Breathalyser

Started by mooshca, June 14, 2017, 13:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingernut

I remember some time ago someone I know got stopped by Guardia Traffico proved positive he asked how he was getting home they told him he could drive home.

sallyb

No point in giving yhem to the Arbie Policia Local, only two of them one on duty at a time, they don't have the time to spare.
Phyll

Trucker

Next job for them is stopping drivers on the phone...that will keep them busy...

rt21

Quote from: John P on June 14, 2017, 19:16:50 PM
Quote from: rt21 on June 14, 2017, 16:26:47 PM
I remember 8 years ago taking a group of mates out to the pub for a drink, which was located down a country lane. I had 2 shandies and at the end of the evening I got in my car, drove out of the car park and managed to drive no more than 250 yards when a police car stopped me. One of my friends in the back was the Assistant Chief Constable, who calmly told me that the police car must have been deliberately waiting outside the pub to catch punters coming out the car park. They stopped me on the basis that my number plate didn't seem to be straight. It was ever so slightly out of true. My friend didn't disclose who he was and they didn't recognise him. I was breathalysed and the results were negative.

It seemed at the time to me that the police could stop you on the pretext of anything if they wanted. Something that my friend didn't disagree with.
Richard
I'm surprised that the ACC didn't advise the bobby that the wonky number plate was an excise offence and not a "traffic offence whilst the vehicle was in motion". Totally academic as you were under the limit.

Hi John

The ACC didn't want to get involved and I also didn't want to get him involved. The young policeman did ask where I had been which was a bit of an academic question as they were parked within view of the pub carpark and saw me driving out. When I told him I had been to the pub he asked me whether I had been drinking and that of course led to the breatherlyser.

My friend did tell me after the policeman went to get the breatherlyser from the police car that there was no way I was over the limit. And after the breatherlyser test he told me that mobile breatherlyser tests are not totally accurate and that if it showed positive they would probably take me down to the station where they had more accurate equipment.

Richard

rt21

Quote from: nibbler on June 14, 2017, 15:58:47 PM
The one thing I never agree'd with in the UK was that we could never stop a vehicle just for the purpose of breathalysing it had to be  committing another driving offence.
Nibbler :bravo_2:

I remember 8 years ago taking a group of mates out to the pub for a drink, which was located down a country lane. I had 2 shandies and at the end of the evening I got in my car, drove out of the car park and managed to drive no more than 250 yards when a police car stopped me. One of my friends in the back was the Assistant Chief Constable, who calmly told me that the police car must have been deliberately waiting outside the pub to catch punters coming out the car park. They stopped me on the basis that my number plate didn't seem to be straight. It was ever so slightly out of true. My friend didn't disclose who he was and they didn't recognise him. I was breathalysed and the results were negative.

It seemed at the time to me that the police could stop you on the pretext of anything if they wanted. Something that my friend didn't disagree with.

Richard

nibbler

I think the Antas local Police were issued with new equipment a couple of weeks ago and were carrying out tests as vehicles left the industrial site.No problem for me but i bet they got a few tickles.
The one thing I never agree'd with in the UK was that we could never stop a vehicle just for the purpose of breathalysing it had to be  committing another driving offence.
All power to the Spanish Police.
Nibbler :bravo_2:

mooshca

KHJ3 agree with you whole heartedly. if one of us drinks the other doesn't we take in turns to drive SOBER when we go out. But I do know of a few chancers who doesn't give a s..t

KJH3

A lot i hope, drinking and driving, those that do should hang their heads in shame.

mooshca

Just read on Zurgenga's blog that the LOCAL POLIZIA has got a new toy, their very own new Drink Breathylser. Wonder how many chancers will get. caught.
Police and Breathalyser

The Polizia Local have now taken delivery of a state of the art breathalyser machine which will enable them to carry out roadside breath testing. This machine is an evidentially acceptable and accurate machine.

Previously the local Police would have to wait for a machine to be delivered to them to carry out such a test but now they have the means to enforce drink driving laws in our municipality and make our roads safer.

They also have been provided with a micro chip reader to assist with the control of dogs in the area and other items of equipment to help them perform their duties.