Dumping

Started by 1dezza2, July 17, 2017, 09:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angieh

I think the point is that the person who was having a go is a bit of a loose cannon. I have no idea who it is, so I think Roger is well within his rights to respond.

Tetley

It wont matter either way in 20 od months time ,as the brits probably wont have a vote or brit  councillors,so folks will have to revert to plan B ie sorting there own proplems our directly with the mayor in person duwn the big hoose.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

ajc

Regarding the comments made by the local councillor I don't think
you should be discussing residents complaints on an open forum if those complaints are
made to the council office, or am I led to believe all council business is discussed at
every gathering at the local bar, if someone chooses to openly express who they vote for
that is their choice, to return information directed at the council may not be for us all to know.

Travo

:bravo_2:well said Roger you continue to do a fabulous job keep up the good work and ignor the moaners on here
Quote from: Roger on July 19, 2017, 12:16:21 PM
As for Arboleas, we have reduced the dumping but it is still a problem.
There is still the problem of dumping of garden refuse, and overfilling domestic bins with garden refuse.

This is almost entirely caused by UK residents and holiday owners.

To increase the number of local police would not solve the problem because the area is too large. If people are determined to be anti social they will always find a way.

Regarding the comment from the person who said that he would never vote for me again,
This is the person who wanted the Town Hall to employ someone to remove out of date private advertising stickers around the town because it made the area messy, but at the same time is complaining that he is still waiting to get sewage pipes installed by the Town Hall in his road.

Then on Cristobal's facebook page, commenting on the huge amount of work we are doing to repair the dangerous Limaria road, someone has compared this to the "problem' of the tarmac that is in a poor state of repair in La Perla.

It is a matter of priority on how we spend your 900,000 euros of Council Tax.
It does not go far.
Other towns have commented how Arboleas is able to carry out so much infrastructure improvements. Where are you getting the money?
We asked them to compare budgets.
Most towns spend 50% of their budget on employees, often doing made up jobs.
Arboleas spends 25%, and the Councillors do a lot of the work which other towns employ extra people to do.

In the next 12 months our time will be very occupied, meeting builders, meeting planning officials, meeting notaries, meeting the public registrar, and preparing detailed urban plans to legalise the remaining rustic houses.
It is all about priorities.

OSCARPED

Well done Roger , doesn't matter how much you do there's always some winging prat who as nothing better to do
as for me and a lot of others we think the council's doing a great job with what resources are available

tonychris

Keep up the good work Roger, making villas legal is much more important. Stigs doing a great job on the other subject!

Roger

As for Arboleas, we have reduced the dumping but it is still a problem.
There is still the problem of dumping of garden refuse, and overfilling domestic bins with garden refuse.

This is almost entirely caused by UK residents and holiday owners.

To increase the number of local police would not solve the problem because the area is too large. If people are determined to be anti social they will always find a way.

Regarding the comment from the person who said that he would never vote for me again,
This is the person who wanted the Town Hall to employ someone to remove out of date private advertising stickers around the town because it made the area messy, but at the same time is complaining that he is still waiting to get sewage pipes installed by the Town Hall in his road.

Then on Cristobal's facebook page, commenting on the huge amount of work we are doing to repair the dangerous Limaria road, someone has compared this to the "problem' of the tarmac that is in a poor state of repair in La Perla.

It is a matter of priority on how we spend your 900,000 euros of Council Tax.
It does not go far.
Other towns have commented how Arboleas is able to carry out so much infrastructure improvements. Where are you getting the money?
We asked them to compare budgets.
Most towns spend 50% of their budget on employees, often doing made up jobs.
Arboleas spends 25%, and the Councillors do a lot of the work which other towns employ extra people to do.

In the next 12 months our time will be very occupied, meeting builders, meeting planning officials, meeting notaries, meeting the public registrar, and preparing detailed urban plans to legalise the remaining rustic houses.
It is all about priorities.

Rod

Yes, general dumping in the Sopranos area as it is a large pull off and easy to do. They have now started on the bins in La Horticheula about 200 mtrs. from Sopranos one. This is not so easy to pull off and there are extra bins here for plastic, bottles etc. so not much room. It will all be left to rot, unfortunately no Stig in this area but even if there was you have to see them doing it to catch them. Perhaps Maura can enlighten us to see if anything will be done.

Tetley

Quote from: Dave S on July 18, 2017, 20:10:23 PM
I have complained to our "Star Counciller" in Arboleas about the various rubbish that is scattered around and which he acknowledged was an eysore. His answer was "If it bothers you that much then organise a crew and clean it up yourself" And to think I voted for him. NEVER again.

im shure people would be intrested in a clean up crew,folks used to do it in Arboleas abought 10 years ago,so if you get the ball rolling again it would probably genarate a lot  of  intrest.

its a bit like JFK said ask not what my country can do for me,but what i can do for my country or in the Arboleas Residents case Village.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Dave S

I have complained to our "Star Counciller" in Arboleas about the various rubbish that is scattered around and which he acknowledged was an eysore. His answer was "If it bothers you that much then organise a crew and clean it up yourself" And to think I voted for him. NEVER again.

Jellybaby

It's not the people on the Orange Grove estate doing most of the dumping, there are numerous white vans just pulling up a throwing everything out, cars with trailers doing the same thing, I dread to think what their houses must be like.

Jelly baby

Oats

Some time ago I took photographs of the 'mess' near Orange Grove (Soprano's bar as was) and sent it into the Town Hall. Nothing was done about it. Maybe because it's predominantly ex-pats in the area they want them to wallow in their own mess. It's an eyesore and also a fire hazard. If someone has seen rats then that's a health hazard too. Shame on the people that think it's OK to leave it there for everyone to drive by. Take it to the tip. I know I am banging my head up against the wall with this post but MAYBE, just MAYBE someone will have a conscience and do the right thing.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jellybaby

You need to drive past Sopranos in Albox, the rubbish near the bin is disgusting & a fire risk, they take the bulky items but leave all the garden rubbish & piles of old wood, we have seen rats round there, I wonder why they can't take it to the tip or are they so poor they can't afford the small charge!!!

Jellybaby

sallyb

Don't blame the police we only have two and one is on Holiday so one for half a day.
Phyll

Tetley

Just report it to our wast mangment  control contractor chap Stig,then he will pop and have a word with the offenders,

job done

1dezza2

Your right in what you say Angel, nothing is done if you report it. 8 new piles on the Rambla instead of paying the town hall. Lost revenue if you ask me.
Also the local police must be working undercover as I haven't seen them at all.

Angel

No one has followed up numerous complaints about the fly tipping of garden and household rubbish by the old railway station in Perla Verde , Arboleas.👎

tanfield

get the local poice down & they will also check if they have planning permission.

1dezza2

Another pool being excavated in calle Zoraida and rubbish being dumped on rambla.