Spanish/English Doctor

Started by MigMan, July 01, 2017, 14:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda Oakley

All companies or individual "traders" providing a service to the public, are legally obliged to be registered with the Spanish Data Protection Agency !!!!
This means all of us providing ANY type of service that requires access to personal data (even a simple invoice that needs an NIE number and customer details)
Insurance is also required
:welcome:
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

byrney

Couldn't have put it better KJH - yet another non-issue.  My interpreter knows all about my piles (and I've not even been to the Doctor about them....).

KJH3

Seriously if you consider that using a translator when visiting the Doctor is such a problem and especially causes an issue with you under the banner of Data protection then surely this is something you should have considered before moving out here. I realise how inconsiderate it is that everyone over here does not speak fluent English, but having moved to Spain i accepted that i learn the language as best i could and that i would have to seek advice and use an interpreter when needed on a raft of issues and subjects. I am not sure either what you are expecting the translators may do with details of any aliments.

byrney

I live in La Alfoquia where we have one Doctor.  I have no idea how you managed to get a Doctor in HO, but we were allocated a Doctor in the village with no option for a different Doctor.

It is irrelevant anyway as we are more than happy with our Doctor and medical needs.

telcaz

Byrney, don't you live somewhere near where i used to live? (Los Llanos del Peral, the Zurgena one), and our Doctor was in the Health centre in Huercal Overa and he spoke very good English, although very softly, at times i could hardly hear him.
                     Terry.

byrney

I think the difference between us Terry is that where we live we only have one Surgery and one Doctor.  Larger towns have more than one Doctor so that is maybe why you could choose and we couldn't.

Maybe another thing for the list of things to consider before you choose where to live eh?

telcaz

Well it certainly was mine/ours.
                                               Terry

byrney

telcaz

Not so Byrney, we registered with a English speaking Doctor in Cuevas only last Month, despite there being a health centre and Doctor here in Palomares, but she doesn't speak any English, so we opted for Cuevas, last week the Doctor sent me for a blood test, on Thursday of this week i went to the Health centre for an appointment to get the results, this was at 11, 50, at 12, 20 i was in my car and on my way home, having seen the Doctor and got the results of the blood test.
                                    Terry

MigMan

Hi, thank you all so far for your replies, yes didn't think of the allocation thing as in the social. I will look into this, reference translation!!! no not doing that only as a last resort, also you have to consider personal data protection as someone pointed out so no this would be a last resort. Thank you every one regards

byrney

That may ave been the case once upon a time Terry, but I think the current situation is that you are allocated with a Doctor, presumably to stop one (popular) Doctor being over-stretched.

The best thing to do is use one of the many translation services available in the area if you want 100% accuracy.

telcaz

MIGMAN. you can choose whichever Doctor you like and there is an English speaking Doctor in Huercal Overa, we were with him for 4 years until we moved to Palomares, i cant remember his name, but i will ask my wife when she gats home from work tonight.  Terry.

tandas

I think unless you go private you have to go to the doctor that you are allocated by the Social.  You can try Google translate services if they have WiFi.

MigMan

Hi, does any one know of a doctor we can sign on with that speaks English. We get by with the Spanish lingo in most subjects but the human body is something we want to be 100% sure about when it comes to diagnosis and advice rather than guessing and drawing pictures. Yes we can get an interpreter but as well as the costs its the inconvenience of organising any visits with them and the doctor, in short we would prefer to do it alone and be independent.
We are situated about half way between Taberno and Huercal overa if that's any help. My partner did go to the doctors in town (Huercal overa but it was a struggle which is our fault and not theirs, however it isn't easy so if any one could recommend some where we can go,we can get on to it asap as its another job off our to do list. 
                                                                 Many thanks Migman.