IBI backdated bills

Started by etwalker, May 28, 2017, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: Starburst1 on May 30, 2017, 14:56:07 PM
Hi how do you check taxes etc on yr NIE no that you dont know about please, also for deceased  partners

If you google the NIE Number with the name of the person you should get some info up,if you get stuck,there is an Almeria Council office,next to the repsol garage in Hercual overa,give them the name & number and they will type it in there data base checker for you,if you have good spanish you can do it over the phone.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Starburst1

Hi how do you check taxes etc on yr NIE no that you dont know about please, also for deceased  partners

tintin

I had a similar problem in 2014 and as mine was a new build in 2005 was charged the 4 years plus current year, my friend helped me negotiate with the town hall and paid it monthly over 13 months so best advice go to town hall with a fluent spanish speaker to explain the problem to see if they will accept payment terms, mine was in Mazarron, Murcia
Mike

etwalker

Thanks Tetley.  I have had some useful advice from Optomist too.  I will carry on with my emails to David and Danny and see what we can work out. Cheers.

Tetley

If its a new registration,thay go back 4 years plus the current year

if its an older registration were a bill has been issued i think its 15 years however it could be 20 years

the town hall follow a procedure to collect,but the onus is on the NIE number holder to check there NIE numbers example once every 6 months to see if any issues have arisen,ie property motoring.

as for the jump from 2015 its probably had the castrol value up dated hence the increas ,ie people with old farm houses were paying 15e a year are now been billed for 170e a year.

if you contact the town hall you should be able to agree a debt plan if you carnt afford to re pay all at once but they will charge intrest & fees
the basic jist is the main onus is on the NIE  holder to keep a check on there NIE un like the uk were its council tax,red letter,red letter,court.

the above is only a genral guide from memory so its best to have a word with David in the Arbi tax office
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

etwalker

I have some questions about IBI if anyone can help please.
I have just been landed with a large bill for backdated IBI for a property I still own with my ex-husband and rent out  - and please, I am not trying to get out of paying anything that I am due to pay I just want to make sure it is all absolutely fair and legal, just as I would in the UK.
I was not aware of this bill until recently and had wrongly assumed that the Town Hall would send any bills out as and when they were due (after all, they have managed to make contact quite easily now a large amount is owing).
My first question is - how far back can they go? (the first bill is for 2011)
Secondly, there seems to be a double whammy of charges for non-payment as the amount seems to include SURCHARGES/RECARGO (with no explanation) in addition to PENALTY INTEREST/INTERESES DE DEMORA.
I know the UK is very different, but here I would struggle to justify being charged surcharges AND late interest fees for something that I knew nothing about.
I have never avoided any liabilities and am happy to support the local Arboleas community but the sceptic in me (and based on some items I have read) makes me question that it isn't in the best interest of the Town Hall to not send out bills knowing that they can make more money through surcharges and interest.
I am in communication with the Town Hall but I am still waiting for answers to my questions.
Lastly, I cannot afford the amount all in one go and want to arrange to pay in instalments - does anybody have any experience with this?
I will of course be looking to set up a standing order to cover future bills.
I note that the bills from 2015 onwards saw quite a dramatic increase and have to assume this was to help towards Spain's economic crisis.
Thank you to anyone that can offer me any advice.