Gluten free products

Started by kerash, April 26, 2017, 15:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cielos

Compared to Spanish supermarkets here (and I've tried them all!) UK supermarkets have a far wider range of products - and they are more reasonably priced too

Here's Tesco's bread/cake selection - and that's just their own brand!
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=G00018277&icid=Free_From_stamp_gluten_wheat_free

BobL

Wonder to what extent UK.outlets will improve choice, range and cost with Gluten free items coming off the prescribed list available  to GPs?
Bob L

JohnJones

Lola is brilliant. Wasted in a supermarket to be honest. The writing was on the wall for that Coviran just a coule of years ago: now it is flying.

Well done Lola and Co.  :bravo_2:

MarcusW

I use the Freefrom range in Sainsburys which I think is very good.

I am coming over soon, so if anyone wants a few bags, I might be amenable, provided I've sorted out a roof rack or trailer.

Karen4

Lidl usually do a very good range of gluten-free products at Lidl prices. Always worth a look.
Cl3880

Wilf and Moira

Quote from: girasol on April 27, 2017, 10:32:22 AM
I have sold this line for 10 years now.  If you want something particular I'm more than happy to order.  I'm in Albox

We have just stocked up on a few things at Girasol this morning in readiness for a visitor who also is coeliac and lactose intolerant.  Great advice and choice of foodstuffs, thanks again Claire! :c017:
Always maintain the Status Quo!!

annef

It's always good to hear of another local shop stocking the Schar range - their gluten-free products seem to me to be far superior to other makes.  Claire at Girasol has been excellent in obtaining any product which I have requested and at very fair prices.  Always worth visiting if you have specific dietary needs.   :c017:

Lancashire lad

Yes things like, soft Burgos cheese, Squirty cream and Chocolate style desserts- These items you cannot get in the UK- and Spanish Lactose free milk is superb compared to the soya stuff available in The UK
My wife being both gluten and lactose really does have it bad as most items are Free from one but not the other, Might open a cafe when I get to Spain full time!!!!
To be honest gluten free flour is naff no matter where you get it and is better to make your own mixture using various ingredients
Thanks Girasol for letting me know you stock these items I didn't realise.

Queen Clare Shirley

Quote from: Lancashire lad on April 26, 2017, 19:58:56 PM
My wife is gluten and lactose intolerant and must say the Spanish supermarkets offer a far better selection than the UK, carrefour at Lorca is very good but Mercadona also have a decent choice.

Really I was in England two weekends ago and I was amazed by how much choice and how cheap it was compared to here, the flour is a lot cheaper and much better value, I bought four white soft rolls for 1.65€

Mercadona looks to have lots of products but not really they have one loaf of bread on offer and 2 biscuits one maria one cookies and Im not paying 5 euros for 4 magdalenas when I can make them home much easier and cheaper

Ive had a few of the schar products the viennese rolls were nice. Their pretzels were very nice.
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

girasol

I have sold this line for 10 years now.  If you want something particular I'm more than happy to order.  I'm in Albox

Lancashire lad

My wife is gluten and lactose intolerant and must say the Spanish supermarkets offer a far better selection than the UK, carrefour at Lorca is very good but Mercadona also have a decent choice.

kerash

In a couple of weeks Coviran in Arboleas wii be stocking a variety of gluten free products of Schlar.

These are available in Carrefour Lorca but will make life easier with a local supply. Both my grandchildren are are coeliacs and like the products from here.
Lola is very helpful in trying new lines. Their brownies are very good.