MATRON SPRAY FOR CENTIPEDES

Started by cougar, April 26, 2017, 12:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Luck

Hi, can anyone one tell me if Maton orange top works after it's been raining, as I sprayed all
round my house today and it poured down, not sure if I need to do again. Many thanks

musicdonna

Be careful when picking plant pots up outside, too.  We've had a couple living under them.

Tetley

Quote from: cougar on April 26, 2017, 14:11:50 PM
IMJ 52 is there something better ?
TETLEY Please comment
Mike

Check yer washing Machines & dryers.....they luv it in there,i had a baby snake yesterday in the nerve centre buzzing around....i fink he is in the back of the telly now....feeling at home whatching UK /GE....
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

bobancarol

Quote from: Karen4 on April 26, 2017, 20:54:57 PM
Most ferreterias sell it. The orange cap one says you only need to spray once a year. I'm very thorough at doing inside and outside perimeters including where floors meet walls, all windows and doors etc. Once a year has always worked for us.

Thanks Karen  :c017:

Monty1

Mercadona do one as well but only says 3 months not 1 year

Angel

I always use the Maton Gold every 6 months although it says " 1 ano "
I spray all round the window and door ledges outside and buy it from the Spanish todo shop in Arboleas as he is a lot cheaper than the larger shops.

Jo-JoB

Quote from: Monty1 on April 26, 2017, 18:47:38 PM
Do you mean spray every night. I thought the Matin spray was effective for several months once sprayed.

Not every night, Maton Gold lasts months

Elgin

Quote from: Monty1 on April 26, 2017, 18:47:38 PM
Do you mean spray every night. I thought the Matin spray was effective for several months once sprayed.

No once a year is supposed to do.  However, the buggers still find away in as we had a live one in the lounge earlier in the week but we do have an old house.  More often though it's dead ones I find normally quite close to where they have come in.  Spaying directly on to live ones kills them too.

cougar

Karen4

Most ferreterias sell it. The orange cap one says you only need to spray once a year. I'm very thorough at doing inside and outside perimeters including where floors meet walls, all windows and doors etc. Once a year has always worked for us.
Cl3880

bobancarol

Hi all, could you please advise where to get this from and how often you need to put it down, as we have a few problems with the little darlings as well? Thanks in advance

Monty1

Jo-JoB

I am presuming you mean the Mediterranean-Tiger-Centipede, see pic

(Scolopendra cingulata) sometime called the Megarian banded centipede, we have had some large specimens come into the villa, about 7 inches long and as thick as your finger. Very aggressive, very quick and move like a snake.

We used Maton Gold round the doors and windows inside and out, and never had another one enter the place. do it before bed and keep the dogs away till morning and you shouldn't have any problems.

Karen4

We also use the Maton orange cap, and spray once a year, outside and inside house perimeters, including round windows and doors. We don't get anything nasty coming in.
Cl3880

The Gardener

Maton spray with the orange cap.  One of these horrible things got into my bed and bit me.   Very painful and not nice at all.  I spray last thing at night and then close the doors so that it is dry before the dogs get anywhere near it in the morning.

cougar

IMJ 52 is there something better ?
TETLEY Please comment
Mike

lmj52

Tetley will tell you all about matrons.
However it is maton spray you need.
:c023:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Fishnthenet

You need the orange can - when you spray leave to dry, then no harm to dogs.

cougar

Can someone please tell me what colour top Matron spray I need to spray on thresholds to kill these NASTY things ?
Is it ok with dogs ?
Thanks Mike