Jets over head

Started by LittleRichard, February 23, 2017, 15:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kc97

The jets last week, low flying were: 2x F16's Greek Air Force, 2x Rafael French Air Force, 2x Mirage 4's French Air Force and 2x AV8's (basically the Harrier) supplied to Spanish Navy via the USA. All we're  taking part in the Tactical Leadership Promgramme (TLP) at Albacete Air Base. Senior pilots from NATO members train to get the best from the various resources available from the numerous aircraft types operating under the NATO banner. It is rare for them to operate at low level, the normally wiz around high up leaving the contrails for all to see. THe courses occurs 3-4 times a year.
Yep I'm an anorak!

elliymob

Two years ago they came over us with a sonic boom the Windows rattled and a large patch of plaster fell off the kitchen ceiling , been around again very low you could make out all the details . Used to watch them regular from above in the cairngorms , they would be up the valley at what looked like heather height and out the top before you heard them !

:You_Rock_Emoticon:  JET NOISE THE SOUND OF FREEDOM      :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Graham2k

I love low flying jets. Go to YouTube and search MACH LOOP. Amazing

Angleseyite

Quote from: Hogs on February 24, 2017, 23:17:47 PM
Anglesyeyite

Thanks for that info I will make it a point to visit next time I'm in the area ! Don't suppose you know if Jones the Steam is still the Ivors Driver, 'spect he'll be getting a bit old now but would be nice to shake hands with a Legend !

Hogsy  :great:

Just for you, Jones is still there but grey haired now.

https://youtu.be/OKBDQomk6YM

Angleseyite

Quote from: Hogs on February 23, 2017, 23:09:45 PM
Quote from: Angleseyite on February 23, 2017, 17:49:20 PM
Quote from: webejamin on February 23, 2017, 17:23:32 PM
I often stopped on the way to Holyhead, to watch those planes Angleseyite, if that's the name of the valley on the A5 out that way?
Yes it is, it is the old historical route from Holyhead (Caergybi in Welsh) to London. They also practiced bombing runs on the other side of the mountains, near to Blaenau Ffestiniog.  :sign0098:

Blaenau Ffestiniog, Is that where Ivor the Engine came from?

https://youtu.be/fDWk0BCeblQ

Hogsy

Well there is the Ffestiniog narrow gauge railway, originally used for transporting slate to Porthmadog. Now its a well run tourist attraction and worth a visit. I don't think Ifor  the engine runs every day though. But there are some good coal and oil fired engines still running.  :sign0098:

Iberlynx

I saw an Armada Harrier, Typhoon and 2 Mirages presumably French

carolpadbury

I saw the jets, they were amazing and the noise was frightening.  At one point on of them was behind a small white aircraft as if it was following it.

twojaysalmeria

Crikey, that's brought back some memories! Trotting a dry fly down a Snowdonia stream, hanging onto a tree trunk to lean out and watch the bait, a Harrier (I think) flew overhead fast and low and caused me to panic, lose my grip, and fall spectacularly into the blooming cold water. No warm clothes in the tent, either...

Love, love, LOVE that part of Britain.

Skol

The people in the Falklands complain when the jets don't fly over for a while.
Think about it.

Eddie

The lower and faster the better. I love them

gus-lopez

Even in Devon on the way from Kingsbridge back to the A38 you would actually get them below you in the valley. & it isn't just in Albox either they have been over us as well all afternoon. At least we haven't had the pleasure of them going supersonic lately.

Angleseyite

Quote from: webejamin on February 23, 2017, 17:23:32 PM
I often stopped on the way to Holyhead, to watch those planes Angleseyite, if that's the name of the valley on the A5 out that way?
Yes it is, it is the old historical route from Holyhead (Caergybi in Welsh) to London. They also practiced bombing runs on the other side of the mountains, near to Blaenau Ffestiniog.  :sign0098:

webejamin

Angleseyite

You want to go through Snowdonia and the Ogwen valley, they are at road level going down the valley.  :c029:

byrney

Not been up Cumbria recently Gingernut?  They used to fly very low through the valleys.

gingernut

Really 
jets over head that's another difference between here and the UK they wouldn't be allowed to fly that low.

jenny911

I just love them, miss the Air Shows over here,

byrney

Let's hope they disperse these clouds eh?......

LittleRichard

The Spanish air force are flying jets over Albox again.
one was so low i could wave

Boy they are fast and loud, our dog hates them

VIVA ESPAÑA