Average drive time from Alicante airport to Arboles

Started by sparkiemike, February 25, 2017, 07:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

The N332 Facebook page is very informative, and they are very responsive to questions asked either on the public page or in private messaging. For example, there has been a lot of debate about whether or not dash cams are legal....the N332 response is that they are entirely legal and are, in fact, very useful when it comes to looking at evidence of RTAs.
Cl3880

byrney

Since my earlier post I have managed to find information on the article to whch I was referring in the Euro Weekly.

Here is a link to the webpage on the N322.es website which advises what is/isn't legal - http://n332.es/2016/02/03/using-radar-detectors/

Basically, it is as I thought - that Tom Toms giving the location of fixed cameras are legal.

Incidentally, the website is quite an eye-opener and does dispel a lot of "Urban Myths" about driving in Spain which are regularly bandied about the local bars from our "driving experts"......

Rod

As far as I am aware fixed camera alerts are OK. They put up warning signs on the motorway for some of them so don't see the problem.

byrney

I seem to recall an article in the Euro Weekly not so long ago which clarified the position so far as the Guardia are concerned.

I am sure that it said that Tom Toms etc are legal - even those with the facility to identify fixed position cameras.

I believe the illegal bit relates to those which are abale to scan the locality for police cars.

Maybe someone can recall the article and give the correct information?

sparkiemike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Lorraine

I thought that was illegal Rod? Not certain, just curious

Rod

Get a TomTom with traffic camera alerts, could save you a lot of money.

gus-lopez

Quote from: Elgin on February 26, 2017, 14:22:55 PM
Quote from: gus-lopez on February 25, 2017, 20:36:37 PM

additionally , for those that don't already know, the overhead gantry signs that state
" Velocidad controlado por radar" followed by the 120kph sign have cameras on the back. They have them both sides of the Nueva Condimina aproaches.
Also at the interchange at Murcia past the orange factory that is all 80kph in both directions,controlled by cameras as well.

Not necessarily, there is one (illuminated sign) on the A92 about 10 mile east of Granada but the camera is on the ground about a mile further on (it catches a lot of people out!)

I was only talking about up here . I try never to go down there. :grin:

Elgin

Quote from: gus-lopez on February 25, 2017, 20:36:37 PM

additionally , for those that don't already know, the overhead gantry signs that state
" Velocidad controlado por radar" followed by the 120kph sign have cameras on the back. They have them both sides of the Nueva Condimina aproaches.
Also at the interchange at Murcia past the orange factory that is all 80kph in both directions,controlled by cameras as well.

Not necessarily, there is one (illuminated sign) on the A92 about 10 mile east of Granada but the camera is on the ground about a mile further on (it catches a lot of people out!)

Tetley

2 hours

Any way fly now campers wile yer can,Mr Oleary says he has to re do his uk/EU  air space deals after brexit,and flights could be less and more money....... :great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjiNROf_U4Y  lifes a gas......T Rex  enjoy  mi luvlies   :grin:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

sparkiemike

Karen4

Quote from: byrney on February 25, 2017, 22:51:06 PM
Sorry K4, thought you were perfect.

I never said that I don't stick to the speed limits.

That's just your interpretation of my post.
:13: Well then I confess I have no idea what you mean by "Afraid not many of us will meet you in your heaven" but one of the reasons I DON'T speed is because I'm hoping not to get there in the foreseeable future!  :great:
Cl3880

byrney

Sorry K4, thought you were perfect.

I never said that I don't stick to the speed limits.

That's just your interpretation of my post.

StellaL

It normally takes 2 hrs 10 mins to Cantoria. Obviously depends on the time of day, but that is our average time and is done within the speed limits.
Stella

Karen4

Well nobody's perfect Byrney, but why wouldn't you try to ensure you stick to the speed limits? This seems to come up time and time again on here. It's not being "perfect" to stick to the limits, is it? Speed kills, and leaves a dreadful mess in more ways than one. Also I don't want to pay a huge fine for being stupid, careless and thoughtless, and I prefer not to subsidise the GC if I can avoid it.
Oh yes, and if you're going to speed on the roads, keep well away from me please!
Cl3880

byrney

"Alternatively just make sure you always stick to the limits everywhere and keep your money in your own pocket!" - ah, Karen, we all so aspire to be a perfect as you.

Afraid not many of us will meet you in your Heaven.... :cry:

gus-lopez

Quote from: telcaz on February 25, 2017, 18:40:30 PM
The speed limit through the Tunnel at Lorca is 80 km, average speed cameras at each end of the Tunnel.
                                                                                                           Terry.
Yes the limit is 80 BUT northbound the camera isn't at the tunnel end but about 500m after on the overhead gantry 100m meters before the 100kph signs. On the southbound the start of the 80 limit is sigfned about 500m before the tunnel entrance.

telcaz

The speed limit through the Tunnel at Lorca is 80 km, average speed cameras at each end of the Tunnel.
                                                                                                           Terry.

Karen4

Alternatively just make sure you always stick to the limits everywhere and keep your money in your own pocket!
Cl3880

cliffkingfish

Make sure you stick to the 100 limit through Lorca CAMERAS will get you if your not inside the limit.

Elgin

However, if there are accidents it can take longer.  Yesterday there were two accidents on the route with the motorway completely closed around Orihuela.  Apparently Alicante to Mojácar took over 4 hours!

Duffs

Normally 2 hours, sometimes a little quicker and that's keeping to all the limits including those 100k ones near Lorca.

Fishery

sparkiemike

sledgehammer

I always allow 2 hrs but it usually takes 1hr 50min everytime.

sparkiemike