my own personal phone at my own expense.

In addition to attending in the Town Hall for specific meetings I am regularly in the Town Hall, meeting residents with problems, sometimes but not always by appointment, meeting council officials to discuss issues, checking many council documents to keep me up to date with issues, and spending many hours each week meeting with the Mayor to discuss council projects and finance.
I also have regular meetings with builders and lawyers, work you do not see because obviously they take place upstairs in private. I even take people to see lawyers in Albox to help them with their problems.
I spend many hours trying to solve the problems which people have with their homes at risk because of mortgages and embargos because I consider this to be my prime responsibility.

All this is in my own time, unpaid.

All the hours I spend every day answering e mails and publishing information and reading reports, is in my own time, unpaid.
I even pay the Town Hall for my internet connection even though it is used almost exclusively for Town Hall business.
I even pay for my own printer and ink to print off council documents.

As for introducing ourselves, our names are on the door outside the office.
My name is on my desk.

If you are not happy with what we do, unpaid, for the people of Arboleas, you are welcome to stand for election.
It is really well paid, and it takes over your whole life.
I get 4000 euros a year nett.
Given all the hours I put in I work it out at 2 euros an hour, less my petrol, telephone etc etc.

And you can guarantee that you get personal abuse.

SKB

samantha

The lazybones at the Town Hall should get off their backsides and make their presence and purpose in office more obvious and available.  When we first moved here we were told "go to see Roger or Danny at Town Hall if you need any help".  We did and on occasions they have helped but they NEVER introduced themselves by name of stated their job title or purpose. The have NEVER phoned us back when they promised to do so when we have queried something and they ALWAYS made us feel like we were disturbing their very busy work (whilst never explaining what it is they actually do for their money/position). Just like the Councillors and Council Officials in the UK really.  Anyone visiting them at their 'office' within the Town Hall has to work out for themselves whether they are in their office or not as they NEVER even periodically pop their heads outside the door to see if folks are waiting to see them, much less enquire if they can help. We have had far more help from the Spanish people in Town Hall who will try to help and explain things, even when they don't speak English. They should buck their ideas up big style if they hope to continue in office.

Lynden

Be careful. If you release those animals the police will happily prosecute you for theft. It has happened before here when Brits thinking they were rescuing animals got into trouble.
By all means give them water and try to talk to the owner.

jayndee

Seprona have had three report about these dogs.!!!  The brown dog is back in the cage/run after a night out.
Still barking well.

samantha

What or who is Seprona and what does denouncement mean?

jayndee

Good News or Bad News. Tonight two men in a green jeep type vehicle came up and took the Brown dog from the cage/pen away. Hopefully for a ride and exercise. Will have to wait and see if they bring it back.!!!!!!!!
One remains tied up.!!! Still no news from the Guardia or the Mayor.

nibbler

If you've had no reply from Seprona, report it to the Guardia personally you may get somewhere then.
Nibbler.

jayndee

It is rewarding to see a number of Residents are concerned about the two dogs. However I think some are not reading my original post correctly.  The MAYOR has had two letters which he has not replied too and has done nothing about the situation. He could easily identify the owner through the Town Hall records..((The Local Police have visited (Appears no action.)  Seprona have had two emails. No action to date.  Thank you for your concern.

Saskia

You could get an animal organisation to see if they are microchipped & then if they are get details of the owners & denounce them.  If they are not microchipped then there is no proof of ownership & maybe the dogs could be removed.  In the past I have known seprona come out to dogs in the sun with no shelter.  At the end of the day these dogs are suffering which is so sad.

Starburst1

I dpn't think the charity can help except for advising you of who to contact as the dog belong to someone. There is no RSPCA here.Best bet go to Guardia Civil  sn mayor in person
or get the no of Seprona and report it.

samantha

Have you been in to report it to Roger or Danny at the Town Hall? I am sure they could exert some influence on the Mayor and Police to do something about this  It shouldn't be left to the charities or volunteers to sort this disgraceful situation out.

SKB

In last weeks EWN there was an article on page 16 entitled 'Dazed and Confused' and the Guardia Civil said, I quote ¨This summer, the Guardia Civil is running a special campaign urging the public to look out for animal abuse and report it to the authorities should they see any examples of neglect or violence¨.  If I were you, I would get on to the Guardia Civil quoting this article and insist they do something to help those poor dogs and in turn you and your neighbours.  Good luck

Mickey

It's a shame that the Mayor and Seprona have not replied to you, obviously there's nothing in it for them.  Hope one of the local charities can help with the dogs suffering and of course the neighbours.
Mickey

Starburst1

Can you phone Seprona.. try 11887. Phone APSA and ask for advice. Maybe got to Guardia Civil in person and ask there. Only suggestions

mickandjan

:cry:  :41: what a nightmare for the dogs and you and your neighbours. 

jayndee

At the end of Calle Piche, Los Carrascos there are two dogs held captive on the side of a bank.One is in a pen/cage the other tied up. Both stand/ sit in their own excrement. They are not guarding anything. They are rarely fed and watered. From time to time residents give them food. They have no exercise and are out in the Spanish sun 24/7 (100 degrees +)
From time to time they bark continually creating a nuisance to residents in Los Carrascos and Los Garcias.
On 23rd May this year I wrote to our Mayor Senor Christobal Garcia GRANADOS, in English and Spanish, outlining the condition and welfare of the dogs and being a nuisance in a residential area.
I also asked the Mayor to check if the owner of the dogs owned the land they were on, the nearby cottage/house where a large casita has been built alongside the road on top of the bank. If he did, then did all the land and property conform to the rules and regulations regarding IBI and Catastral Registrations. I know that a Police Officer visited the site. I RECEIVED NO REPLY FROM THE MAYOR. On 12 the June, I sent a second letter to him with copies of my first letter. Still NO REPLY FROM THE MAYOR. Is he a professional person or not.?  The dogs welfare is of great concern to many residents. Hay-Ho we live in Spain. On 23rd June I sent an email to seprona@guardiacivil.org to date no response from them!!!!!!!!