One for Mancunian Chums !

Started by Hogs, February 23, 2017, 09:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo-JoB

Not quite sure how this is money saving? The cost of the Taxi is fine, but if the fire fighters are getting back to stations 2 hours late because no transport is available, that means 3 firemen and 1 officer are getting 2 maybe 3 hours overtime sounds like a stupid state of affairs.

I served with GMCFS and change over at ongoing incidents was usually completed in 30 mins. our control would mobilise the on coming watch at roll call, so by the time off going watch had returned to station and cleaned their gear, they would get an Hour overtime.

So approx £200 per appliance per overtime hour.

So now if they are returning 2/3 hours late with cleaning time etc added you're looking at £600 per appliance. I fail to see how that is a significant saving??

The brigade did not have to buy new vehicles, they already had them, they sold them off to recoup money.

It matters not what Government is in power, they all don't want to spend money on any emergency service!!

BassBunny

Yep, it's been Labour run for as long as I can remember. Certainly the last 20 years.

We need HS2 like a hole in the head. The only people who will be able to afford to use it are the ones who are campaigning to build it.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

PhillipJLloyd

Sums up policy, spend on HS2 or essential services.
Again where's the common sense ??

Hogs

So whats gone wrong with the much lauded 'Great Northern Power House' !

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/firefighters-forced-catch-taxis-huge-12638826

I presume that the Metropolitan Authority is Tory run ?

And today launches the great HS2 Line bidding process ! I see now why we need this vanity project ! Its to ship Firefighters speedily up and down from Manchester cos they ain't got no Appliances across the UK!

Hogsy  :great: