meson, Arboleas

Started by restoration man, June 14, 2017, 21:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trucker

You dont run a business that involves being social when you shy...that is a load of cods..

Altair

Again it's personal choice, I would hate them to change anything.
Truth is warped as it passes from the mouth of one to the ear of another

restoration man

What a lot of different responses, but as my original post,  landlord, get more support and help Anna to provide a good service in a clean environment.

Altair

I guess it's down to individual taste,we rarely go out , but when we do the Meson is generally our first choice.
Have never had any issues with the staff or owner.

tandas

We stopped eating there when the male owner handled our tapas bread with his hand that had just wiped the sweat from his brow!  Also only Anna behind the bar serving everyone and trying to reheat lots of tapas so that it was cold and horrid.  Always dirty glasses and plates everywhere as well.

G and T

I have always found Agustin polite and helpful. For many years he let a group of use the Kubatin once a week in the afternoon and would not accept money, but merely asked if we could buy a drink or two when we had finished.

That said, last year a group of us had a meal in the restaurant which was not good to say the least- some food so overcooked you couldn't eat it, some reheated and inedible. We have not eaten there since, but any restaurant is only as good as the chef on the day. If you end up with a stand in chef who can't cook, you are going to have a lot of fed ip customers and are better of closing for the day.

I do not think I know an area so hit and miss with food quality as around here.

Richard.

casablanca

Quote from: languagesolutions on June 15, 2017, 13:54:58 PM
Know the owner reasonably well and I can assure you 100% he has nothing against the Brits. He has his good days and bad days, like most of us.

I'm sure you would get futher speaking to him than writing on the forum  :039:

I agree.
Have known Agustin (Jefe/Boss) for many years and I always read him as a decent, proud but shy person, could be wrong of course. I stayed at the Meson on a few occasions many years ago now and I often pop in for a Tapas (best for miles around). I always had the impression that he appreciated my custom and if he hasn't seen me for a few months I always get a handshake a como esta greeting and a little chat. I admit that his Lady friend struggles to give you the impression that she isn't always pleased to see you but I have also seen her being very pleasant and yes, she does seem to amble around unhurriedly but alongside Anna the "Whirling dervish" bless her, we all look like we are in snail pace mode.

languagesolutions

Know the owner reasonably well and I can assure you 100% he has nothing against the Brits. He has his good days and bad days, like most of us.

I'm sure you would get futher speaking to him than writing on the forum  :039:

KJH3

We are not talking about the staff we are talking about the owners. One mans meat etc etc, i agree but "Black burnt dried out meat ) is "Black burnt dried out meat" in any mans language. As for for taking my business elsewhere, i do, that was the point i made. I gave them the chance on the night to put it right, all i got was raised arms, a shrug and a back turned.

Tetley

Im suprized yer can all still afford to go out wi a 1.13 stong & stable pound........we sit on beech now wi pack up  & tin of pop   :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Trucker

I had my own transport business and some of my customers were as rude as you could meet, but they gave me work to put food on my table so I always gave them the same service as the nicer ones....and I never expected them to wash my lorry...cleaning the lorry was for my own self respect and to keep it looking good while doing their work...

Plus when I got more customers I supplied more lorries...not the same business but same principle..

nibbler

That's very true anyone in business know's that their customers are their life line.
They should do everything they can to make the customer happy.
That said, I have seen ex pats in restaurants acting like real pigs and the staff have been wonderful.
There are always two sides.
Nibbler.

booboo

Totally agree, Anna is always worked off her feet with no help. Definitely more bar staff needed! :96:

billandjess

Altair.. We agree with you, Anna is worth double Her Pay, we always leave a small Tip, so we would like to think most expats do the same. The Food is always fresh, also a good selection, Price of Refreshments are average, not a Rip off.
  One complaint that we have is that The Union Flag outside the Bar is Old, Dirty, and is flying upside down, however the owner of the Motel might say this is a sign of the times, or He might know something we don't. The Bar has changed for the good, over the last twelve years that we have been going in. remember when all used to smoke, you thought that your Glasses were dirty when you entered the place, you could not see down the Bar, people would sit at the Bar blowing smoke over the Food, and would brush leftover food, and Butts onto the Floor. ( Outside has not changed much )
Overall we find the Motel, good value for our money. If someone can get a new Union Flag, and explain to the owner in Spanish the correct way to fly our Flag, we would all appreciate this.  :c017:

restoration man

That's just it Altar he doesn't serve people all day, he ignores them but happy to take their money. It is he who should try and make the effort, take away all the 'foreign' customers and where would he be...

KJH3

No Altair, you are wrong. They are in business, there is no excuse for rudeness. I wish you could have been with us at the family get together and experienced the disgraceful show of attitude and the poor burnt food. Like others we use restaurants all over the region, to us this is the worst experience of prejudice we have experienced. 

Altair

I never really understood why so many people dislike the owner (and his partner), if you  take the time to talk to them they are nice people.
OK they don't smile at foreigners that much, but then if you had to serve people . a large proportion of which do not bother to speak your language in your country then perhaps you would not be so polite either.
Personally we really like the place.

restoration man

Yes actually I did I took my own glasses back to the bar, albeit there was very little space. It's a shame as we had always sung their praises,   presumably his thinking would be fewer customers, less tax to pay - it's all about not paying tax. As said sincerely hope new bar up the road gives a good run for their money - so far so good long may it continue for them. They are making a good effort.

nibbler

Restoration man, Did you consider doing the Christian thing and help her clear a few plates??
Nibbler

KJH3

After three dreadful examples of poor service by the owner and his lady friend I won't go there ever again while they own it. We had a long awaited family reunion in the restaurant last year and it was totally ruined by poor attention, poor food and a shocking attitude.  I was told the owner and partner dislike foreigners,  it shows.  Never again. I sincerely hope the new place up the road gives them a run for their money.

restoration man

Popped into the Meson today for drink/tapas, what a mess. Poor Anna behind the bar working like a trojan as always but still it seems without support. At least the eye candy landlady!! Wasn't there, mind you, only ever served drinks, clearing of the bar/tables were too dirty or menial a task, but at least if there today Anna could have cleared the mess. Every table, inside and out, and bar cluttered with dirty plates, glasses. LANDLORD/OWNER, lend a hand or get more staff, I'm sure Anna is worth twice her hourly rate.