E111 Card invoice.....

Started by Tetley, February 14, 2017, 21:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Certainly nursing care is a bit different in Spain, although from what I read about the NHS you cannot always depend on it in the UK now with the extra pressure on staff.

However from experience I can say that if the family do not sit in (which is a Spanish thing that they want to do it) then the nurses step in a are very attentive.

As for the problem of distance from a main hospital, that is because we live in an out of the way part of a large country with low population density.
People often compare access to a main hospital in rural Almeria to an urban area in the UK.

zilnor

Hogsy,

My experience of Spanish hospitals  after a road traffic accident near Mojacar :

Huercal Ov could not stop internal bleeding ( I cracked three ribs which punctured my right lung) or deal with my head injury, so I was airlifted to Granada hospital for emergency surgery at mid-night. Could not fault the medical care which saved my life, but the nursing side was not quite as good as UK. Family are expected to help out, and my son's girlfriend slept in the chair next to my bed for three nights. My son slept in a chair next to my husband's bed in HO hospital. Rather like unpaid nursing staff !

Tetley

Quote from: Hogs on August 19, 2017, 18:44:27 PM
Ahhhh well if UK ExPats have to prove that they have private healthcare  then I suppose its only right that the UK are now going this route also with Brexit !

https://www.ft.com/content/b1c556d6-2048-11e7-a454-ab04428977f9

Likewise there's no social security in Spain for UK ExPats so a quick entitlement ammendment to the UK Benifits System will bring the UK into line with the EU way of dealing with people seeking UK Resident Status too would be a good thing I suppose.

And before anybody quotes the wonderful Medical staff from Spain proping up the NHS the facts say something a little diferent however.  Doctors from Spain in NHS Practices and Hospitals? 10% is the number.

And Spanish Nurses in the NHS ? Only 5% is the number of that group.

They may not be in the UK for the Benefit Handouts but at least in the UK they do get paid the salary in their contracts !

Oh as I by the by when my mate was rushed into HO Hospital with a subsequent diagnosis of a Brain Tumour his Wife had to be there to care for all his needs that weren't medical and also the same when he was transfered to Almeria for his Op, 100 plus Kms away.  The UK hospitals normally a bit closer to the Patient than that though!

Hogsy (Standing By for incoming!)

this is correct Hogs and its why the UK is the laffing stock  ie moaning abought EU Citizen Influxes when they could have controlled it all under section 7 of the EU rights citizen bit.....from day 1

now they have a mountain to climb ie sorting the 3 mill folks plus rights out for EU  cits that might or might not have been complying with section 7,so it is probably best the UK  just walks as the citizens bits will probably take the UK 100 years to sort lol
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Quote from: Popski on August 19, 2017, 17:58:04 PM
There seems to be a lot of people living here that use the EHIC cards to get treatment free.

They may have been living here for ages but surely they can't have residencia.

We had to prove we had Private Health Care to gain Residency.

this may help explain residency for current eu citizens through out the current 28 states

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo_DDXhbN1U  ( 1 to 2 mins into the clip )

and also what lead to the current postion the UK finds its self in,by allowing everybody IN,that werent self surficent with private medical......BEFOR they issued uk NI numbers.....very very diffrent to the Spanish model of NIE number issue.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Popski

There seems to be a lot of people living here that use the EHIC cards to get treatment free.

They may have been living here for ages but surely they can't have residencia.

We had to prove we had Private Health Care to gain Residency.

Tetley

Intresting stuff,

the E111 at the mo could  possible be down to how diffrent medical types are interpreting the rules at the mo with the uk giving notice were eu...off

i was suprised at the persons post on FB  were they said the uk told them to pay it then re claim it,thats going to be a right pain for holiday makers IF  it becomes the norm.

hey ho .

fidgetmidget

Quote from: Tetley on August 19, 2017, 11:00:49 AM
Quote from: fidgetmidget on August 19, 2017, 10:36:03 AM
Before I was a resident of Spain but living here, just, I broke my foot on a visit to Valencia, I used my EHIC and got full treatment and six months of follow up and rehab. Was unable to walk for 12 weeks, wheelchair bound. The only thing they didn't do was transfer me from University la Fa to a local hospital by ambulance, I had to travel in the back of my dads car. I wasn't asked for or invoiced a penny. I didn't have travel insurance.
FM

just out of intrest was this in the past few months or a wile back.

Hi Tets
It was a while back but my friend in May this year fell ill in Benidorm and was rushed to hospital where they were going to fit a pacemaker, she had left her EHIC in another handbag at home in error. She had to call her son who copied and faxed it over then he had to call the NHS each day and they faxed through authorisation for treatment every 3 days.
Fm
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

byrney

"Hi, we have friends living here since mid last year and no Medical cover for them or children. Just using EHIC & brit vehicle."

Correct Bob.  We all know of people who are flying by the seats of their pants and they will be the ones who will bleat when they get caught out.

But, at the end of the day, if that is how they want to live their lives then so be it.  I personally wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

BobL

Hi, we have friends living here since mid last year and no Medical cover for them or children. Just using EHIC & brit vehicle. This is one example of a number we know of and have known of. It's how the rules/ regulations are applied/ enforced. Our relative required to take Passport &'EHIC back to Hospital admin together with the form issued by the Urgencias, and the member of Staff didn't know what she was talking about. A fellow patient sorted it out. Peanuts & monkeys spring to mind. Another well known local resident running a business here semi-legally, required to have a Coronary before he and his wife became legal. He had been using EHIC for 10+ years.
Bob

Tetley

Quote from: fidgetmidget on August 19, 2017, 10:36:03 AM
Before I was a resident of Spain but living here, just, I broke my foot on a visit to Valencia, I used my EHIC and got full treatment and six months of follow up and rehab. Was unable to walk for 12 weeks, wheelchair bound. The only thing they didn't do was transfer me from University la Fa to a local hospital by ambulance, I had to travel in the back of my dads car. I wasn't asked for or invoiced a penny. I didn't have travel insurance.
FM

just out of intrest was this in the past few months or a wile back.

fidgetmidget

FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Tetley

Quote from: BobL on August 19, 2017, 05:36:38 AM
Our sister-in-law used the A&E in Huercal Overa post head trauma and had X-rays & sutures. 12months later and no bill. Not sure how they could make you pay. Take you to Court in UK? Debt collectors? That would be interesting. Still we all know of those Resident out here without Medical Cover who claim to be on holiday.
Dr. Bob and Sandra

Bob
in the early days folks did chance it under reiterment age with the E111  only,however one of the main things now for all under retirment age is the section 7 bit of the EU Citizens rights directive,were un under retirent age EU cit wishing to stay longer than 90 days in another state must have comprehensive medical insurance so as not to be a burden on the state there visiting for long stay or living in.

also this is what the UK are hitting EU punters with that have done the 85 page form to apply for residency ie were,s yer proof of medical.....from when yer first entered the uk....

Tetley

Quote from: StellaL on August 19, 2017, 03:14:30 AM
Quite frankly Steve that is rubbish and you know it. You are just scare mongering. No problem using EHIC in my experience. You should know better Steve.

ok Stell thanks.....

(ps campers the first issue may lad had to go into the hospital and srt for his friend the second issue was taken directly from face book from a persons own experience recently using the E111  card )

BobL

Our sister-in-law used the A&E in Huercal Overa post head trauma and had X-rays & sutures. 12months later and no bill. Not sure how they could make you pay. Take you to Court in UK? Debt collectors? That would be interesting. Still we all know of those Resident out here without Medical Cover who claim to be on holiday.
Dr. Bob and Sandra

StellaL

Quite frankly Steve that is rubbish and you know it. You are just scare mongering. No problem using EHIC in my experience. You should know better Steve.
Stella

Rtis

AND , if one does not have the money ?

Tetley

Looks like there at the charging lark again this time its Hercual Overa

taken from a persons  post off faces book

"I fell  a few weeks ago. Used Ehic but still got bill €288.48 rang Nhs uk and they said I have to pay it then claim. They said it could take 6-9 months and probably only get a small amount back."

webejamin

byrney, you're a little rascal  :72:

byrney

"as for mischeif just give me a little bit of credit bryns........." - I do !!  :grin:

gus-lopez

They're still signing Brits on the foreigners list up here & then round the inss for registering for health care. :sign0098:

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on February 18, 2017, 08:06:41 AM
Tets,
:93: :grin:   Hope you soon feel better.  :88:

if i was in uk....id have had a couple of weeks on sick... :great:  ( once i find out how mutch state sick pay is )

zilnor

Tets,
:93: :grin:   Hope you soon feel better.  :88:

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on February 18, 2017, 07:52:15 AM
Byrney,

Tets has just proved your point. !  He must dream about Brexit every night and the first word he says every morning is "Brexit" .  
Dear old Tets, the thought of having to return to Blighty and get some paid work is obviously tipping him over the edge  :57:
Don't worry, plenty of jobs here , unemployment rate is only 5% compared to 20% in Spain  :hee20hee20hee:

Here Here well said Zills,no doubt bryns and the Arbi code break club     :welcome: will be along shortly ti savage mi wi a wet electronic letuice......

anyway dont be to hard on mi...ive still got the flues.... :035:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoPNC3ebYQ   :grin:

zilnor

Byrney,

Tets has just proved your point. !  He must dream about Brexit every night and the first word he says every morning is "Brexit" . 
Dear old Tets, the thought of having to return to Blighty and get some paid work is obviously tipping him over the edge  :57:
Don't worry, plenty of jobs here , unemployment rate is only 5% compared to 20% in Spain  :hee20hee20hee:

Tetley

Quote from: Karen4 on February 18, 2017, 07:29:04 AM
It's more than a little bit worrying that a hospital can think a UK citizen is not an EU citizen.

Jnr said it was a genuine mistake once he made the folks aware that the young lady was an EU Citizen and her Card was valid they were very helpfull.

however Karen i do agree that it MAY  get a little worrying for those hopeing to holiday at a discount, if the Health card goes on its arse after the brexit especialy anybody with private holiday insurence load able conditions......or non insurable pre conditions.

still thats progress..... we will have our Soveringty back ( and still be paying into the EU to trade ) carnt make a uk omlett without cracking uk Eggs....................mmmmm

Karen4

It's more than a little bit worrying that a hospital can think a UK citizen is not an EU citizen.
Cl3880

Tetley

the hospital where very helpfull once they were made aware,

she was invoiced  in error......as a non EU Cit.

and its now been sorted.

as for mischeif just give me a little bit of credit bryns.........

byrney

And - now back to Planet Earth.

There are plenty of other threads on here (way far too many actually IMHO) which either started as "leaving the EU" posts, or have been turned into "leaving the EU" posts.

So can we please get back to the OP's gripe?

Have we yet established whether this poor young lady was charged for her treatment due to a "misunderstanding" as to whether the UK/Ireland has left the EU, or whether she has been living here for far longer than the "emergency" treatment covered by her E111/EHIC Card allows her, or (heaven forbid) it was simply a mischievous post?....

Lynden

Quote from: ray on February 17, 2017, 20:01:02 PM
I thought the Bits superior complex was whatBritex was all about.
No it was being the doormat of Europe that caused it. Paying in and watching France take it out. Having no say due to the way EU voting is structured (rigged).....,oddly Spain suffer this but hey ho they get the cash so don't worry too much.

ray

I thought the Bits superior complex was whatBritex was all about.

StellaL

I always thought it was the Germans who considered themselves to be the superior race.
Stella

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on February 17, 2017, 17:24:35 PM
I don't know any Brits who think they are the master race Tets.

really............. :grin:

zilnor

I don't know any Brits who think they are the master race Tets.

Tetley

Quote from: Lynden on February 17, 2017, 10:20:34 AM
Can't say I know anyone who thinks that Brits are some superior race Tets.
Most UK folks are seriously hacked off with the race to the bottom mentality that successive governments have pursued.
Don't worry about the bright kids, just make sure little Jonny has loads of support and we hit the targets. Hand outs to the won't do's, the entitlement generation ( the ones who don't tend to vote oddly) who believe they should have it all without grafting for it. The politicians grubbing in the trough. The obnoxious Benidorm party yoofs.
There's no wonder that things are kicking off.
There's nothing wrong in believing things could be better. No prospect of that with the status quo in the EU.
I blame.......in no particular order...
The welfare state.....for an ever expanding remit
The TV
The Social Media
Celebrity
If the UK's education system was wound back 50 years we may start to have decently educated individuals who might be able to see through all the bull.

if i had a pound for every brit ive spoke to since the 24 june that thinks spain will close without the brit pound.....id have made a lot more money than i made on my brexit hedges....

anyway...lets sit back and wittness the brave new england & and punter financing of it,hacked off..........we aint seen nothing yet ! lol

Lynden

Can't say I know anyone who thinks that Brits are some superior race Tets.
Most UK folks are seriously hacked off with the race to the bottom mentality that successive governments have pursued.
Don't worry about the bright kids, just make sure little Jonny has loads of support and we hit the targets. Hand outs to the won't do's, the entitlement generation ( the ones who don't tend to vote oddly) who believe they should have it all without grafting for it. The politicians grubbing in the trough. The obnoxious Benidorm party yoofs.
There's no wonder that things are kicking off.
There's nothing wrong in believing things could be better. No prospect of that with the status quo in the EU.
I blame.......in no particular order...
The welfare state.....for an ever expanding remit
The TV
The Social Media
Celebrity
If the UK's education system was wound back 50 years we may start to have decently educated individuals who might be able to see through all the bull.