Garden Rubbish left at the Los Carrascos Bins.

Started by jayndee, March 02, 2017, 14:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artie

....and "TERROR IN LONDON", so our priorities aren't much different here then?

Karen4

Cl3880

byrney

Picky, picky as ever - I bow to your superior command of the English language.

Karen4

Cl3880

byrney

Final post on this Karen - I just don't understand your logic.

Surely, a Spanish-owned car is far easier to track than a hire car - especially as it will obviously be local to the area?

johnhc

Several posts have suggested moving the bins will solve the problem. Not true - rubbish will continue to be dumped at this spot. There is plenty enough room to get cars and trailers and even small lorries off the road and deposit their rubbish there. Moving the bins will just give them more room. The spot is not close to any villas so is not really overlooked. The only answer/deterrent is a camera. What that would cost and who would pay for it I haven't a clue, but I don't see any other workable solution. Once caught the culprits should be prosecuted and heavily fined, perhaps in time that would fund the camera.

Karen4

That's what I'm saying - a hire car implies someone round here has a holiday home and has been doing a bit of a clear out, so they are "local" culprits. The thing about hire cars is that it is very easy to trace the person who hired them. They were a bit rattled and drove at a rate of knots to get away, oops, too late!
Cl3880

byrney

"If you're going to dump stuff don't do it in a hire car as it's very easy for the police to trace you and have a wee word, especially if the person who saw you has a dash cam fitted..."

Thought it might be easier for them to "have a wee word" with the "local" culprits.

Maybe a rota system could be set up with you motorists and cyclists with dash cams to catch the culprits and pass the info on? 

Karen4

If you're going to dump stuff don't do it in a hire car as it's very easy for the police to trace you and have a wee word, especially if the person who saw you has a dash cam fitted....
Cl3880

sherbert

A very big thank you to the Town hall for clearing away the total eyesore of rubbish today.
Also a very big thank you to every one living here !!!!! Because its part of YOUR IBI, that has paid for this.
I just hope that the person who originally could not make the journey to the tip,to dump their rubbish reads this, and maybe feels guilty !!!!
OK i live in hope !!
Regards   :NIGHT_1:

nibbler

Perhaps Roger could answer this. Do the Spanish complain about all of these rubbish problems?
Nibbler

Greggers

Signs won't do anything, a cctv camera is the only way forward and a hefty fine for anyone caught by it.

suzuki

Cup half full Stig,cup half full.We can live in hope's.
GEM

Karen4

It would probably be useful to put up some highly visible, multi-lingual signs so that offenders are in no doubt as to the illegality of their actions. 
Cl3880

guest21828

The pile of rubbish and all of the other items thrown down behind the bins has been cleared by the Town Hall. I was passing there today and stopped to talk with the two Town Hall workers that were clearing the rubbish. They were obviously very unhappy with the situation as the rubbish should not have been dumped there in the first place and consequently left for them to remove. They have done a very good job clearing the rubbish but they could been doing something else that is needed instead of wasting time and money caused by selfish people in our community. I hope that this area can now be kept free from dumped rubbish but it is more than likely that the selfish people in our community will just see an area to litter once again.   

Karen4

Cl3880

suzuki

Thanks for the reply Rach.I've only just seen this so was not ignoring your reply and would have been unable to do much until the weekend anyway.But,hay ho,no need now as the powers that be have beaten us to it and done the deed.Thankyou to those concerned,much nicer.
    Don't think it matters a lot where the bins are installed really,although next to a bank is not the best place.The problem lay's squarely with the scanky lazy no good muppets that show no respect whatsoever for our area.As long as it's outa the way for them.Until this attitude is curbed we'll continue to have the problem.I've pumped the tyres up on little trailer and am all ready for the next lot,I'll shout out if I need a hand,it might even become a local social event if we can arrange a cuppa to go with it. :08:
GEM

Karen4

It would help if the people who live in the Los Torres area would request more bins from the consorcio as a great number seem to wait till they're driving through Los Carrascos before deciding to fill the bins there! Just get onto the consorcio people and get a few more bins, people!
Cl3880

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on March 22, 2017, 10:52:44 AM
The bins are for domestic refuse and should be within a walking distance from the houses which are registered for rubbish collection.
Therefore not by the Punto Limpio.
These are Consorcio regs.
But we are looking into changing the whole system.

Well Done Rog ,get the bxggers Organised  :grin:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

The bins are for domestic refuse and should be within a walking distance from the houses which are registered for rubbish collection.
Therefore not by the Punto Limpio.
These are Consorcio regs.
But we are looking into changing the whole system.

Tetley

Fing is.....move the bins....move the problem....it looks a shxt hole even when its tidy,just stick the bins nr  stigs dump,job done.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jayndee

Thank you ROGER and the Town hall I am sure you have arranged the clearance of this rubbish. It has now gone.

PhillipJLloyd

Perhap's if everyone clears the rubbish up, the Town Hall might give you some money back ?? :72:

stuartandmaureen

Trev

I am surprised that only Suzuki & Rach kindly offered their time to help clear the rubbish,  maybe it isn't such a big problem after all?

Realred

Sorry Karen. Wishful thinking on my part obviously, but they were definitely taking photo's so hopefully something may come of it.

Karen4

The rubbish, including tyres and toilet, was still there well after midnight last night.
Cl3880

guest21828

I have just read your post Realred and it is good news to hear this mess has been cleared, what concerns me is the fact it has taken a lorry and two men to clear this dumped rubbish. Why don't these people that are dumping rubbish realize that by their actions they are ruining our area, breaking the law, also costing themselves and everyone else for the clearing of the rubbish.

Realred

You may not have to clean it up as it may already have been done. We passed late this afternoon and there were two people with a large Consorcio wagon by the bins. They also appeared to be taking photographs of the mess. Here's hoping for all the responsible residents on the estate.

Rach

Hi Suzuki. I'll lend a hand to clean up the mess.  The recycling centre is closed tomorrow so are you free Thursday or Friday morning?  Early is good for me after dropping my son off at school at 9am.  Any other volunteers?

suzuki

Yep.I'm up for that.Only got a little trailer but with a bit of effort a few of us could have it done in no time.Hands up folks. :PDT_Armataz_01_37:
GEM

Trev

Quote from: jayndee on March 20, 2017, 10:36:35 AM
Roger as you have commented on this subject, you are obviously well aware of the residents disgust on the matter. I started this post on the 2nd March. Both you and the Mayor drive passed regularly and have seen the rubbish  pile grow. It is NOT your fault but enough is enough. The Town Hall must have this rubbish removed. It is not right that decent residents have to put up with this site.
It is not a good advert for Arboleas.  Please Roger let us have some action  TODAY> Thank you.

How about taking a more positive approach and getting together to remove the rubbish?
not saying it is ideal, just a thought.

sallyb

It would also help if we got back our full complement of police, we only have one on at a time so they don't have time to make patrols
Phyll

Karen4

Cl3880

hornet

As most people use these bins whilst driving to and from Arboleas why not reposition them up by the tip?