Roses.

Started by stean, April 12, 2017, 18:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casablanca

Malcolm

Soapy water works well.

casablanca

Quote from: EllaD on June 04, 2017, 08:57:52 AM
Good morning everyone.   My lovely roses don't have mildew but they have this sticky sap all over them.  It is very obvious that I need to spray them and I was wondering if you kind people could tell me the name of the particular spray I need and where I can get same.   Thank you so much.  Ella

I have the same problem, is there something you can or in fact need to treat them with?

No replies yet? Does anyone know how to treat this "sticky sap" please.

EllaD

Good morning everyone.   My lovely roses don't have mildew but they have this sticky sap all over them.  It is very obvious that I need to spray them and I was wondering if you kind people could tell me the name of the particular spray I need and where I can get same.   Thank you so much.  Ella

SKB

I have got the same on my roses and I have sprayed them several times but they still have the mildew!  Any suggestions?

stean

Val Keith

Good morning stean,   No I don't know what the cause is, some roses are suseptible to mildew, we have a couple of trees with it. when you spray do all your rose trees.

stean

Thanks Val.
Any idea what causes it.

Val Keith

Hi Stean, it is mildew, you can buy a spray for milldew from a garden center.   

stean

Hi All.
Up to a week ago my roses were looking strong and healthy, but on 2 of them there is a covering of what looks like white powder. Any ideas what it is and what I can do to cure it.
Thanks.