kodi box (Android)

Started by stean, March 10, 2017, 08:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

Sandbag I will reply to the pm you sent me on this subject.

Regards Andy

Sandbag

Hi. Help needed for my XBMC Box i purchased in 2014 from Juggling Frogs.... I just did a factory Reset and now there is no reference numbers showing on the  local Version or Remote version. so I get error message cannot update, same of i press Quick Fix or Restore..... How to fix this please. Keep it simple I am not a whiz kid with this box....  Thank you .. Sandbag....

sat

Quote from: stean on March 10, 2017, 08:32:44 AM
As reported in the press today the Premier League have won a case to ban kodi android boxes playing football matches by apparently shutting down there servers. How will this effect us in Spain.

If you read all the articles on this, then it is not actually " the Premier League have won a case to ban kodi android boxes playing football matches by apparently shutting down there servers". It is a legal instruction to make UK ISPs block pirated feeds used by Kodi addons, and shut down any servers hosting such material, if those servers are on the ISPs systems.
It should not affect Spain, as the UK ISPs do not operate in Spain, this UK law does not apply to Spain, and most of the addons that provide the streams are not based in the UK anyway.

oldbirchy

Kodi doesn't have any servers it is a media centre app.
It runs on virtually any computer ie android, windows, Linux, apple raspberry pi etc
So as such, kodi the program doesn't really access any thing unless you ask it to.
It is the add ons within kodi that access the various servers that allow us to watch live sports. The kodi team disassociates itself from any such add ons.
I have no idea how many servers there are or where they are located but my guess is that it would be incredibly difficult to shut them all down but that is just a guess!

Regards Andy

stean

As reported in the press today the Premier League have won a case to ban kodi android boxes playing football matches by apparently shutting down there servers. How will this effect us in Spain.