VPN/Router Query

Started by Hudders, May 13, 2017, 15:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudders

TY - downloaded one week trial - seems to be working!! You are a life saver!!! Set to spend €100s on new VPN router!!
Hudders

No - I'm not from Huddersfield, before anyone asks.. :)

mbit66

If you use smart dns. You can set the dns on any router with a WAN port (yours does) it is easy to setup and my customers have no problems. And it is around €40 per year
Mike

Hudders

Looks interesting, but doesn't appear to be router based. I want something that can be set on the Router and everything connected will be covered.
Hudders

packard

try www.streamvia.com  I only used it on my laptop but have system that uses existing router. Good service and help when I got stuck.

Hudders

I have had a subscription with Unlocator for over a year to allow me  to access Box sets & Catch up etc. on my Sky+ HD box. However, there has been a problem with Unlocator & Sky for a couple of months which is unresolved, and today, my subscription ran out.

I am looking at going down the VPN route, but am unsure what to do. I have a TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Router, but it doesn't appear to be supported. I have looked at installing DD WRT, but am a little hesitant. My Internet security software (Kaspersky Internet Security 2017) offers VPN for an additional annual subscription, but I don't know if this  will be what I need? Looking at recommended routers on the internet  and the prices are extortionate - 400.00€ for one of them. My current one was expensive and only a couple of years old.

Any suggestions??? If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated!!
Hudders