So loud

Started by telcaz, April 26, 2017, 19:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

telcaz

Well you do have a volume control device on your TV, i wish i had, had one last week in Puerto de Mazarron to quieten those loud mouthed Brits.
                                                                                                                                        Terry

jonno

Noise on TV too - why is ITV so much noisier than BBC? more American style every day!

nibbler

I was admiring some tattoos once and they were genuine art forms. I asked the guy what made him start having them and his reply." You come into this world with nothing and you can take nothing with you when you die except your skin so his art stays with that little bit longer"
Nibbler :72:

hartcjhart

Quote from: mikespoon on April 30, 2017, 08:23:57 AM
I must assume that all the posters who are complaining about noisy Brits have never been in a Spanish bar. I have had to leave several Spanish bars because the Spanish are yelling at each other at the top of their voices. When I first arrived here I thought everyone was having an argument.
Mike

Ahh  but have they got tatts/ride m/bikes and have a prince albert :93:

zilnor

Mikespoon,
You are right. Spain is a very noisy country.
But then so is Italy !

Not only the Brits who talk very loudly when out and about !  :57:

sparkiemike

originally tat's on sailors & soldiers were to identify them & where they were from

the ear piercing with a gold ring was to ensure the price of a Christian burial

Mike
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

mikespoon

I must assume that all the posters who are complaining about noisy Brits have never been in a Spanish bar. I have had to leave several Spanish bars because the Spanish are yelling at each other at the top of their voices. When I first arrived here I thought everyone was having an argument.
Mike

Jo-JoB

Quote from: telcaz on April 28, 2017, 20:49:02 PM
Could someone explain to me how/what changed my post of noisy Brits to Tattoos?please.
                                                                                                                          Terry.

Evolution!!

Jo-JoB

There are some serious hang ups going on out there!!

I don't have a problem with Tattoo's, Bikers (I was one) piercings or even loud (ish) people!!

My biggest problem, is the way assumptions are cast, that every one is the same if they have a tattoo, or a piercing, or ride a motorbike! Why does everyone have to be pigeon holed!!

in the words of Robert Burns, in his poem ''To a louse''.

''O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us, To see oursels as ithers see us!''

casablanca

Quote from: Tetley on April 28, 2017, 20:28:46 PM
I must admit,i wouldent fancy one of them willy rings..... :a102: ,mind you i suppose at least its somewere to hang yer shower gell bottle...... in shower :57:

Brings tears to the eyes :03: :grin: :))

Trev

Quote from: Tetley on April 28, 2017, 20:28:46 PM
I must admit,i wouldent fancy one of them willy rings..... :a102: ,mind you i suppose at least its somewere to hang yer shower gell bottle...... in shower :57:
Apart from the fact that I have to sit down to wee...saves everyone else getting wet  :72:
I know that I will never be locked out of the house  :93:

Skol

They seem to be associated :86:

telcaz

Could someone explain to me how/what changed my post of noisy Brits to Tattoos?please.
                                                                                                                          Terry.

cag

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

casablanca

Quote from: hartcjhart on April 28, 2017, 19:37:59 PM
Quote from: Trev on April 27, 2017, 22:31:07 PM
I always find it strange when people have an aversion to tattoos.
I'm not sure if it is an age or class thing? Perhaps someone could enlighten me?
Being 'covered in tattoos ( and piercings ), my experience is that is only the brits that seem to have this issue.
None of my Spanish neighbours or friends, of any age, seem to notice .

I think it is both,and as for only brits, the germans and dutch are averse to tattoo's,or certainly the older ones are

I also think it is a generational thing. In the past they were usually for sentimental reasons such as to remember a loved one when you went off to war etc. and then it reinvented its self as body art. I have no aversion to modern day tattoos as some do look nice, it's where some folk go to the extreme and I just can't see the sense in a tattoo that looks like you have submerged you arm in permanent black ink, and then to call that body art, well?

Skol

I have never seen a tattoo yet that I would like to frame and hang up on my wall.

So why have it permanently on your body.

I have visions of an 80 year old granny with Robbie Williams on her arm.

When she cant even remember who he was :03:

hartcjhart

Quote from: Trev on April 27, 2017, 22:31:07 PM
I'm not sure if it is an age or class thing? Perhaps someone could enlighten me?
Being 'covered in tattoos ( and piercings ), my experience is that is only the brits that seem to have this issue.

I think it is both,and as for only brits, the germans and dutch are averse to tattoo's,or certainly the older ones are

Rod

I don't personally like tatoos. I think that some of the youngsters who have had multiple ones will regret it in the future.
Having said that It is everbody's personal choice to have them and as long as they are adults and can make this decision, good luck to them.

zilnor

My son has a couple of tattoos, including a howling wolf ! He is quietly spoken most of the time.

My step-son is a biker and has  half a dozen tattoos. He has Asperger's and sometimes does'nt say a word all day, and at other times he will talk non-stop for a couple of hours.

Never judge a book by its cover !

Trev

casablanca

Quote from: nibbler on April 27, 2017, 14:05:12 PM
Sorry gents I disagree with those remarks,
Just because someone has tattoos does not necessarily mean they are either rude or noisy. I know many men and women with tattoos who are quiet polite and wonderful people who just like to have some body art.
As far as unacceptable behavior is concerned I have an issue with men who come into or sit outside restaurants without a shirt on.
Nibbler
I didn't say everyone with tattoos is rude and noisy just that this is my biggest hang up, but they might look at me and say why does he etc. etc. So on that basis I try to be tolerant as I would expect them to be towards me.

hartcjhart

Quote from: nibbler on April 27, 2017, 14:05:12 PM
Just because someone has tattoos does not necessarily mean they are either rude or noisy. I know many men and women with tattoos who are quiet polite and wonderful people who just like to have some body art.
As far as unacceptable behavior is concerned I have an issue with men who come into or sit outside restaurants without a shirt on.
Nibbler
I think you should have an issue with the restranteurs/bar owners that allow it

nibbler

Nibbler

hartcjhart

Quote from: telcaz on April 26, 2017, 19:17:25 PM
We have just got back home from a lovely four day visit to Puerto Mazerron, and each day was ruined by loud mouthed Brits, and these were not teenagers, oh no, they were pensioners, and the worst offenders were the women, no matter where we went, be it in a cafe, in a bar, a Restaurant or even on the beach, they were there, last night we went to the Wok for our final evening meal and a group of six came in shortly after us and sat down directly behind me and completely ruined our meal.  And no i didn't complain to them because they appeared to be the sort who would have turned it into an augument which i didn't want to get involved in.
                                                                                                                                                                             Terry.

Ahh dear boy, dont forget it is womens lib/female emancipation, it seems a helluva lot of females now (of all ages) have become tattooed geezerbirds

casablanca

Quote from: Rod on April 27, 2017, 08:48:59 AM
Usually shouting signifies they are a bit deaf. We could hear our deaf Spanish neighbour over 200 mtrs away when he had a chat with passers by.
Another reason is too much alcohol.

This is very often the reason with regard to elderly folk but no excuse for the younger ones who seem to become overcome with excitement (or alcohol) as you say. But the Spanish also shout when having a "normal" conversation. Think my biggest hang-up with Brits abroad is appearance especially tattoos. Not talking about a sensibly placed pretty little rose or a colourful little butterfly but body covering horrible big ugly things that would look better on Hulk Hogan. Remember folks tolerance is a virtue :38:

Tetley

The best one for me is......"they dont even talk English " when refering to Spanish,shops,banks...ect    hello ! this is Spain    :grin:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

The world was a quieter place before mobile phones.  :57:

Tets,
Agree with you !  :)) :))

nibbler

I have to agree Tel, when I hear  and see the way some BRITISH people behave I feel ashamed. :38:
Nibbler

Rod

Usually shouting signifies they are a bit deaf. We could hear our deaf Spanish neighbour over 200 mtrs away when he had a chat with passers by.
Another reason is too much alcohol.

Tetley

i can handle the shouting,its just the bear back,milk white skin,socks,& sandles that do me....the noise i can cope with,ijust pop ear protectors in........ :))

KJH3

Sorry but i have to agree, i put on similar thread a few weeks ago, why do people have to shout. Even when they are standing or sitting next to someone they dont talk they shout. Supermarket, restaurant, bar, cafe, or walking down the street. Also bad is when they are on the phone just a constant loud voice which is not needed. Does shouting make them feel more important or being the centre of attraction? Worst of all is that you cannot fail to have to hear their dreary conversation.

macc

Life's too short, and you'r too old to grumble about your fellow Brits, all the time. Your'e obviously irresistible to the opposite sex. Was it  the same group of female pensioners that followed you around for the 4 days  :08:

Lynden

They were probably from Camposol on day release.

telcaz

We have just got back home from a lovely four day visit to Puerto Mazerron, and each day was ruined by loud mouthed Brits, and these were not teenagers, oh no, they were pensioners, and the worst offenders were the women, no matter where we went, be it in a cafe, in a bar, a Restaurant or even on the beach, they were there, last night we went to the Wok for our final evening meal and a group of six came in shortly after us and sat down directly behind me and completely ruined our meal.  And no i didn't complain to them because they appeared to be the sort who would have turned it into an augument which i didn't want to get involved in.
                                                                                                                                                                             Terry.