Racing Legends Valencia

Started by markandkaren, March 07, 2017, 19:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Yes Denia is deffo worth a look,ive got a few projects on the go at the min,but would deffo like to build a Benneli four up,plus the Spanish made 250 duk is i nice little peice of kit but the prices is clime ing now.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

markandkaren

tets, i was chatting to a "mature" chap in leathers and it turns out he was a racer on the TT. He was at Valencia riding a bike for the organiser of the Denia Classics. He rides this guys Ossa monocoque 250 at Denia. i only remember his first name was Roger. i'm definitely going to Denia this year even if we have visitors like last year.  :)

i wonder if the guy on the you-tube video knows that its only a demonstration. he seems to be overtaking everyone in front of him!

Tetley

Sounds like a grand day out,i fink there are a few street racing events here and there,the Denia meet up is nice but there are others as well,i used to luv the Manx GP watching the Brit & Italian Iron fly past,a chap at Denia this year had a couple of Bennelies wonderful,sadly tho now a lot of small work in the shed collectors,builders,riders have been priced out of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9quBN01oQ
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

markandkaren

I went last weekend to the Racing Legends in Valencia for the second time and i cant recommend it highly enough to the petrol heads here. Racing bikes (and cars) from the yester-years. The atmosphere is so laid back you're tripping over NS500/250's, RGV500's and TZ's being prepped. This year the racing celeb was Marco Lucchinelli. Not on my list to see but still a legend. Popped into the toilets and who do i see? Lucky Luchinelli and Fast Freddie chatting! Not many chances of that happening anywhere. Obviously i played it cool. Turns out Freddie decided to appear unannounced as The Discovery Channel where following him around for an episode. Managed to creep myself into the garage where his NS500 was being prepped, got chatting to the father and son owners and ended up holding the NS steady while they put the paddock stands on. That's like strumming Jimi Hendrix's guitar!  The smell alone of racing two-smokes and the brapp brapp of MV Agusta's and such like was in itself worth the four hour drive. Holiday Inn Bonaire is 15 mins drive from the track and prices are really good as its just a normal day (unlike motogp days). The hotel is right next to the Bonaire Shopping Centre to appease the partners which is usually the most expensive part of the trip, and of course the city centre of Valencia itself is just a 30 minute bus ride away. Hope to see some of you there on the next one.   Mark