Where did the Martin McGuinness post go

Started by PhillipJLloyd, March 21, 2017, 07:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macc

:85: :85: nearly had me there Gus, i was tempted to answer, but then realised it would be a total waste of time answering a person whose only solution to every single problem on the planet is to kill everybody. Killing of civilians at a football match, i suppose that's just your kind of thing. Retribution, good word Gus.  :bravo_2:

gus-lopez

guest14507

I have read the posts on this and one thing I noticed was that at the start, "posters" were commenting on how they felt about the death of this Irishman and his past deeds. Almost immediately people that disagreed with these comments turned the thread into a personal attack, accusing them of being full of hate, writing bile, being naïve, ignorant and much more. Surely, if they do not agree with what the original posters are saying about this mans past life, they should confine their comments to the original subject and not make it a personal points scoring game.

webejamin

Quote from: macc on March 25, 2017, 08:00:47 AM
I understand exactly what you are saying Webe  :13: But a serious question for everybody on here Webe, what year should be the the cut off, ie, dont go back more than 50 years, forget everything before that. :67: :67:
Not everyone wants to go back to the same spot in time macc, as can be seen when many emotional subjects are kicked over. But, we must all be prepared for someone else's contribution, that aint gonna be convenient to our argument or point.
Of course I was being facetious in my comment, but my own cut off point would have been when McGuinness turned peacemaker. The period of relative peace is much shorter than the period of hate and killing in Ireland, that went on for centuries as we all know from basic, but sometimes left out, history.
I'm an Englishman, but I aint fick, well, not very fick anyway, and can usually tell the difference between black and white. :72:

PhillipJLloyd

History is as far back as we can go.
It tells us how far we have progressed or not.
At the beginning, our aims were all the same, just to have a full belly to survive, then this all started, to be better than the "next man".
Have we progressed much ??

zilnor

The Saville report was criticised.

Being selective in choosing evidence.
Under pressure by government to appease.
Length of time and the cost. It was let slip by Jowell it had cost £400 million.
There were no inquiries into the many other civilian deaths carried out by paramilitary groups at  that time.

The terrible events of that day cannot be glossed over or whitewashed but it seems one sided and a case of double standards to me. IMO.

macc

Hogs, that reply made me laugh. :king: Your new name shall be from this day forth, Sir Hogs of Widgery, the truth seeker. :sign0065: When you place the word truth in your posts from now on, i shall at least smile. :bravo_2: I understand exactly what you are saying Webe  :13: But a serious question for everybody on here Webe, what year should be the the cut off, ie, dont go back more than 50 years, forget everything before that. :67: :67:

webejamin

Quote from: lmj52 on March 24, 2017, 20:46:08 PM
Quote from: macc on March 24, 2017, 19:32:12 PM
Quote from: webejamin on March 24, 2017, 12:51:32 PM
Quote from: macc on March 24, 2017, 07:45:10 AM
What about Croke Park.

Well that's one of the inconvenient bit's of history macc, it's not fair to go back so far, spoils the thread. :67:
Sorry Webe, what can i say. What starting date for the killing of Irish people in the past would you think was fair.  :051bye:
:clap:

Well macc, just don't go back to the inconvenient parts, coz then it gets a bit embarrassing and like I said, spoils the thread, if you know what I mean,  History's a bit like that. :72:

lmj52

Quote from: macc on March 24, 2017, 19:32:12 PM
What about Croke Park.

Well that's one of the inconvenient bit's of history macc, it's not fair to go back so far, spoils the thread. :67:
Sorry Webe, what can i say. What starting date for the killing of Irish people in the past would you think was fair.  :051bye:
:clap:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

macc

What about Croke Park.

Sorry Webe, what can i say. What starting date for the killing of Irish people in the past would you think was fair.  :051bye:

bomagdrink

Quote from: Hogs on March 24, 2017, 08:02:52 AM
Quote from: bomagdrink on March 23, 2017, 20:34:58 PM
Quote from: hartcjhart on March 21, 2017, 15:50:52 PM
Quote from: nic.spato on March 21, 2017, 11:43:46 AM
Yet another outpouring of bile and hatred from the usual suspects.
I ain't gonna get into a row with anyone, but just remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

ah so we have to sit down and shake hands with al qaeeda/daish et al,some chance!  they would have slit our throats first.
He and his ilk were not FREEDOM FIGHTERS they were murdering cowards who killed ordinary men/women and children because they did not have the guts for a REAL war with the Brit army....we are in a time of reconciliation....lots of inco
the real sadness about his death was that his family were at his bedside before he died,something the thousands of his victims never got the chance
so the women and children that were murdered by British soldiers on Bloody Sunday .. were they all terrosits aswell.

we are in a time of reconciliation..lots of people have died and suffered on all sides ..some innocent people, time for peace and please stop digging up the past ..we can't rewrite history ...when Martin mcguiness R.IP...allows the queen to shake hands with him ...that's enough 👏

With respect there were no women and even at 17 years, the 5 17 year olds that lost their lives are hardly children, especially when one was carrying 4 'nail' bombs !

I also note that you make no mention of the  PIRA 'Snipers nest' at the location, nor Martin McGuiness, PIRA Derry 2IC who was thought to have been carrying a Thompson submachine gun, but not proved. But it was a peaceful demonstration march, wasn't it, not to mention that whilst typing this response the 13 Official victims of the event has grown to 26.  Still can't let the truth get in the way of preferred truth can you !

Hogs

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on March 24, 2017, 14:42:09 PM
Quote from: Tetley on March 24, 2017, 13:46:56 PM
Quote from: doreen1 on March 21, 2017, 09:03:30 AM
Martin and Ian will be remiscising now about the OLD days.

We could always finish on doreen,s veiw  and hope that Northan Irealand and Southern Irealand continue to move forward and prosper.
Make yer right Tets, it's what some have been hinting all along :08:

apparently some of the top english law firms-staff are regestering in Southern Irealand so they can still work in the EU after 2019.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Quote from: Tetley on March 24, 2017, 13:46:56 PM

We could always finish on doreen,s veiw  and hope that Northan Irealand and Southern Irealand continue to move forward and prosper.
Make yer right Tets, it's what some have been hinting all along :08:

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

What about Croke Park.

alhambra

Funny that Hogs, the truth. There is absolutely nothing to back up what you say, nothing, all in your head. No footage of the day backs you up, no enquirys back you up, other than the original proven lies and cover ups, but maybe lies are your truth. Keep reading the comics, and I would have to say this post throws a huge shadow over your first post on this thread. Try learning more than the spelling of the word. TRUTH.

bomagdrink

macc

bomagdrink

bomagdrink

Quote from: hartcjhart on March 21, 2017, 15:50:52 PM
Quote from: nic.spato on March 21, 2017, 11:43:46 AM
Yet another outpouring of bile and hatred from the usual suspects.
I ain't gonna get into a row with anyone, but just remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

ah so we have to sit down and shake hands with al qaeeda/daish et al,some chance!  they would have slit our throats first.
He and his ilk were not FREEDOM FIGHTERS they were murdering cowards who killed ordinary men/women and children because they did not have the guts for a REAL war with the Brit army.
the real sadness about his death was that his family were at his bedside before he died,something the thousands of his victims never got the chance
so the women and children that were murdered by British soldiers on Bloody Sunday .. were they all terrosits aswell.

webejamin

The only thing with bringing up the past, is that some people like to leave out the inconvenient bits, depending of course on what point is being pursued.
Bit like if the Germans had won the first, or last war and had occupied the UK. By now we would probably all be Nazis and thinking in that way, so anyone that tries to take back the UK for the British would be a terrorist. All our heroes from that era would have been hanged as murdering terrorists and our history would be shown as such.
In Japan they've only recently included the 30s and 40s decades in school history lessons.
So yes, history can be inconvenient.
Ask most people "when was the last time England was invaded and ruled by that invader" and the answer will most likely be 1066 :72:   

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: webejamin on March 23, 2017, 10:15:23 AM
Fing is, loadsa people have been "terrorists" but end up political heroes, and they come from all different places, Israel, South Africa, Palestine, Cuba, Russia, France, even England and the USA, the list goes on. It also depends on how far you want to go back if you need to prove a point, but then of course, it turns into a history lesson and becomes inconvenient for the argument.
I would imagine McGuiness will go down as a peacemaker and politician that used to be a terrorist, what we as plebs think doesn't matter an iota.

Exactly people forget the past,
Blair was singing his praises in an interview, but we forget that you can't believe a word he says !!

webejamin

Fing is, loadsa people have been "terrorists" but end up political heroes, and they come from all different places, Israel, South Africa, Palestine, Cuba, Russia, France, even England and the USA, the list goes on. It also depends on how far you want to go back if you need to prove a point, but then of course, it turns into a history lesson and becomes inconvenient for the argument.
I would imagine McGuiness will go down as a peacemaker and politician that used to be a terrorist, what we as plebs think doesn't matter an iota.

nibbler

I wonder how he will go down in history.
A Terrorist and murderer or A Peacemaker and politician.???
Nibbler.

PhillipJLloyd

Perhaps the events of yesterday will remind people of what this man was doing when he was younger !!

zilnor

Come on Macc,
Don't keep us in suspense any longer. We are desperate to hear your views on the Irish problem, that most of us know nothing about .  :85: 

macc

:08: I wouldn't hold my breath if i was you,  :93: or maybe on the other hand, you should try  :13:

Wrypop

Quote from: zilnor on March 22, 2017, 16:26:51 PM
Still waiting for Macc to enlighten us, and share his  superior knowledge on events in Ireland.  :57: :57:

Indeed. Why are we waiting..why are we waiting.....?

zilnor

Still waiting for Macc to enlighten us, and share his  superior knowledge on events in Ireland.  :57: :57:

hartcjhart

Quote from: macc on March 21, 2017, 20:42:54 PM
Most posters on here are just ignorant to what has occurred in Ireland, north and south, and reading the posts, that is totally understandable.  :67:

and are we ignorant of what happened in Warrington/Birmingham/London etc etc

zilnor

Tets,
You may have read some of these, if not they are interesting.

A very short introduction to the Spanish Civil War.      By Helen Graham.  recommended by Paul Preston

Orwell in Spain.                                                          George Orwell

As I Walked out one Midsummer Morning.                     Laurie Lee

Ghosts of Spain.                                                          Giles Tremlett

The last gives good information about other aspects of life in Spain.

Trev

Quote from: Karen4 on March 22, 2017, 10:12:42 AM
There's a simple answer to that Trev, stop reading this thread. Sometimes we all tend to forget there's an "off" button.
That is very true, but if we simply ignore things we believe are wrong then they never change.
This will be my last comment though.

Karen4

There's a simple answer to that Trev, stop reading this thread. Sometimes we all tend to forget there's an "off" button.
Cl3880

Trev

Quote from: Karen4 on March 22, 2017, 09:52:47 AM
Trev you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I am absolutely entitled to mine. I stand by my view that your statement was stupid and naive, in my opinion, but of course you are welcome to keep posting whatever you want, as are all of us, within reason.

Just to clarify I have at no point suggested that anyone should forgive him.
It's the unnecessary outpouring of hatred that I find distasteful., and pointless.