Insurance Claims

Started by Angel, July 17, 2017, 13:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

It sounds like a bit of a dodge to give you consorcio cover in the event of a flood like in 2012.  We had "garden cover" at the time which included drives, gates etc  for flood only so the consorcio paid us out in full for our drive, gates and damaged banks etc.

Angel

The insurance company I'm with does say swimming pools are covered under the garden area section, which I have paid extra for, when I put a claim in they said they only cover "complete damage"??? Doesn't say anything like that in the handbook.
Apparently it is because you can claim from the Consortium but they only cover damage by natural phenomena!
So in that case the so called insurance company do not cover swimming pools at all, so how can they be allowed to say they do in their handbook??? :91:

Elgin

Every insurance policy I have had in Spain has specifically excluded pools.

ginger

Even if you have the pool covered then be aware that they may cover the repair to the pool but this is unlikely to cover any any ancillary work such as lifting  a tiled surround and relaying. And they are no different to UK insurers in that they like to push the maintenance clause and get out of it by stating that the pool was not adequately maintained. So can only suggest you check your policy and pay particular attention to all the small print. If you have a local broker he may be able to help.

sallyb

Pools are not normally covered unless you request it as an extra
Phyll

Angel

Has anyone had their claim accepted by their insurance company for swimming pool damage and/ or pool leaks.
😼