Witches ....... well, witch hazel to be more precise !!

Started by chel, May 31, 2017, 19:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chel

Yay, Girasol does sell Witch Hazel ~ in a spray.  So if anyone else has been looking for it, they have some in stock.  But please don't buy it all until I've made it up to Albox to get mine.   :93:

chel

Thank you everyone for the responses.  I have to say I think I must have tried everything on the planet, but keep coming back to witch hazel as the most effective because it seems to stop the really bad reaction that I get to the bites, i.e. loads of swelling and blistering too ... think it's called skeeter syndrome!!  Will try and ring Girasol this a.m. when they open. :c017:

The Gardener

I use a cream called Antisan which removes the itch instantly.  Pharmacies here donĀ“t stock it but I got mine via Amazon.

carolpadbury

Girasol I think has it, a friend bought some a few months ago.  Also cut a lemon in half and rub it on the sting it should stop the itching, well it does with me.

chel

Thanks, I will try again.  When I asked before ... it was some while ago ... she didn't have it, and I think she said she couldn't stock it for some reason, can't remember why?

Karen4

Check with Claire in Girasol, she may well have some.
Cl3880

chel

Hi Sue, Thank you for this.  Am registered on the Boots site, and will probably end up using this if no local sources available ~ and thank you very much for reminding me of this.  C

alansue

Have a look at Boots International site, they deliver to Spain and have witch hazel. Hope this helps. Sue.

Tetley

The locals use a bit of bleech with water on bites if that helps,then once it stops ichin dap a bit on zinc oxide powder on it to dry it up.

if not yer still might be able to find a witch,we did have a brit local covern    :shocked:  ....but  they might have all gone  there seprate ways.... :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

chel

Does anyone know where I can obtain witch hazel here in Spain?  It is the best thing for cooling the 'itch' after having been bitten ... and boy, this has not been a good year for insect bites !!  The lovely ladies in the farmacia in Arboleas haven't been able to help me.  John in Home Sweet Home can no longer get it as his supplier has gone bust ... and I really would like to find somewhere to obtain it locally if possible.  The Spanish translation of Witch Hazel is el Hamamelis or el agua de Hamamelis ... but that hasn't helped me !  Holland and Barrett now have outlets here in Spain, and deliver, but they don't stock it.  Any other sources?  I would be really grateful. :c017: