Message Received Loud and Clear

Started by blackdog, June 22, 2017, 10:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

You're right, applies to every shop, business etc. Banks have to have a complaints book as well, though from experience we were once offered a single sheet of paper on which to record a complaint...hmmm! Not quite satisfactory!
Cl3880

byrney

And this presumably also applies to banks?

And if they refuse, or can't provide one, is it not possible to take out a Denuncia against said establishment?

Karen4

You're not wrong byrney, you're quite right. By law each establishment has to have their own complaints book.
Cl3880

byrney

Hmmm.  I thought that each establishment was required to have a Complaints Book - otherwise they are acting outside the Law.

Clarification would be helpful - ie, if we have a complaint at Albox Mercadona, should they not have a Complaints Book - or, are we required to go to their registered office (Madrid/Barcelona or wherever) to register a complaint.

Methinks each establishment should have a Complaints Book - am I wrong?

LittleRichard

Quote from: sunergyalmeria on June 22, 2017, 19:18:55 PM
Quote from: Queen Clare Shirley on June 22, 2017, 10:09:54 AM
It wasn't erased on purpose , simply lost due to problems with a changeover on the database

so your accusations are unfounded and uncalled for.

While there may be some who find this funny, many others will benefit and will be happy for the information you  have provided

I myself hadn't seen the post as I was away in Madrid on a school trip but have knowledge of friends who have had problems with that particular atm and have had lots of problems having the money returned but eventually it was.

I presume you have used the banks complaints book and have gone to Olula to the Fair trade office
[just a note that may be of interest , the complaints office in Olula can now only deal with complaints within that town ,not from others ! for this you have to go to the main office in Almeria

typical
VIVA ESPAÑA

nibbler

My opinion Phil, just my opinion.
Nibbler :03:

felipe

He was initially giving great info. But his last title of this thread was having a pop at me personally for deliberately deleting his other posts when it was posted several time why that happened.  The fact that ONE member found the need to post a lighthearted comment in another thread is another matter. I do not think anyone was being a bully unless you think that Lancashire Lad, Claire, ghostrider, zilnor and me are bullies. 

As I have said above, any more stupid comments in threads, any insulting comments will be removed. Any member that deliberately posts such comments will be banned. I still believe that there are some that reside elsewhere that are purposely doing this.

nibbler

I think you'll find it's called bullying.
Nibbler

Jimel

lorca lad

Hi,

Trucker .... well said.... :bravo_2:....Don't often get involved with posts like this on this forum, but could not agree more .......   It will be a shame if the few, spoil a good forum, for the rest of us.

Regards
L.L.

Trucker

You all done well there, getting rid of someone who was trying to help others, the bank causes major problems to quite a few and all you do is have a pop and jest and take the pee..I think Blackdog was trying to fight for those who have been effected in the past and felt quite strongly about it...so before you judge on others read their comments and ask if they having a go...have a bit of humanity..the forum is getting worse with a lot of members daring not make a comment for getting backlash from so many....

Karen4

You can fill in an official complaint online with all banks. Other useful information here: http://www.eba.europa.eu/consumer-corner/how-to-complain
Cl3880

sunergyalmeria

Quote from: Queen Clare Shirley on June 22, 2017, 10:09:54 AM
It wasn't erased on purpose , simply lost due to problems with a changeover on the database

While there may be some who find this funny, many others will benefit and will be happy for the information you  have provided

I myself hadn't seen the post as I was away in Madrid on a school trip but have knowledge of friends who have had problems with that particular atm and have had lots of problems having the money returned but eventually it was.

I presume you have used the banks complaints book and have gone to Olula to the Fair trade office
[just a note that may be of interest , the complaints office in Olula can now only deal with complaints within that town ,not from others ! for this you have to go to the main office in Almeria

blackdog

O.K. boys and girls - you win.

None of you read an accusation of intent - your read two statements of fact that you chose to interpret that way. I am sorry if you took offence where none was ever stated or intended. I'm sorry your servers went down twice in two days and caused this problem.

I joined this forum for one reason and one reason only - to pass on information that I thought might be useful to others. That has been done now and no further purpose is going to be served by prolonging this discussion.

I wish you and the forum well and you may leave or delete this topic as you see fit. I will not respond to any further posts and I will, of course, delete my membership.

zilnor

Felipe,

Keep up the good work, and don't let the b-----s grind you down.  :clap: :clap:

ghostrider1611

well said felipe after all people forget that unless you are a business person this forum I costs us nothing  keep up the good work

dick :c017: :c017: :c017:

felipe

I have just got home and seen this thread. I too read it that you were having a pop at me for deleting the threads. I have given a full explanation several times as to the reason. Do you really think that I want all this grief and remove posts for the fun of it?

This is the biggest expat forum in Almeria with over 3000 people daily accessing it and contributing to it. The database is huge and as with all databases they can sometimes get corrupted. That is what I thought had happened. But it was the fact that in trying to improve your experience in using the forum by moving to a new server, it  turned out be a nightmare decision. So, I decided to upgrade the forum software, but since found out that it cannot be done from the current revision and has to be done in stages. That will take place on Friday and Saturday. In theory no posts should be lost.

Some enjoy having a pop and enjoy gloating at me and this forum when something goes wrong. But in the 14 years it has been running it has been off line maybe 8 or 9 times. Not bad for such a huge forum that is still signing up an average of 2 new members every day. (3 today) Other smaller, less busy forums do not have the load that this one has and therefore run a bit smoother.

Sharron and I endeavor to do our best to keep you all happy. So it is a shame that we see critics of what we are doing. We will soldier on though and continue to bring you access to the biggest and best forum in this part of Spain. Phil & Sharron.

Queen Clare Shirley

looks like I will be joining you LL
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Lancashire lad

It's called having a sense of humour, honestly life is too short to be serious all the time.
Whilst I appreciate your original post was useful and many people viewed it and replied. You took the time to repost for a second time and had a dig at Filipe for the post being removed, this was uncalled for and had been previously addressed.
Sorry but you set yourself up and my warped sense of humour could'nt resist.
I will now sit in the naughty corner with my finger on my lips.

blackdog

Hello Queen Claire Shirley,

I don't think I said it had been erased on purpose or that I made any allegations at all. If you had seen the length of the original post maybe you would understand why a third re-post is not on the cards. Anyway, this is not the sort of conversation I had hoped for when I made the original post but thanks for your input.

Queen Clare Shirley

ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

blackdog

I joined in the hope that, by telling members what had happened to me, I might help at least a few people avoid losing access to their hard-earned cash for a couple of months the way I had. And it turned out that some members had suffered similar and even worse experiences than mine at the same place.

But "CAJAMAR ALMANZORA - CASH MACHINE – A CAUTIONARY TALE!" was erased not once but twice in as many days and will not be re-posted a third time.

I take some consolation that about 1000 people read it before it went and it may have helped a few of them.

Thanks to those members who took it seriously enough to take the time and trouble to add their own relevant personal experiences. I am just sorry that we didn't manage to collect the information that might have helped persuade Cajamar and other banks to improve an essential service that most of us need from time to time.

But at least the double glitch seems to have given Lancashire Lad the chance to have a bit of a giggle at someone else's expense so not all is lost and, after all, what are Forums for?