Again IPTV !!

Started by Rtis, May 26, 2017, 19:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demps

1.9 dish with Freesat box or Sky HD box is the best solution. Works perfectly. No problems whatsoever.

oldbirchy

How are you measuring the speed at the tv? As I said above are you sure that you have changed your tv settings to connect via ethernet? I csn only think that thiß would happen if your tv was actually connected by wifi.
The fact that the chromecast works also points to this being the problem. The chromecast "casts" to the tv across the wireless network and as such will be nearer to the tv than the router,(?) hence it works.
Or, try it the other way around. Disconnect the ethernet from the tv and use tv settings to connect via wifi. It that works either the tp link isnt working or the cables are no good
Regards Andy

Rtis

AND Again !! Just been watching bbc 1, O.K , turned over to bbc 2 Rubbish !!! 0.05 mbps !!!!!! Speedtest at router 11 mbps !! How can this speed change so much from programme to programme ? Back using Chromecast ! (Well my wife is!!)

Rtis

We have only had this iptv set up for about 3 weeks !! The TP link extendors  2 weeks ! Even the TP people cannot explain what is wrong. Maybe we have something on the tv that should be turned off . Thanks for all the feedback.

PandL

Your Chromecast is using wifi I guess, right? And from what you say that is working well, so the signal must be reasonably strong near the TV.  If your TV itself is currently using the wired connection, maybe you should try unplugging it and reconfigure the TV to use wireless instead!! And see what speeds you get with that. Counter-intuitive but worth a try?

For your wired connection,  try unplugging everything for a bit: both powerline adapters, and the router, and also the two ethernet cables at both ends. Then reconnect. It's possible that one of those items has developed a permanent fault though.

Rtis

Thanks again for the info,will look into the settings,using Chromecast at the moment,very reliable ! (What I cannot understand is how the speed at the tv can deviate so much,as per my post elsewhere, "the speed is going up and down like a fiddlers elbow "

oldbirchy

If you are on a power line extendor then there should be no drop. Make sure the Ethernet connection into the TV is firm. Also daft thought but in the TV settings you may have to set the network as ethernet, it may still be connecting on WiFi. Certainly an any android box before lollipop plugging in the cable did not automatically turn ethernet on!
Otherwise it must be a TV problem.
Regards Andy

Rtis

We have TP- Link Powerline adapters, one in the study connected to the router the other connected to the tv (LG smart) they are both on the same circuit,have tried Ookla speed test and Netflix speed test,both read the same,at 13.27 today 11 mbps down, tv 1.38 !!! Even Pick channel can freeze!!

pannica

I have just got an T95Z Plus box it works great on wifi duel channels and ethernet getting uk channels all working
greetings highlander

oldbirchy

What kind of to link extender? If it is the Ethernet cable type then you should not get any loss. If it is the type that extends your WiFi network then they do knock the speed badly. The test is, is your box connected to the internet by cable or WiFi?
If you are only getting 1 -  3 at the box it will struggle.

Regards Andy

Rtis

The speed shown at the router was 11.94 at the tv using tp link extenders varied between 1.2 -3.0, as I mentioned Chromecast does not have a problem,we only gone for iptv because of more variety of channels.

dude

Sometimes is not always the internet speed, its the initial source of the programme. I'm with Rednet and get very good speeds most of the time. I use a Firestick and one source is a problem regardless of the speed. Change to a different source - with no loss of picture quality and no problem. Wether the initial programme is broadcast in ultra HD and that causes the problem I dont know, but dont always blame your provider.

KJH3

And your actual Internet speed at a that time was?

Rtis

We have just started to use IPTV from a person that advertises here (local) we are at this moment trying to watch "Great British Menue" Rubbish !!! Freezing,Slurring speech, changed over to the Chromecast---Perfect! SO, Boffins what is your Opinion? (This is a Smart tv,no box.)