Wasp Nest

Started by pambates, June 14, 2017, 19:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Fing is here,wasp nests are as common as rain in the UK,I normaly leave mine as long as El Waspies dont get all pear habour and start giving folks a nasty nip.... but if yer do want rid,just zap em on a night,job done.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

pambates

Still haven't managed to find a company who will come and get rid of the wasps.
We want to make sure that both nests are completely destroyed as they are on a wall behind our neighbors pool and they have young children.
If all else fails my husband will have a go with the Master Fly spray.

scbeo5

Hi
Are there any firms out there that will come and sort a wasp nest/problem out? In the past we have done it ourselves but my husband has developed a severe reation to wasp stings and we can't risk him doing it
Thanks in advance
Scbeo5

Tetley

Quote from: gus-lopez on June 15, 2017, 14:47:33 PM
& as Tetley said even when using any type of 'wasp nest destroyer' keep the mercadona green (sin perfume) fly spray in other hand as any out & about will come after you & that green fly spray kills them dead.

I  like to see if i can still move quick,so i spray the bxggers during the day.....then do a Linford, a bit sharpish.......keep,s yer trim tho  :57:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

gus-lopez

& as Tetley said even when using any type of 'wasp nest destroyer' keep the mercadona green (sin perfume) fly spray in other hand as any out & about will come after you & that green fly spray kills them dead.

englandmariner

Mine is called "Master Fly", daft name for what it does. Yellow can, yellow top. Fires a 4 metre long spray jet. Purchased from Lepantos

pambates

Any idea what it's called?
Thanks

Peter and Frances

There is a special wasp spray which has an approx 4 meter length  spay range knocks the wasps down straight away make sure you clear the nest away afterwards as any wasps which were not in or around the nest will try and find it again.
They sell the spray in either the metal box shop or longo's it is really good stuff.

Elgin

Maton kills them too

Duffs

Wait until the wasps go to bed in the evening and spray/dust ant killer over their entrance. The ant killer will kill the wasps although it might need treatment for two or three days.

Tetley

Quote from: pambates on June 14, 2017, 19:15:43 PM
We think we have two wasp nests in the back wall.
Not happy tackling them ourselves so does anyone have a contact number for a pest control firm.
Thanks

Spray the green mercadona tin stuff in on a night in the hole there poppin in/our of,this kills em wile there in peeps,job done.

pambates

We think we have two wasp nests in the back wall.
Not happy tackling them ourselves so does anyone have a contact number for a pest control firm.
Thanks