Filmon replacements

Started by oldbirchy, May 02, 2017, 18:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

Hi All
I cannot take credit for finding this one, that is down to Sue from Limaria but it dors seem to work:
Sports Devil
Live Tv
Tvone1
Channels
You will get up a long list of channels so go down till you hit BBC or ITV etc and hit ok. It will fail at the first ir second attempt but keep trying and then Bingo, up they come! Give it a go!
Regards Andy

KJH3

daniel cooper

Hello

I have purchased a iptv box from 360telecom these people have taken over the ezetv from albox online, and i have to say i am very happy with the service, picture quality and functionality of the box, well recommended

PandJ

Thanks Andy now downloaded, much appreciated.
Peter
PandJ

kazhaynes

Andy you are doing a great job.

Thank you very much

oldbirchy

Hi All
Well it looks like bc1 went off line on both mobdro and UK TV now at about 10 pm. Probably the strain of all the additional users. They are both good when working but not very reliable. Sorry, I am doing my best.
I will try a VPN with freebies to see if that is any better.
I will report back.
Regards Andy

oldbirchy

Hi All
Many people have asked me how to download and the install mobdro and uktvnow.
Firstly they are NOT add-ons within Kodi but are separate apps in their own right.
Methods of installing are identical it is just where you get them from is different so your are searching for mobdro or uktvnow. I will just use mobdro as an example but you can substitute uktvnow instead.
You need a pc/laptop and a usb stick.
Plug the USB stick in the PC.
Google mobdro, (or uktvnow) apk download.
Select download
Note that on uktvnow there is a submenu to download v7.7 for firestick.
Before the download starts your browser will tell you that the file is ready to download and ask where you want to download it to. Click the arrow at the side of SAVE or SAVE AS. This will open a window that allows you to change where it will be saved.
Choose the USB stick probably called d:
Start the download.
When finished remove the usb stick from the pc.
Put it into one of the usb ports on the box.
Go to My Apps, All Apps or the circle with six dots in it.
Open All installer
Select install from USB
You should see the mobdro or uktvnow apk listed
Sel ect it and install.
You will now find it listed in All Apps, My Apps you can launch from there.
If I hope that all makes sense?
If you need me the o come out and do it for you, send me a pm.

Regards Andy

oldbirchy

It has probably downloaded!
Go too all apps or a circle with six doors in it.
Select all installer
Install
Local disc
If our funds it install from there.

Regards Andy

PandJ

Hi Andy, having problem downloading to my Andriod box,says download started but nothing seems happen. Obviously doing something wrong.
Would you be so kind as to pm me the download instructions please.
Thank you
Peter
PandJ

oldbirchy

Hi All
Forgot t9 mention that uktvnow v7.7 for firestick and boxes does NOT need a mouse.
Thanks fir the pm Keith!
Regards Andy

caveman666

byrney

Hi Andy,

Mobdro is still buffering big-style on my Android - to the extent that it is unwatchable.

Is there a quick fix that you have done to improve matters?

oldbirchy

Hi All
I can confirm that mobdro and uktvnow apps are working well on Android boxes. Uktv now latest version foe firedtick and android boxes is particularly good for sport as well as terrestrial tv. Better than filmon ever was.
If tou need my help installing, send me a pm.
Regards Andy

oldbirchy

Hi All
Now filmon has gone I am looking into replacements.
Whilst in Kodi
Zen, sports, fast TV, other categories, UK and USA TV has all the the UK terrestrial channels listed, some Stuteley and bang so badly that they cannot be used but still give them a try, some are good.
Mobdro works ok and still very well for sports but again UK terrestrial found under channels can buffer.
Bedrooms so far, ( and thanks to Jeff from El Prado) is to download uktvnow. Just Google it. You do need a mouse or a lot of patience but streams are good. Mouse is needed for navigation and making it full screen but looks the best option so far.
I am trialing a paid VPN to see if I can get anything better and will post the results here.
Regards Andy