birds arrival

Started by freddie, February 22, 2017, 20:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbothescot

I noticed last week that the storks are back on top of the Lerma silos just South of Burgos. I love keeping an eye out for them when I`m going up and down the road, next thing will be the babies heads popping above the nest.
Jimbo The Scot Removals
Gonar, Almeria, Spain
Tel  Mob 771080170(Jimbo) or 711093912 (Ali)
UK mob 0044 7985 762606
www.jimbothescot.com or e-mail jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk
For a friendly efficient removals service.

freddie

Lucky you, still no sign of ours coming back, lot of people say we are mad to have them nesting here but we love seeing them and a bit of clearing up birdie doo every couple of days is a small price to pay for watching them.

twojaysalmeria

Quick update - had red-rumped swallows 3 days ago and one lonely looking House Martin this morning.

Feels like Spring !

twojaysalmeria

Having watched the annual migration across the Med from Africa over the last 15 years or so, I've noticed that severe or atypical weather can change the arrival dates of key species radically.

Having said that, we have had several Great Spotted Cuckoos here in Arboleas, zooming around being chased by the magpies for at least a week now, so they managed to get here okay.

Nature's great, but you can't always figure it out, I guess.....

BobL

We have Martins down here in Mojacar but know what you mean. Think these are resident Crag & Sand Martins. We have a pair that return to a ground floor corridor to nest but no sign as yet.
BobL

freddie

has anyone had their martins arrive this year, for the past few years they have arrived on or around the 4th feb, no sign of them yet, anyone know why .