Wood pellet costs

Started by Elte1, March 13, 2017, 11:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elte1

Many thanks Demelza

:c017:

Demelza

I would recommend BricoDepot near Almeria to buy both a pellet burner and pellets. Two years ago I purchased a large pellet burner reduced 50% in the summer sale which I have been really pleased with. The pellets are sold in 15k bags and 100% wood(no dust). Cost is €3,45 a bag!! It's worth the journey as combine it with a trip to another shopping centre. Hope this helps!

Demelza

I buy mine from BricoDeport. Only €3,45 a 15 kilo  a bio bag....

Elte1

Many thanks Prettypol  :great:

prettypol

We  have had a pellet burner for many years now and have found the wood yard opposite Longos to be the best  and the most convenient for us.   They have 2 types and we found the best one is 4 euros a bag for any amount, they seem to give more heat  and less ash.  We get 10 bags at a time which are all loaded up into our car by the men working there who are very friendly and helpful.
Hope this helps.

Elena

No wood yard Los Carrascos in Arboleas

Eddie

The wood yard opposite longo

Elena

The wood yard in Los Carrascos sell pellets, top quality ones. 4.70 a bag or 4.50 if you have 10 or more. Delivered to your house and stacked where you want them.

Elte1

Thanks Eddie
I assume you get them from the same place?

Eddie

we pay 3.90 per bag, 15kgs.  We order 70 and take when we need them.

Elte1

Thanks very much Tandas that's very helpful

tandas

We buy 5 bags for 21€ from Akar on the ITV road near Meson Irene.  We bought our pellet burner from there as well.  We love it turn on and off when needed. Use an ash can hoover to clean it out.  Only downside if power cut turns off.  But you can get a back up battery.
You can buy 40 bags at a discount and they store them for you and you pick up when needed. Also do services.
So far this winter we have used 10 bags in our 2 bed villa. Wouldn't be without it.

Elte1

Hi
I've been doing some research on the forum re wood pellets and cost but there is nothing current.
Would appreciate if anyone has any up to date prices and where they go to get them. I will be replacing my old log burner soon and am considering a pellet burner for ease of control and longer burning when unattended
Thanks in anticipation
:c017: