Round up weed killer

Started by Mickey, March 10, 2017, 19:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgmaywood

I have just been in the armoury and bought some weed killer small amount but there are signs on display in both Spanish and English advising if you want to purchase a larger amount you need to have had the relevant training and Licence.  So they are abiding by the law as far as I can see and rightly so.

Chrissy

lindablyth32

Totally true Dave. We did the same course( Almeria) and you will not believe how many still don't know the laws.

Dave and Sue

By Law they shouldnt sell it to you in large quantities!! ie no more than 50mil (i belive)
We have a Landscape gardening business (fully legal) and have had to take a course and pass a test
in order to obtain a license to purchase and use these and other related chemicals for gardening. As has been stated
there are severe health risks if you don`t have the correct equipment or know how to use safely and correctly!!

We live in Murcia and they have clamped down big time on suppliers selling to people without the correct license
The fines are huge if you are found with more than the law states

Don`t shoot the messenger

Regards Dave
Still living the dream after 20 years

KJH3

It is just off the motorway on the Arboleas to albox road next to mora oil. They sell various sizes and he will give you instructions to dilute.

swithin

Where exactly is the Armeria please, I do not know the area well. Also will they sell 1-5 litres or just 10mil bottles?

Cuidarbol

If you keep pets/kids indoors until the spraying has been done and the weed killer has had time to dry there should be no problems. Avoid inhalation when spaying, contact with the wet plants/weeds and store weed killer bottle out of the reach of children.

Pure glyphosate is low in toxicity, but products usually contain other ingredients that help the glyphosate get into the plants. The other ingredients in the product can make the product more toxic. Products containing glyphosate may cause eye or skin irritation. People who breathed in spray mist from products containing glyphosate felt irritation in their nose and throat. Swallowing products with glyphosate can cause increased saliva, burns in the mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Fatalities have been reported in cases of intentional ingestion.

Pets may be at risk if they touch or eat plants that are still wet with spray from products containing glyphosate. Animals exposed to products with glyphosate may drool, vomit, have diarrhea, lose their appetite, or seem sleepy.

Queen Clare Shirley

is it safe for animals and kids?
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

KJH3

The above post is correct and they are very helpful. if you must have the brand product its available at the garden centre the other side of Galasa in Antas

Cuidarbol

Glyphosate is the active chemical ingredient in the herbicide Roundup.
You can buy it in the Armeria next to the Mora Oil petrol station in Arboleas.

Mickey

Does anyone know where I can get this or the Spanish equivalent  :c017:
Mickey