Model yacht pond , lake ?

Started by elliymob, February 21, 2017, 18:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliymob

The first yr we were here my wife wanted to go to midnight mass on Xmas eve , she decided this at 11.30 pm , so off we went to find a church , such a religious country no bother , all shut ?

The pope  CEO was doing his gig in Rome , but here the staff were not in the office ?

Now I know that the 5 Jan is the big day here but if the boss is in then the shop should be open . We eventually went home and watched it live on the BBC from London .

But it is still better here than in the asylum we know as the UK , even the late Bernard Mathews never got his turkeys to agree with Xmas my be if he'd had that turkey with the blond mop they would have voted that way .

Tetley

Morning Hogs,turned out nice again this end.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Quote from: elliymob on February 27, 2017, 22:28:04 PM
Calmed down to the canal lake this morning spoke to a guy the best I could and he was not really up for sharing even in their off times if we understood each other that is even Spanish is ok with no , no,

A bit more of a dictator than a modernist eh ?

Your just going to have to re adjust,most of us have had all sorts of hobbys thwarted ,ie motorcykles,classic cars, kit cars ,car trailors,caravans,speed boat,s,fresh water fishing  that have all hit the red tape wall,

still its not all bad as the freedoms on the above that the uk still has....still ( only just ) makes it worth wile holding  a Brit passport.....

onwards & upwards

( apparently there is a new laws thas coming in,making the selling of 2nd hand car parts illigal.....unless your a registered breakers yard ! ie no more SP E bay sales )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

elliymob

Calmed down to the canal lake this morning spoke to a guy the best I could and he was not really up for sharing even in their off times if we understood each other that is even Spanish is ok with no , no,

A bit more of a dictator than a modernist eh ?

Tetley

Quote from: elliymob on February 26, 2017, 17:14:13 PM
This may be off topic now , BUT

I find Spain very anti most hobbies , causing maximum disruption through over restriction and licensing , I.e fishing . Different licence for trout , course , sea beach and sea boat all non transferable outside the region issued . In the uk sea fishing is open to all hence the crab lines etc so entangled with childhood days out but banned. Target shooting , clay shooting all cover by exams in Spanish plus the licence . Boating , capt cert for anything above a rowing boat .

However beer and hookers freely available even on religious holidays  :91:  maybe I should take up a new hobby like cycling on the autovia as this seems to be very popular !

the best way to cope with it all,is to bear in mind, the fact that you are spending your hobby time in a young democrasey that was founded and manged from dictatorship

,once this is grasped you arrive at the point of" when in rome"

however it does still have plenty of pluses and most of us do manage to bumble our way through

,the other thing is.... unless there is a law against it,nothing is illigal so should you wish to hand glide up side down round Albox,the chances of commiting a traffic infraction could be limited.....

:))

elliymob

This may be off topic now , BUT

I find Spain very anti most hobbies , causing maximum disruption through over restriction and licensing , I.e fishing . Different licence for trout , course , sea beach and sea boat all non transferable outside the region issued . In the uk sea fishing is open to all hence the crab lines etc so entangled with childhood days out but banned. Target shooting , clay shooting all cover by exams in Spanish plus the licence . Boating , capt cert for anything above a rowing boat .

However beer and hookers freely available even on religious holidays  :91:  maybe I should take up a new hobby like cycling on the autovia as this seems to be very popular !

annef

There was wake-boarding going on at the rowing/lake below the reservoir this morning, plus other families visiting and using the BBQ area.  Be aware if you are tempted to make a visit, there are currently no loos, drinking water etc. etc. as the bar/showers etc. are all locked up and out of use.   However, the track at the far side of the lake, where the BBQ's are, has been newly levelled - possibly ready to lay tarmac, and water piping is being laid in the dry channel below the lake - so something is afoot !
We used to sail our dinghy on the lake for a 10 euro a day fee, with use of all the facilities and it was great for the grandchildren, but since the company which are operating the wake-boarding machine have taken over they have consistently refused us permission to do so, even when no-one is using the machinery - such a wasted resource.   :16:

elliymob

The link that hogs posts goes back to a thread that covers just that .

jimbothescot

Was that not the rowing lake for the Mediterranean Games in the year 2000 ?
Jimbo The Scot Removals
Gonar, Almeria, Spain
Tel  Mob 771080170(Jimbo) or 711093912 (Ali)
UK mob 0044 7985 762606
www.jimbothescot.com or e-mail jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk
For a friendly efficient removals service.

elliymob

http://www.wasawake.com/park/

It would appear from the link above that it's in use in the summer ? But this a out of party , bar , music etc plus the spectacular water sports all appear to be hush hush as I've been here 4 yrs and heard nothing , a business this size would surly advertise somewhere . They must have sorted the snakes out lol .

The Laguna is looking ok right now , shame as the canal is perfect .

sherbert

Went to the Cuevas del Almanzora reservoir early this year, completely deserted, must have once been a great water sport venue.
It consists of a vast area of good calm water with good access, ideal for model boats,I don,t know if its legal to use it, but all gates are open and no signs of
security etc?
As a retired keen radio controled model boat builder I would love to know how you get on.
These days I build static models, but could be tempted back onto the water.
regards
Sherbert

owdoggy

Quote from: elliymob on February 22, 2017, 13:30:30 PM
I had spotted this on Google but assumed it was a club or council as it looks organised and did not appear in any of the suggestions on here or by pm , has any one any knowledge ? As it looks perfect .

Steve

I know go and ask ! Their bound to speak English  :cry:
I haven't been for a few years now and there were no organised water sports then but there were some model boats. It's worth a trip up though just to see the place and the reservoir.

Doggy

elliymob

I had spotted this on Google but assumed it was a club or council as it looks organised and did not appear in any of the suggestions on here or by pm , has any one any knowledge ? As it looks perfect .

Steve

I know go and ask ! Their bound to speak English  :cry:

owdoggy

There is a water sports lake at Cuevas del Almanzora reservoir which could be just the job.
It's here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12dfeUJwhunyXLDkZ_j94pJGZgxY&usp=sharing

Good luck.

Doggy

Malcolm

elliymob

:86:, if only , remember the song " give me 40 acres an ill turn this rig around " at 1 m long a 10 X 5 pool is a no starter . I can't place the pond nr lidl in Vera but the pueblo Laguna is big enough but is is clean enough should a paddle be required ? Looks minging on Google Earth .

Cheers

Malcolm

There is what you could call a lake at Vera that might be OK. There are frogs and fish in it and I fell in it rescuing my stupid dog and survived. Go down the road opposite Lidle to the end and it's on the left.

elliymob

Hi I just wondered if there is a model yacht water or any where that it's allowed ? I looking for something within an hour of Arboleas .

Cheers