Hay fever

Started by Crystal2, April 22, 2017, 12:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobL

Hi, agree worse year ever for HF & related allergies. Severe pain in eyes last night so.visited our GP in Puerto Lumbreras who is the Prof for GP to Murcia Medical School. He is similarly stricken. Rx Ibis Tabs 20mg 1 daily and Afluon 0.5mg/ml (6ml bottle) 1 drop/eye twice daily. That would have cost 20€ but OAP.
FYI for all out there.

SKB

The only anti histamine that works for me is Polaramine 2 mg.  They clear my stuffy nose and no more itchy eyes! 

DPM

Thanks, I will try these and see what is best. Gladly its for the boss not for me !!!!

temasek

DPM
Try desloratidina. Available over the counter at the farmacia.
W.R.L.F.C.

Queen Clare Shirley

The honey has never worked for me I tried it for two years, two years ago the pollen was dreadful we spent most of the hay fever season at urgencias with my husband on the oxygen I swear they have his name on the chair now, both my daughters had it and the dog!!!

Again we had a lot of rain that year same as this year

What we do

I take stopcold he takes Ebastina (much stronger)
We use Disop Zero liposome eye spray to alleviate some of the symptoms,
eye bath in the fridge to rinse our eyes
shower when we come in
shut all the windows and don't let air in
use recycled air in the car
At night we hoover the bedroom then wet mop

It seems to help, waiting to see if we can get the injection to stop it
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

DPM

Can anyone tell me what are the best tablets or sprays to use that are available here please ?

Elgin

Actually, I am not too bad so far this year but the olive flowers are only just coming out.  The general pollen count (per eltiempo.es) is quite low but I see that there is no measure for orange pollen which I suspect has been higher than normal due to all the rain we have had.

John n Julie

Me n Er indoors have never suffered with it before but by god we are sure as hell suffering now.
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Tetley

I normaly get it bad,but dont take the tablets,this year so far not to bad,i find sticking Vick up mi hooter is a great help if yer dont like taking drugs.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

SKB

My hay fever has never been this bad in all the 14 years I have been in Spain - I know of many others in the same boat so you are not alone!  Just have to keep taking the tablets and plod on :iagree:

Crystal2

Is it me ..... or is this the worst year EVER  ??