What's on my olive tree?

Started by SKB, April 18, 2017, 17:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olly

It's actually a fungus, and it's quite common on olives.
It won't actually do the tree much harm, but it's a nuisance.
Go up to the Arboleas Armoury, and tell them your problem and they will supply you with the correct fungicide.
They don't speak English, so, if your Spanish isn't good, just take a piece of the olive with some of the white fungus on.
Just one thing. DO'NT spray the tree until it finishes blossoming.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Lorraine

We have white sticky stuff on our phoenix revoluta (sago palm) and have been advised to use the red beetle insecticide and repeat after 15 days and then repeat another 15 days.

casablanca

Quote from: hibiscus on April 18, 2017, 20:42:11 PM
Same here, every that white fluffy stuff, never took it off and every year plenty of olives....

Same here!

hibiscus

Same here, every that white fluffy stuff, never took it off and every year plenty of olives....

G and T

We have over 40 olive trees and have had this issue for the last 12 years. Never treated it and it has never affected the olive crop.  My Spanish farmer neighbout has inspected it and tells me not to worry.

Richard.

alto dogs

Would it be a good idea to burn any trimmings to avoid spread?

SKB

Oh dear - I have been on the internet and it could be olive psyllids which you can wash off but it says to stop it coming back to use insecticide - I have chopped off all the naughty bits but will spray tomorrow with cochinilla spray and hopefully that will be that.  I had it last year but ignored it and had no olives!  Good luck with yours.

trishtrosh

We've got that as well and washed it off with a hose but it's come back.

SKB

Hi - I have what looks like cochineal beetles on my olive tree - white sticky fluffy stuff on the flower buds and in between the leaves.  Am I right in thinking it is cochineal or is it something else?  Would really appreciate your help.  Many thanks