Vera advisors Debra cubel

Started by dougtaffy, February 09, 2017, 09:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

Indeed, as long as you can find the debtor first!
Cl3880

gus-lopez

Quote from: Karen4 on September 23, 2017, 20:54:36 PM
Quote from: Karen4 on September 23, 2017, 13:41:24 PM
swithin...."My advice from personal experience of someone owing me money is to go to the notary every morning before it opens to greet her husband and retune every afternoon when he walks out, tell him you will be the first face he sees every day and the last!! Until you get your money."
Friendly? Not.
Have I missed something here? Is this not a suggestion to stalk or harass someone by continually appearing at their place of work morning and night, and basically threatening them? If yo behaved like that towards me or any member of my family I think I would certainly consider it harassment and threatening behaviour. If it's not, then I must be wrong and indeed I'm very sorry you feel that way swithin, but if you think that that is acceptable behaviour towards someone else then maybe you need to have a wee rethink. I have already taken the opportunity to have this checked out this afternoon so I'm not that worried about it. However I'm sorry you feel so badly about it. I did have a picture to post for you but can't find it at the minute, I'm sorry about that too as I think you'd like it. If I find it I'll send it on to you.

Unfortunately no it isn't. It is how the well known Spanish debt collecting firm woks very successfully.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/aug/09/spain-debt-collectors-cobrador-del-frac

Karen4

Quote from: Karen4 on September 23, 2017, 13:41:24 PM
swithin...."My advice from personal experience of someone owing me money is to go to the notary every morning before it opens to greet her husband and retune every afternoon when he walks out, tell him you will be the first face he sees every day and the last!! Until you get your money."
Friendly? Not.
Have I missed something here? Is this not a suggestion to stalk or harass someone by continually appearing at their place of work morning and night, and basically threatening them? If yo behaved like that towards me or any member of my family I think I would certainly consider it harassment and threatening behaviour. If it's not, then I must be wrong and indeed I'm very sorry you feel that way swithin, but if you think that that is acceptable behaviour towards someone else then maybe you need to have a wee rethink. I have already taken the opportunity to have this checked out this afternoon so I'm not that worried about it. However I'm sorry you feel so badly about it. I did have a picture to post for you but can't find it at the minute, I'm sorry about that too as I think you'd like it. If I find it I'll send it on to you.
Cl3880

Lizzie1201

swithin

Karen4. Your original accusations remain unfounded and more seriously libel! In the spirit of the forum I would like to offer you the opportunity to retract the accusations and apologise. I take these accusations very seriously and will have no alternative but to proceed with legal proceedings if I do not receive a retraction. I understand people get caught up when on forums and have no problem with people disagreeing with my point of view, however you have made this very personal and attempted to smear my character. I cannot allow this to continue without recourse.

Karen4

Quote from: alhambra on September 23, 2017, 12:46:41 PM
Don't you think you should take note of B in your list Karen, or would that somehow not apply to you. :clap:
I get really over-excited about the things which are relevant to me.....those which aren't, not so much!  :13:
Cl3880

Karen4

Friendly? Not.
Cl3880

Angleseyite

Quote from: swithin on September 23, 2017, 11:44:13 AM
Hi Karen, wow these are really serious accusations you are sending here. I have NEVER suggested stalking, agression or assault and never would. I think this has now gone beyond heated discussion and is now in the realms of slander, I think it now me who needs to seek legal advice. Maybe you need to retread the posts before making such totally unfounded accusations.

:c029:

alhambra

Don't you think you should take note of B in your list Karen, or would that somehow not apply to you. :clap:

swithin

Hi Karen, wow these are really serious accusations you are sending here. I have NEVER suggested stalking, agression or assault and never would. I think this has now gone beyond heated discussion and is now in the realms of slander, I think it now me who needs to seek legal advice. Maybe you need to retread the posts before making such totally unfounded accusations.

Karen4

I've been following this thread with a great deal of interest and a fair smattering of discomfort as well. It's a prime example of why so many people never post on forums, when often simple remarks can be responded to with aggression.
Why on earth would anyone on a forum offer assistance to anyone if this is the sort of response they get? Now I have no idea whether or not "swithin" is owed money by Deborah Cubel, whether or not "swithin"even lives in Spain, whether or not "swithin" is male, female, or, in the interests of modern-day thinking transgender, fluid gender, non-binary or whatever.
What I have learned from "swithin" is the following:
a) Don't ever bother offering help or advice to anyone other than by private message as somewhere, someone with nothing better to do will feel entitled to assault you with a barrage of thinly disguised/open, non-constructive criticism.
b) Some people can get over-excited about things that are maybe not really relevant to them and feel the need to let us all know about it, ad nauseam.
c) Never, ever, under any circumstances, borrow money or anything else from "swithin", as s/he apparently thinks it's fine to carry out a campaign of aggression/assault/harassment/stalking to get it back, against your spouse/partner/son/daughter/mother/father etc as obviously all family members are fair game in his/her way of thinking.
Yep, it's no wonder that so many people don't bother to post on forums, why would they want to invite hateful and spiteful responses? To those people who spend far too much time hiding behind their keyboards taking out their unhappiness, frustration and loneliness on other people, try doing someone a good turn instead. It helps to make the world a better place and will make you feel so much better as well. Just be kind.
Cl3880

swithin

Amanda,
Swithin is in tribute to my late father and the name I choose to use on this forum, end of  story. I have reread the thread and have failed to find anywhere I have criticised you. The people who have been affected both financially and emotionally as a result of their dealings with this person deserve recompense. Obviously our advice can only be based on personal experience and what these people need is professional legal advice from well established, reputable solicitor not forum warriors on a local forum. I wish them good luck.

Amanda Oakley

Hi

I do not need to know who you are, or care who you are but when I am being so actively criticised, show your true colours !!!!
You joined this thread in a negative fashion and criticised my comments aimed at those who have an interest in this matter when I was offering help in a constructive fashion ...... I have very little interest in people that hide behind aliases and are commenting when they have no personal interest.
Regards

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

swithin

Why are you so interested in who I am? You have not asked anyone else who they are!

Amanda Oakley

Correct
Your advice has not been constructive in my opinión and as a second point, I would love to know your real name - two different issues.
If you are able to be constructive surely, you do not need to hide behind an alias.
If those affected by the OP, care to contact me, I may be able to provide sensible guidance rather than suggestions that involve someone unrelated to the question raised, my mind is perfectly clear on this point.

Perhaps the parties affected should contact you for a solution and I can then retract my offer of help.
Regards

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

swithin

So in one sentence you dismiss my advice as (hardly being constructive) and in your last would like to know who I am in case you need my assistance in the future !!! Seems you can not make your mind up! :88:

Amanda Oakley

Swithin

Debt lies with the person who owes which relates to the person "accused", not her partner. Hardly constructive advise given!!
I have made my point and have offered help and have not suggested a charge - people know who I am and are welcome to contact me for free advice if of use, I have no ulterior motive or self promotion in this matter - the opposite in fact could be true as I do not need more work than I already have - simply wanted to help if I could.

Would love to know who you are just in case I need your assistance relalting to debt coleection if I am unable to manage on my own in the future.
:kiss:
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

swithin

Amanda Oakley my offer of help was advice on debt collection with no ulterior motive or self promotion. I am very happy you (know who you are) did someone suggest you did not?. The help (personal experience) I offered is given free, is yours?.

Amanda Oakley

Hi Alhambra

I have read the posts and was concerned and bothered enough to offer help........
As I am unsure of any detail, I cannot do more but if anyone needs my help, I have offered......
Perhaps I shoud have refrained from commenting and offering to help !!!

I do not consider the situation to be correct but as I do not have any FACTUAL information, I cannot make a judgement, but, as I run my own business in the same sector, understand that there is maybe more than meets the eye......
If people posted clear facts, I am sure an answer could be found along with a solution!!!

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

alhambra

Quote from: Amanda Oakley on September 19, 2017, 20:55:53 PM
I am aware that Deborah has some serious health issues at present and has been off work for the last few months - it is unfair and wrong to involve her partner as his job at the Notaries office has nothing to do with her...... Their Jobs are not connected.

As long as I do not get "bombarded", I am happy to try and help if I can....... There are serious personal matters that need to be sympathetically considered and I am sure that Deborah has not "deliberately" set out to upset clients.....

If anyone cares to email me at info@aloservices.es, I will try and help but please remember I cannot make any promises and am incredibly busy..... but, I will do my best to help if I can

Regards

Amanda, have you read any of the posts. This woman seems to owe people a lot of money, going back as babs said 2 1/2 years, and quite possibly longer, and that's just the few who have posted on here. When you say, there are serious personal matters that need to be sympathetically considered, what exactly does that mean. If she has been ill for 2 or more years and continued to handle peoples affairs, you know what they say, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, chances are, it is a duck. I would hope you don't consider this an acceptable way for any person, healthy or ill to operate a business.

Amanda Oakley

Swithin (sorry I do not know who you are), if you read my original response, it was an offer to assist those affected (which you do not appear to be) and I make the point that her partner is not involved in her business.

I know who I am - not sure who you are !!!
Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

swithin

Amanda Oakley who do you think you are to tell any forum member what they may comment on!!!! you have not jumped on another member for sharing a friends experience!!, or answered my question. So why single out my post I wonder.

Amanda Oakley

Swithin...... If you do not have an issue with Deborah, you have no place to comment.
As stated, I am happy to help if I can but will not participate in a Witch Hunt unless it is proven that a Witch needs to be Hunted.
Her business has nothing to do with her partner so why on earth is he to be involved !!!!

Regards

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

Karen4

A friend of mine has been owed around €3000 following the sale of he house in Spain, retained by Deborah. All phone calls, emails etc remained unanswered. She finally used a solicitor in Albox, paid €50 and got her money returned. She is happy for me to pass on the contact.....I don't know the people, good, bad or indifferent but Chris got her money back and is happy to share the contact, it's
sally@gruposalvador.es
Cl3880

swithin

Well Amanda Oakley what do you suggest someone who is owed money or services as posted should do to recover them?

Amanda Oakley

I am aware that Deborah has some serious health issues at present and has been off work for the last few months - it is unfair and wrong to involve her partner as his job at the Notaries office has nothing to do with her...... Their Jobs are not connected.

As long as I do not get "bombarded", I am happy to try and help if I can....... There are serious personal matters that need to be sympathetically considered and I am sure that Deborah has not "deliberately" set out to upset clients.....

If anyone cares to email me at info@aloservices.es, I will try and help but please remember I cannot make any promises and am incredibly busy..... but, I will do my best to help if I can

Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

hopeful1

I have also had problems with Deborah. We went to sign the Deeds at the Notary office with her 3 years ago and she said she would post us a copy. We have still not received the Deeds, the Land Registry Certification or any other legal document from her. She ignores our phone calls and emails and said going to another solicitor is not going to make any difference. She has taken our money for the services and now has closed up office.

swithin

I keep reading about this person but did not realise her husband works in a notary!! My advice from personal experience of someone owing me money is to go to the notary every morning before it opens to greet her husband and retune every afternoon when he walks out, tell him you will be the first face he sees every day and the last!! Until you get your money.

babs

This matter was about selling my house.  I know I will have to go to another solicitor soon but this will cost more money.

babs

I am also having problems with Deborah.  I even wenr into the Notary office and spoke with her husband whi called her on his phone and let me speak to her. She still insisted she was working from home but has still not answered my emails or phone calls. This matter has been going on fir 2 1/2 years. She owes me money.

Starburst1

I suggest you appoint  new solicitor someone who is known to be trustworthy, instruct them to end the POA immediately nd to continue the inheritance process for you. You have given the other gestor ample time to contact you. Even if they are ill which of course is very sad, it doesnt help you and you need to get your affairs in order and end your stress. Why did you need power of attorney for this?

Roy Thomas

Giving POA to a financial adviser in Spain is like giving Robert Maxwell your pension pot to manage.

As my old granny would say " A fool and there money is soon parted".

R1690H

Deborah was helping me with the transfer of inheritance, we created a power of attorney for her to act on our behalf and complete the paperwork. We paid for documents to be apostille and provided these to Deborah. From when we gave Deborah POA and the documents she has disappeared with no communication. I have heard locally that she is ill, however good practice would be to make contact with existing clients. To this date I have still heard nothing from her or anyone from her organisation, even her husband wouldn't help us. I would advise not to engage in this companies services as they have caused us nothing but stress and financial concern.

Karen4

I have a friend who is owed money by this "company" and can't make contact - I gather she was going to make a denuncia against Ms Cubel. The local police might be able to tell you more! If you want to make contact with my friend I can pass on a message with your contact details so you can talk to her if you like?
Cl3880

dougtaffy

Hi does anyone know what's going on with Vera advisors we have been in Spain for 2months and her office is always closed every time we go there