Unrealistic expectations?

Started by Roger, February 19, 2017, 19:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cbreze202

Roger,
You do well to remind everyone what has been done so far and from the point it started. If people want what they had in the UK then let them relocate back to the UK. Failing such a drastic move, everyone will just have to be patient and be mindful of the time, money and effort to improve our town.  As they say, everything comes to those that wait.

Cbreze202

John n Julie

Thanks for your reply Realred,
In answer to your comment " Don't worry I will not lose any sleep" due care and attention is required by all. I drove past there yesterday it is a bit precarious, but we must all take good care and diligence regarding traffic etc! I wish you well and have a good day.
Regards
John
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Realred

I hope you don't lose too much sleep over your reply when someone is seriously injured or WORSE when collecting their mail from that post box. Pinkie is quite correct, it is very much a safety issue as very few drivers take any notice of the speed limit signs and the Zebra crossing is on a blind bend in both directions. 

John n Julie

You voted for a political party, and a good choice may I add! and a good job they are doing!  I agree with what you are saying but they have enough on their plates, ie illegal houses etc! that need making legal. compared too some of the issues around here, if that's all you have to whinge about in comparison to others you are doing very well.
Bide your time it will happen, but in a priority stage it is nothing compared to others,, chill and let it do its course. It isn't the end of the world!!!!!
I mean this in a nice way but, lots of things are more important than a post box.
Regards
John. :c023:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

pinky

I did not know that when I voted for the mayor I also voted for roger .

yes it is a safety issue and I would have hoped that roger would have addressed the problem.being as you say an elected rep.!!!

Tetley

Quote from: pinky on March 08, 2017, 09:14:18 AM
before xmas 2016 I pleaded with roger to move the el chopo post box to a safer position.
it is leaning against a wall on a bend but STILL NO ACTION.

I don't think  that request is unrealistic.HAVE I TO GO ON BENDED KNEE?

You need to put your request,in writting,if its a safety issue send it registered post to the town hall Architect,Roger is only an elected rep.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

pinky

before xmas 2016 I pleaded with roger to move the el chopo post box to a safer position.
it is leaning against a wall on a bend but STILL NO ACTION.

I don't think  that request is unrealistic.HAVE I TO GO ON BENDED KNEE?

PhillipJLloyd

Just be careful and you don't make it too British !!

Monkee

This Town Hall have done a wonderful job,  with little money and little help from the Junta.  When we arrived 14 years ago, we had  dirt roads.  no mains water,  no mains electricity and as was stated, you had to go to the doctors at 6.00am to make an appointment. and also take an interpreter, when and if you got an appointment.   Trouble is today that the newbies want it all, just as in the UK.  This little village is a nice place to live, without the day to day hustle and bustle of the UK. Suits me and many of my friends fine.   People should not have come here if they do not like what they have.

casablanca

Quote from: freddie on February 20, 2017, 09:54:39 AM
I love it here and one of the reasons is that we are in Spain and here everything is Manana manana I often wonder what the Spanish folk who have lived their lives here must think when the foreigners want everything done yesterday in their lovely little village on our travels we often go through areas that are still "as they were" and wonder why people want to move here and create their own "little England " :kiss:

:13: I often wish I could turn back the clock or at least stop it!

Pickaxe

Quote from: Roger on February 20, 2017, 12:40:15 PM
Well it is probable that in 2 years time we will not have a vote and there will therefore be no Brtish councillors.
Yipee. I can turn off my computer and sit in the garden.

And because we will have no vote there will be no reason for the next team of totally Spanish councillors will give a @@@ for what we want.

the day you turn of your computer the queen will jump of the balcony

Roger

Well it is probable that in 2 years time we will not have a vote and there will therefore be no Brtish councillors.
Yipee. I can turn off my computer and sit in the garden.

And because we will have no vote there will be no reason for the next team of totally Spanish councillors will give a @@@ for what we want.

freddie

I love it here and one of the reasons is that we are in Spain and here everything is Manana manana I often wonder what the Spanish folk who have lived their lives here must think when the foreigners want everything done yesterday in their lovely little village on our travels we often go through areas that are still "as they were" and wonder why people want to move here and create their own "little England " :kiss:

Malcolm

Don't let them get you down Roger. I remember sitting outside the doctors at 5:30 and when Lazaro turned up he had 10 names on his list. Good job he knew me.

Roger

Unrealistic expectations?

A few people are continuing to criticise the Town Hall for what they see as a lack of action in several areas.
I do not know what they expect.
We are a small town of 3500 permanent residents with a very limited income from Council Tax. When I say a town, in the UK we would barely class as a village.
We are spending over 1 million euros each year on improving the infrastructure, which is more than the total we get in from Council Tax, but with so much to do it is totally impossible to get things done quicker.

Where do people suggest we find the money to do the work quicker?

Road improvements
We are doing work almost everywhere, Los Requenas, El Chopo, Los Garcias, Los Carrascos, El Rulador,  El Rincon, Limaria, Los Llanos, Los Higuerales.
The only way we can do a fraction of this work is by using teams of unemployed, who are semi skilled and do not work very fast. Usually half of a team will be middle aged women.
If we only did work in one area we would be criticised for ignoring other areas. I have already received questions asking why we are spending so much money in Los Carrascos.

I would remind people that when they moved into the area none of this work was even suggested or expected.
Now people want it all done yesterday.

Sewage connections
When we all bought our houses the builders had not installed sewage pipes in the side roads they built, or street lights or pavements, as they should have.
In many cases they did not even tarmac the roads, leaving it to the Council to pay for it.
Why did you not complain to your builder at the time, because pozos have been illegal for 20 years.

In some towns the householders have been told they will have to pay 20,000 euros to upgrade their roads to urban standard.
In Arboleas the Council is doing the work without charging the house owner.

When most of us came to Arboleas it was a rural back water with not a single sewage plant outside the town centre, with virtually no street lights, and pot holed roads.
To get an appointment to see the doctor you had to queue at 6am to get an appointment that day.
Things have changed a lot and they will continue to change, with a lot of projects to be carried out in the next 18 months.
From a starting point of a three and a half million debt less than 6 years ago I consider that we have made a lot of progress.
But I suppose that there will always be some who think they could do better, from behind their keyboard.