Recommend a TV system

Started by restoration man, February 26, 2017, 16:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinC

Elgin

If you want Sky Movies channels without using the internet then you will have to use a Sky system with a 1.9m (or bigger!) dish (there is a system offerred using smaller dishes but you pay extra fees and  .  Even then if you want to use Sky On Demand you will still need to use the internet (but you must do this via a VPN).  However, when using Sky ON Demand movies are downloaded not streamed so once they are downloaded (or part downloaded) they run smoothly.

KJH3

I dont have any problems with Android, just make sure you have a good enough internet supply. Pay little, get little. I watch all English channels including all BT Sports, Sky Sports and films. Plus on android you can watch ALL box sets of past programmes and films.

bagwash

pardon my ignorance  but what is an "open box"

templemanw

open box     is fantastic   get all sky and normal tv

Dave and Sue

We have a Amazon Dingle stick "firestick" wizardry thingy !!!
we are computer idiots an not good with technology and we have tried various android boxes etc all
without success!! We have found this so easy to use and have had no problems at all

Sure the boffins will disagree but from personal experience its the "Rovers gonads"

IMHO  Regards Dave   :PDT_Armataz_01_37:
Still living the dream after 20 years

Essex Girl

Get a 1.9 + dish!  Don't rely on the internet!
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

restoration man

Can anyone recommend a reliable TV system with all basic channels including +1, Freeview channels and Sky movies which does not use Internet.  Lost signal most of last night and today right at the start of the England/Italy Rugby Six Nations,  :c002: :38: ironically only on ITV1 channel most of the others seem to be OK.....