Tortoise found in Los Higuerales

Started by kazhaynes, April 11, 2017, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markandkaren

my daughter found an upside down spur thighed tortoise after the rains a few weeks ago. we nursed it back to health and she planned to keep it as it became friends with her bearded dragon. we were discreetely told by a guardia neighbour that it was illegal and carries a hefty fine and imprisonment as they are now all protected.  as a result many have been "let loose". there are plenty of areas where they can be let back into the wild safely. ( away from roads, population etc.).i hope this is taken as an informative advice rather than meddling.  :)  :)   

mark

doreen1

verwood

Quote from: doreen1 on April 11, 2017, 17:34:51 PM
Ok,
I have to ask.
How does a tortoise shows signs that it has been in captivity ? Just curious.

Doreen
I think it was when it went to the 'fridge and helped itself to lettuce.   :93:

tandas

Isn't there a law about keeping tortoises as pets now making it illegal.  All the ones in Huecal Overa animal park have gone now.

doreen1

Ok,
I have to ask.
How does a tortoise shows signs that it has been in captivity ? Just curious.

kazhaynes

Now gone to a good home.  Apparently not a wild one as it showed signs of being in captivity.

The Gardener

I think there are a few wild ones in the area.  One crossed the road in front of me a couple of years ago in that area.  Fortunately I was going very slowly at the time!

mickandjan

It's probably just a wild one  :13:

kazhaynes

turned up in our garden 2 days ago couldn't find him yesterday, but he has appeared again today.

Anyone lost him (or her)?