Ear cleaning

Started by chevo42, April 24, 2017, 11:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickmatthews

If you have been having your ears vacuumed clean then syringing is not for you. Will probably do more harm than good, and end up with more infections.

JETSKIBALA

My son was going deaf from wearing headphones 24/7 and not letting the ear's breath, went to the doctors in Arboleas and the Nurse syringed both out, and lots of horrible black wax came out, he also has thin ear canals, suddenly and I mean really immediately he could hear so well again.
Recommended he did this every 9-12 months........................also said it did not hurt and he's a bit of a wimp re pain......

GOOD LUCK   :13:

Linda 

Big Bad John

Steve Walker does Ear Syringing
Check his website: Committed2ucommunitycare.com or ring him on (0034 684 333 442
BigBadJohn.

pepe

I brought my own syringe on eBay you can clean them out yourself whenever nessasary and it was not expensive.

zilnor

Queen Clare,

That is what our GP here told my husband to do. Five days later, the nurse syringed the wax out, and he realised he was not deaf !

Never let anyone other than a qualified medical practitioner near your ears.

Queen Clare Shirley

I use the medical centre, the nurse cleaned mine for me, I too have small ear canal too and was recommended to put warm olive oil in my ears for five days before I had them syringed to soften the wax

Have to say it hurt but she said that was to be expected as those tubes were tiny!! I remember the ENT doctor said the same to my mum 30 years when they put the grommets in when I was a child
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Karen4

There's absolutely no evidence that hopi candles have any positive effect at all, and I think it might not be wise to let just anyone put something in your ear! My father was a doctor and he always said to never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear! Leave it to the real professionals and see a doctor if you are having problems.
Cl3880

temasek

Dr Pablo is able to sort this, as recommended above by  Lord Lucan .
W.R.L.F.C.

tintin

I had the candle treatment a couple of years ago at my local hairdressers it was called Hopi candles, but caused an ear infection so had to go to the doctors to fix it, but have heard it works for some people. I have a very small ear canal which the doctors said did not help as it blocks easily, but try it and is quite cheap
Mike

sallyb

I too used Wavelengths it worked for me.
Phyll

lord lucan

Hola,

I used Dr Pavlo in Docthos (Centro Salud) Albox, he speaks excellent english, tel: 950120025.

Good luck,

L L.

ahill858

This may help.
I go to wavelength Hairdressers opposite Peugeot Garage in Albox.
Just down from Mercadonna.
She uses a lighted  candle to suck all the wax out.
Works for me.
Regards
Andrew

chevo42

Every year to eighteen months I need to go to hospital to have my ears cleaned out with suction tubes. Just before Christmas I became more or less deaf. Following two doctors appointments, where two lots of infection and anti-biotics were prescribed as well as a request for hospital appointment. However I am still awaiting an appointment. According to this forum there are no longer any ENT doctors at HO.
Does anyone know where I can get this sorted out privately? Driving licence renewal due, so you can see my concern. Thanks. :16: