Los Colorados bar

Started by Lancashire lad, February 23, 2017, 11:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnJones

It's a good bar, never had a problem there and always made welcome. All bars at risk of those people, and yes they are the scum of the earth. Challenge them every time. There is no excuses for carrying on like that in front of children and they make the rest of us look terrible, so challenge them every time.

Lancashire lad

Quote from: Jay on February 27, 2017, 12:57:15 PM
What is so disapointing reading this thread is that the bar is getting the battering not the people who frequent it.  You get foul mouthed people from all countries the only difference is for the main part you have no idea they are swearing so it does not offend you. Brit establishments are not unique where language is concerned but so many people are acting as if Brit expats are the scum of the earth, give us a break please.

Nobody has said anything against the bar, my observation was the English Gents inside the bar thought it was acceptable to use the F word in front of my 8 year old, 12 year old and my Missus, Sorry but it's NOT

luke

i also go to the bar,the guys are nice never known a problem,also maybe it could have been holiday makers.but im sure if you had asked them not to swear.they wouldnt.

Angieh

I frequent this bar on a daily basis , late afternoon and have never had any issues as encountered by the original poster.
The bar is well run by Spanish ladies and there is a good welcome for all nationalities. I am sorry you had a bad experience Lancashire lad but don't give up on it just yet

Jay

What is so disapointing reading this thread is that the bar is getting the battering not the people who frequent it.  You get foul mouthed people from all countries the only difference is for the main part you have no idea they are swearing so it does not offend you. Brit establishments are not unique where language is concerned but so many people are acting as if Brit expats are the scum of the earth, give us a break please.

Karen4

I gather it has really always been the Bar Colorados but just became known by the English as the Sprite bar because of a sign with Sprite lemonade there!
Cl3880

sallyb

Thank you Karen didn't know the Sprite bar had changed names.
Phyll

Karen4

Through Los Carrascos, on out the Arroyo Aceituno for a few kms until you get to the hamlet of Los Colorados. The bar is there on the left, it used to be known as the Sprite Bar.
Cl3880

Lancashire lad

The bar is up the road on a hill!

Tetley

Apparently they have a good duck do there once a month,if you can find the bar .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

sallyb

Still no answer as to where this bar is
Phyll

byrney

Not a clue where this bar is.

Maybe someone could educate us so we can avoid yet another "English" bar........

Lancashire lad

It was my first time at the bar as I have just bought a house near by. I will call in again no doubt.

PuffTheMagicDragon

I've been in the bar at Los Colorados a few times, enjoyed it very much and never come across anyone like you describe, Lancashire Lad, hopefully your experience was a one off?

Puff

ajc

normally its foul mouth and wearing dirty old cap sleeve Tshirts talking about the next big building project they are undertaking

sallyb

Phyll

Tetley

Quote from: luke on February 25, 2017, 12:21:42 PM
i must admit no need when children are about.

not sure on that one as a could act as a warning to the kids,that if they dont try hard at school,they could spend the rst of there days around people with lower social skills F  ing & blinding,wich is fine in a workshop envoiroment but not so cleaver if yer having tea at Ramseys in London .

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

KJH3

Same as the bar opposite Mercadona on the Lepanto road. Some nice people meet there but you can get the foul mouthed English there too. The same with the two bars on the Rambla front in Arboleas especially in summer months. Sat outside giving everyone a running commentary on how much money they have made, how much their property is worth, how they ripped people off and avoided paying their taxes over the years. Of course all carried out at the top of their voices, it makes you wonder if some people from a certain part of England know how to turn the volume down. When i have challenged the foul mouths i have been told its the language of "today" and get a life. As you say makes you proud to be English

luke

i must admit no need when children are about.

Lancashire lad

Think the Bar is nice, Just unfortunately some of the UK clients should know better when ladies and Children are present, Perhaps I'm old fashioned or out of touch.

squid

Never had a problem with this  good little bar its really come on since I first came here 5 years ago,the girls that run it now have done wonders with the food and service and it serves our little community here very well,i think in any bar anywhere in the world your going to get the odd few who have no consideration for other people that's life I am afraid,sometimes first impressions are not the true picture,

Karen4

Cl3880

BobL

Totally with the above posts. Was filling up at a fuente and had all 5 spigots when a couple arrived. We vacated first one and then a second and with that the wife said 'thankyou'. 'Oh you're Brits' we exclaimed!!! There was an uncomfortable pause and then the husband exclaimed, 'we prefer people to think we are German'

Tetley

This is why i just socalise on here,instead of the real world....with a 22c beer   :grin:

,however dont be to hard on us,

when i turned up here 17 years ago,knowbody said anything to anybody as they were either Bank Robbers,CID, or Yugo war crimes,so we have evollved a little over the years ... :welcome:

Lancashire lad

Just thought I 'd Say what a pleasure it was to nip into the Bar on my recent visit. Thank you to the most obnoxious and foul mouthed 50 plus year old expats whose conversation in front of my Wife and 2 kids was full of expletives, these two should know better and they probably have their own Grand kids!
Thank fully we went to sit outside on the terrace to avoid their ramblings, Really does make you proud to be British .... Dos beers por favor!