Water Off again in Limaria

Started by Grumpy Limarian, July 17, 2017, 12:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtis

Surely there must be a top dog who can be approached,can't the town hall interfere ? why not write to the papers (El Pais,etc) try and show these monkeys up ! Don't suppose it is allowed here to stand outside their office with a placard ?

Cielos

Quote from: Pennydot on July 23, 2017, 18:39:17 PM
Quote from: Rtis on July 22, 2017, 17:37:35 PM
If one moves out here, one has to go with the Flow ! Do the Spanish people complain ? Get a deposito (many) above ground plastic tanks,have a ball valve in the first, one all interconnected, buy a pump,and no more worries !!

Trust me the Spanish do complain - and very loudly.  It has been witnessed quite a few time over the last five weeks while we have been having cuts! Not that they have any more luck than the English and Belgian folks.

We have an 85 cubic metres 'deposto'.  We have a pump !  We have water!  But I still think it is wrong that Galasa are turning our water on and off at will.  We will still be paying the bills at the end off the month, without any consideration for the fact that they are contracted to supply us with water 24/7/365.  I bet there is no reduction for 'inconvenience'!    :73:

Agree 100%
No water for almost 2 weeks and yesterday it was turned on for less than an hour, about 4 litres trickling into our deposit tank
If Galasa sent out water trucks to fill our tanks up, I don't think any of us would be complaining

I went to Galasa this morning, but doors locked. 
No reply to my emails and today for the first time, no one answered the 24 hour number :38:

Pennydot

Quote from: Rtis on July 22, 2017, 17:37:35 PM
If one moves out here, one has to go with the Flow ! Do the Spanish people complain ? Get a deposito (many) above ground plastic tanks,have a ball valve in the first, one all interconnected, buy a pump,and no more worries !!

Trust me the Spanish do complain - and very loudly.  It has been witnessed quite a few time over the last five weeks while we have been having cuts! Not that they have any more luck than the English and Belgian folks.

We have an 85 cubic metres 'deposto'.  We have a pump !  We have water!  But I still think it is wrong that Galasa are turning our water on and off at will.  We will still be paying the bills at the end off the month, without any consideration for the fact that they are contracted to supply us with water 24/7/365.  I bet there is no reduction for 'inconvenience'!    :73:

Rtis

Cielos

Quote from: Grumpy Limarian on July 22, 2017, 15:07:30 PM
Went into Galasa at Vera yesterday and had a serious face to face with them.
Surprisingly, they claim that they had only had a couple of issues raised ?
Guess what, Galasa vehicle in Limaria yesterday afternoon -and water is currently still on !!!!
Wow, we will see how long it lasts.
Motto of the story and to bring this thread to an end :-
As soon as water goes off in future, we should ALL ring Galasa or take a trip to their office in Vera to have a direct and robust discussion with them.

Agreed, but don't forget ayuntamiento and diputacion too.
Meanwhile I've called Galasa for the 5th time today and have again been told that they have no record of my reporting a problem and that they're sending someone out - which is what they said from Tuesday onward.
I've got 15 emails, sent over the last 6 days and phone records as evidence, but really, where's it going to get me?

Grumpy Limarian

Went into Galasa at Vera yesterday and had a serious face to face with them.
Surprisingly, they claim that they had only had a couple of issues raised ?
Guess what, Galasa vehicle in Limaria yesterday afternoon -and water is currently still on !!!!
Wow, we will see how long it lasts.
Motto of the story and to bring this thread to an end :-
As soon as water goes off in future, we should ALL ring Galasa or take a trip to their office in Vera to have a direct and robust discussion with them.

Cielos

Please contact your local town hall and tell them that you want to make an official complaint and also that you are demanding that you are supplied with water

Ditto the DiputaciĆ³n

http://www.dipalme.org/Servicios/cmsdipro/index.nsf/formulario_contacto.xsp?p=dipalme

Cielos

Quote from: SusyQ on July 19, 2017, 19:20:55 PM
Again water along the main road but nothing up higher, apparently the pressure has been reduced because of leaking pipe work ( again ) until the leak is repaired we can only assume the situation with no water continues to the higher properties in Limaria, it's been five days now with no water and over a month of continued disruption.

Yet they will expect us to pay our bill in full, with no refund for massive inconvenience

I wouldn't mind so much if this happened infrequently, but we have this repeatedly, summer or winter

I am under the impression that Galasa have a legal obligation to supply water after a period of 48 hours lack of service
I asked the Galasa in Vera when they were sending out water trucks and she told me they no longer do this!

Pennydot

Quote from: Jinx on July 21, 2017, 23:00:55 PM
Galasa man drove up the mountain from Arboleas about 1pm today and we met him on same road about 2pm when he returned. When we got in doors no water so his turning it off and it's going off till next day.

I think you have solved it Jinx.  They are saving money by turning the pumps off at 1 p.m. when the electricity prices go up.   :38:

Totally wrong!! Got up this morning at 6  and, so far, have done three lots of washing.  And had a shower and washed yesterday's pots!  See what happens lunchtime. . . . .   :03:

Jinx

Galasa man drove up the mountain from Arboleas about 1pm today and we met him on same road about 2pm when he returned. When we got in doors no water so his turning it off and it's going off till next day.
The 5 steps after the Hurt .....
Anger,Resentment,Healing,Forgiveness,then Moving On

Cielos

No water in Taberno since Monday and when I asked when the water trucks would be out to refill deposit tanks, I was met with silence

There is no excuse for this, wet winter and acequias on every other bleedin' day to flood fields with 4 olive trees

When I phoned "helpline" I was told that because a pipe had been damaged in Rambla Grande, the whole of Limaria and Taberno were offline

Do I believe this? No.

Damata

When we lived in Aljambra, we had a similar problem until one day we caught the local farmer down the hole, turning off the water which then diverted to his trees.  He would turn the water on again before Gestagua opened their office in Albox. After my visit to the office, they put a padlock on the antiquated gate and the farmer was thwarted from stealing our water. 

Grumpy Limarian

Totally agree Pennydot.
I will also go to Galasa and put in official complaint.
As I've previously said, they are not replying or making any comment, so a face to face visit to their office is required.
The more of us that take this direct action, then they might actually try and do something.
Noticed a few water tankers in the area in the last couple of days, but why should people have to do this.

Pennydot

I am going to go to Galasa and raise an official complaint in their book!  I will then get as many people as possible in Limaria to either do the same or make sure they are available to talk to the Inspector when he comes a calling !!!!  We need to be very vocal about our issues with galasa!  This has gone on too long - can't wait to see the bill this month!  :96:

SusyQ

Again water along the main road but nothing up higher, apparently the pressure has been reduced because of leaking pipe work ( again ) until the leak is repaired we can only assume the situation with no water continues to the higher properties in Limaria, it's been five days now with no water and over a month of continued disruption.

Pennydot

Well, the whole of Limaria had a lovely surprise this morning when the woke up to water running from the taps!  Well, those of us who got up before 9:30; 9.30 when some nice gentleman came with his big key and turned it off again!   :38: :c002: :32:

Jinx

We had a trickle for about an hour this afternoon then about 2pm just when the workers would be leaving it went off.

Pennydot

If it's on on the main road, then it hasn't reached us on Vega 1 site. and we are, if anything, below the main road - even if only slightly.  As I have said, we have a solution and it works fine.  But that is not the answer.  We want to know why and for how long!  And some kind of reduction in our bill for 'standing charges'. 'Standng charge' would imply that water is available!  :a102:

SusyQ

Still no water in Limaria, it came back on along the main road but still nothing higher up, always the same when we have Family over.

:91:

Striker

We all recognise the need to conserve water were possible in such barren drought region, but I do wonder  what the attitude of the local population and Galasa is when they witness water from pool backwash pouring down Avinida Los Martinez to such an extent that it floods the bottom road, why on earth do people backwash their pools for such a prolonged period ? We backwash our pool very infrequently but when required no longer than estimated thirty seconds until the filter site glass clears, we have never had a problem with this and maintain a christal clear sparkling pool.

Jo-JoB

We have just had a new water main put in past our villa, but we are not going to bother to have it connected, we have always used water tanks, never had any problems, we get a prompt delivery every 6 weeks and always have water on tap, yeah i'ts more expensive than the mains, but having seen so many threads about water going off, it's worth it.
And when you consider they want 1,000 euros to connect it up, and then a monthly payment, That's a lot of tanker deliveries, I'ts not worth the hassle or expense of having mains water.

Suej

I agree Hogs, I think the company is a mess with too many people no caring. Like you we have done everything we can so it doesn't affect us too much when it is off but it is the lack of communication and the waste the makes it worse.
After the water went off the first time 3 or 4 weeks ago a Galasa person actually turned up at our house, we were out but a neighbour spoke to them. It was after the water had gone back on and they only looked at our meter, still no reply to the email that I assume brought them out.
Ho hum...We love Spain and love living here but that doesn't stop us thinking that Galas are a load of poo!!
Sue

Tetley

Fing is...in all the years ive home owned here...the waters gone off in summer,even when there were no big housing estates,the only way is a deposit and rain water fill it in the rainey season from the roof guttering.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Suej

We have a deposito and have had one for 10 years but it is still irritating firstly not to know what is going on and secondly to see so much water wasted time and again with leaks in the same area. It is a hot dry area in a hot country so why is an organisation like Galasa allowed to remain so useless...

Pennydot

Quote from: Rtis on July 17, 2017, 15:58:20 PM
You people really need to get a deposito or two, this is spain,so try and be one step ahead,our friends over Los Marcellinos way have the nice blue above ground ones (6) all hidden neatly away.

Fine in retrospect, but not very helpful if you don't have one.  We do have a solution, but it is not suitable for drinking or washing pots.  Everything else we can cope with.  Still not good enough though. Bet we still have the full set of standing charges on our bills!!! Spain is part of the EU and suppose to be civilised!  We see ads on TV for charities to supply water to third world countries.  So is that what Spain is - a third world country???  Or just Limaria??  Galasa supply water - when they feel like it!  And even those with Depositos have problems, as they really don't know when the water might run out!  Especially if they have visitors, and running showers 3/4 times a day.   Sorry, Rtis, I accept your logic, but . . . . . . . I am still not a happy bunny and I have quite a few friends in Limaria who feel the same! :73:

Rtis

You people really need to get a deposito or two, this is spain,so try and be one step ahead,our friends over Los Marcellinos way have the nice blue above ground ones (6) all hidden neatly away.

Pennydot

Reported all this to the Town Hall this morning.  Suggestion:  Go to Galasa and ask for the complaints book.  They have to send an inspector out.  All we need is for Galasa to put information on their website about what is going on!!!  There was ANOTHER team of 2 lorries and 5 men at the Limaria end of the Mountain road when I came back from the TH, doing who knows what AGAIN (I am convinced they are on piece work!!!)  After my calling in at the TH, apparently Danny and Mike have been down to Limaria, and presumably spoken to the workmen.  Perhaps we might even get a result (oh look!!  What are those pink tubby things in the sky!)   :c002: :38: :sign0065:

Suej

Most days it seems to be off early evening and as you say back on in the early hours but yesterday it was off by 1pm, so not the norm, just wish we could find out why...

Jinx

Seems they have it on a timer. It goes off same time every day and normally comes back on about 2 in the morning. This time it's off completely. Been going on for a month now.

Popski

Water been on and off for over 3 weeks in Limaria.

Getting sick of it as well.

About time Galasa sorted it.

Suej

emailed twice and no reply, did notice another leak yesterday near the track as you get to the Limaria end of the mountain road.

Grumpy Limarian

:41:
Water off again in Limaria, every day this week!
Galasa not responding - does anyone know why or heard anything from Galasa ?