Robbing customs !

Started by Rtis, April 26, 2017, 16:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

345 Challenger

In the UK there are no duties paid on a personal import, as long as the total cost including shipping and insurance is under £138

ColinC

I think Spain is better at collecting duty / tax than the UK is! The Chinese seem to be expert at sending stuff to buyers direct in the UK and avoid paying any tax on it.. This affects us all in more than one way, yes you might have bought the product you want cheaper because import duty and VAT / IVA has been avoided, but buying that way affects the UK / Spanish economies and that lost revenue that pays for public services has to be found from elsewhere. The only real winners are the Chinese in that case.. It is difficult to buy anything that isn't made in China these days, but at least those bought from UK / Spanish shops at least are collecting VAT / IVA and putting something into our own economies..

Rtis

What annoyed me  was writing over the goods section,how can these people judge what an item is worth,the clothing was second hand and just postcards,also in Japan you have to state what is in the package delivery was good,took 1 week via post!

Tetley

With my job,they charged duty on the full final price including the shippng,i think the fees & taxes were abought 70e however in the UK a left hand drive MG dash was 100,s..... so for me it was well worth the hassle,plus you can register with Spanish customs on line,when i bought a 2nd Car part,i got and e mail,with payment advice,payed the fees and it was done & dusted within days, ive also had small guitar & bike parts that have come streight through from china with free postage,so its just swings & rounderbouts ,and evens out over the year.

as Elgin says just budget up for costs .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

gus-lopez

It shouldn't have even been put down as having a value as just personal clothing .

Elgin

In my experience if you are buying something from outside the EU then expect to pay about double the basic price by the time you have got it in your hands.  Transport costs, import duties (set by the EU), IVA (yes you pay IVA/VAT on import duties) and then the dreaded handling agents fees (can be as much as the duties and taxes).

Karen4

Doubt it, Brit shops are all over the world, and some people seem prepared to pay anything for a pie!  :great:
Cl3880

Roger

Guess that will be the end for the Brit food shops then.

Karen4

Might well end up paying both duty and import tax on anything coming in from the UK too, if the UK leaves the EU...
Cl3880

Tetley

Quote from: Rtis on April 26, 2017, 16:07:40 PM
We have just had a parcel delivered from Japan,the value at max is 50 euros,it had 2 pair of jeans,1 pullover, and various picture cards of Osaka,the clothing is our son's,these robbing people decided that the value was wrong and changed the value on the ticket ! 26.78 euros to pay!! it may not be much but these people are just total robbers !! anyone tried to make a claim against them ?

i bought a 25$ mg Dash board,by the time it got here 3 months later the total cost was around 160e..... :grin:

best just think of all the kids your helping educate or medical fees you have helped pay for with your import tax .  :sign0098:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rtis

We have just had a parcel delivered from Japan,the value at max is 50 euros,it had 2 pair of jeans,1 pullover, and various picture cards of Osaka,the clothing is our son's,these robbing people decided that the value was wrong and changed the value on the ticket ! 26.78 euros to pay!! it may not be much but these people are just total robbers !! anyone tried to make a claim against them ?